PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Diamond & Pro Release Dates

The Diamond as it stands now is being released Oct 30. The Pro will be on sale Nov 13.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Alltel Diamond & Pro Release Dates

Nice, please cite your source.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can't... but I wouldn't post it without it being solid.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

You can't say "a member of the family that works at Alltel corporate" or "good friend who works in the Alltel testing lab" or anything? Hmmm....
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

great news, I heard from someone testing them that the diamond had a good battery life, whereas the pro, needed some work on, and he was hoping they could get it fixed cause the battery life sucked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

doctorPDA is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the info w0rdie. I agree with rainfreak that it's nice to have some more information to enhance the credibility of your reported release dates, but I can understand your concern, especially if you're releasing classified info and if you work for Alltel. Since you are the 1st person to report an actual specific release date for the Alltel Diamond and Pro, I think that's a good start.

conflipper, thanks man. Keep the info coming.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hurbin is just getting started

I can second that date. my best friend works at alltel and they got accessories in last week for both phones. the phones are not on the sales portal yet but they ARE told when they will be sold. only thing they don't know would be pricing..
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started

Pro will be in my hands the day Alltel releases it.... I can wait a month. Contract up @ end of October, and the 700wx can finally be retired. I was hoping we would have seen the 800w by now. Choices are a good thing.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

so since alltel has a 30 day trial period on there smartphone, you could get the diamond, and then take it back 2 weeks later, and get the pro, if you think you might prefer that.

maybe.

The diamond will be nice, but i dont like the fact that you are stuck to only 4 gb of storage, would be nice to have more. but none the less, i am sure i will get one the day they are out.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thats my plan.. get the Diamond give it a go for a couple weeks then pick up the Pro when it's released and see if the hard keyboard is worth the extra girth... I'm thinking no though.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives