PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87
Re: Alltel Diamond & Pro Release Dates

I'm sure most have you have seen this page, but if not, here: http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/All...+touch+diamond

I'm liking the look of it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

BURN alltel is getting the gimped version that verizon is getting... I guess the merger is having more impact than once thought.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm halfway tempted to try to pick up an Alltel Diamond and flash it to Sprint, so I won't have to live with that awful red back.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

before you look at the specs... it has a micro sd slot so theres a REALLY good chance that its basically a HTC touch in a new shell.

anyone else notice the links seem to point to the regular touch? i think something might be messed up with that page...

Last edited by cornelious2; 10-14-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Lurker

ed62slow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
before you look at the specs... it has a micro sd slot so theres a REALLY good chance that its basically a HTC touch in a new shell.

anyone else notice the links seem to point to the regular touch? i think something might be messed up with that page...
About a week or two ago that page only contained the name and picture of the Diamond. I have been checking on that site periodically and it seems they update it every couple days. The page did start out as the regular touch page and it seems they are adding the Diamonds features and deleting the regular touch features.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started

i dont think that page is right... spec wise. I was the one who originally found that and we discussed over at hofo, how the specs were that of the original touch. Wouldnt trust those until it officially goes live on the site.

I have the 700wx and have been lately rethinking how I use the device... Im so used to a hard keyboard. I hate to do the get one and trade it out, but i might have to. Possible I guess that I would just stay with the diamond. Tough decision.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
The Diamond as it stands now is being released Oct 30. The Pro will be on sale Nov 13.
Ha ha ha Ha ,,,,, here we go with covert operations again,,, lol,,, not trying to be an a$$ but if you know,, then at least give a clue as to how you know... we transfer all kinds of info on this site discretely,, and maybe some of it is not really supposed to be here,, but that is what this site is for... so for Jesus sake, either crap or get off the pot my friend...

My Best Friend works for alltel,, they have already been prepping the higher ups for the release, its no big secret...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
BURN alltel is getting the gimped version that verizon is getting... I guess the merger is having more impact than once thought.
No. The specs of the Alltel handset are the exact same as the Sprint release. That leaked page is just a place holder that features (out dated) Alltel Diamond graphics with the Touch Info and links (since thats the page they duplicated).
Old 10-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
Ha ha ha Ha ,,,,, here we go with covert operations again,,, lol,,, not trying to be an a$$ but if you know,, then at least give a clue as to how you know... we transfer all kinds of info on this site discretely,, and maybe some of it is not really supposed to be here,, but that is what this site is for... so for Jesus sake, either crap or get off the pot my friend...

My Best Friend works for alltel,, they have already been prepping the higher ups for the release, its no big secret...
I'm glad you have a friend.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Alltel

jtcrusader is just getting started

From the Alltel web site:

http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/AlltelPublic/!ut/p/c0/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnP2-DoCBDAwN_HxcnAyNLZ0PLIE9DIN9MvyDbUREAcLGgFQ!!/?WCM_PORTLET=PC_7_CNK0RR100OLDB029C19RI110G4_WCM&W CM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/Business/home/b/phonesaccessories/phones/htc_touch_diamond/htc+touch+diamond

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives