PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nvidia Tegra News, Updates and Latest Development watch

Check this out!!!

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2423

This is like my ultimate dream come true. The HTC Tungsten W or Whitestone W running on the Tegra platform. I get the best phone form factor with the best platform in existence. Woot. 2009 is going to be a good year. Can't wait for WMC and CTIA!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

This is interesting...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Ok, we already have a name for the first Tegra. It's the "SuperStar". Thing is, it's not the apx 2500 chipset but it's called AP16. I hope the videos posted before will really be on the phone. All those awesome 3D's and that fast response.

check here

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya, I noticed that but forgot to post it. Thanks jethro.

I'm interested in what this nVidia AP16 is. 600Mhz isn't really an upgrade from 528Mhz and the rest of the specs shown aren't anything amazing over the Rhodium I'm planning on getting. Now the APX2500 with the 800Mhz CPU is tempting as that is approaching the Snapdragon CPU in speed and the video capability of the APX2500 is crazy as we all know.

So, the real question is, what's the downlow on this AP16?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
Ya, I noticed that but forgot to post it. Thanks jethro.

I'm interested in what this nVidia AP16 is. 600Mhz isn't really an upgrade from 528Mhz and the rest of the specs shown aren't anything amazing over the Rhodium I'm planning on getting. Now the APX2500 with the 800Mhz CPU is tempting as that is approaching the Snapdragon CPU in speed and the video capability of the APX2500 is crazy as we all know.

So, the real question is, what's the downlow on this AP16?
My friend, The chip itself is the shiznit. Even the 1Ghz snapdragon couldn't match it. Or any other mobile CPU for that matter. The 600mhz CPU comes complete with HD video and audio decoder integrated in that same chips. Which in turn makes it consume power much less. Since Nvidia specialize in graphics, it will be graphically unmatched. So all of the devices listed in there is no match for the tegra. Well, maybe that is why it's called the "SuperStar" because it is on it's batch.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

yea that tegra device looks like its going to be a landscape device.

if you notice the thoth and superstar are 800x480 compared to the rhodium and traditional portrait devices which are listed at 480x800

very very very interesting. and im sure we wont get it in the states.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

I say, No mobile device can kill the Iphone. No TG01, No android, No Touch HD, No TP2, No blackstone or whitestone. No rhodium can ever kill the Iphone. But there is only one. The Nvidia Tegra based handsets. It the only one I can call the real Iphone killer. Well maybe not in sales, But the Tegra will kill thw Iphone in every aspect of the game. Y'all feel me? That is based on my honest opinion. It's tegra or nothing.

Last edited by jethro_static; 03-21-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:19 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
yea that tegra device looks like its going to be a landscape device.

if you notice the thoth and superstar are 800x480 compared to the rhodium and traditional portrait devices which are listed at 480x800

very very very interesting. and im sure we wont get it in the states.
It's the start my friend. Maybe not the SuperStar but there will be a tegra based handset in here. Or else, I will go GSM.LOL

Nice catch on the device layout. I did not even notice that. I was like why is it 1 device is 800x480 and the other is 480x800. LOL .I said, what's the difference? U r positive on that mah man.

Last edited by jethro_static; 03-21-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

wm6.5 + badass graphics chip + huge screen + marketplace + 3.5mm + all common features = iphone killer.

thats the ultimate combination, thats gonna be the only way.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:51 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
wm6.5 + badass graphics chip + huge screen + marketplace + 3.5mm + all common features = iphone killer.

thats the ultimate combination, thats gonna be the only way.
Totally brotherman. totally.You hit the nail on the head.

Oh don't forget, the Nvidia tegra UI. Gotta have that.

Last edited by jethro_static; 03-21-2009 at 12:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives