PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

TheIgster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

That Diamond looks incredible. I can't stand seeing new stuff like this. Now my Touch looks like garbage. I know it's not, but wow, what a phone that Diamond looks like. Love that interface.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm loving some of the interface changes.. and i totally forgot how crisp vga really was... i love the 2nd pic... beats htc home eh?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgster View Post
That Diamond looks incredible. I can't stand seeing new stuff like this. Now my Touch looks like garbage. I know it's not, but wow, what a phone that Diamond looks like. Love that interface.
stole the words right from my mouth

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HTC keeps doing more and more to customize and improve the windows mobile UI. If MS could spend a little time making things look and work as well as HTC's add ons, we'd be at a lot better starting place. WM7 had better be awesome.

Now the only question is how do I justify buying one of these when I would have to pay full retail price? Probably will just stick with my Titan for a while. Hopefully we'll see some of this stuff ripped out of the Raphael/Diamond and running on current devices like we did with all of the Touch applications. [Edit: I just realized this is probably not going to be as easy as it was for the Touch. All the graphics would have to be resized, and we might not be able to render the 3d effects as well (are these supposed to have any graphics acceleration, better processor, etc? Anybody know what chipset is being used?). Oh well, maybe we'll see something come out of it]

A lot of these screens remind of the Manila stuff that was floating around for awhile. Did that ever make it to a production device, or was it perhaps early versions of what we are seeing now? That would explain why those Manila apps were VGA.

Last edited by bedoig; 05-07-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i'd be a very happy camper if some of those apps could get ported over, hopefully it can be done....

i have little faith in wm7 if they're going it alone... i agree that the stuff htc is doing to customize the interface is JUST what is needed to push the format to the next level.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

The articles stated that TouchFlo 3D is specially hardware-accelerated, and is NOT compatible with current hardware. Sounds like they're finally using the 3D functions of the chip, and the new processor runs at a faster speed, too.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

rononymous is a n00b

so I was thinking about selling my phone really soon to maximize the amount i would get for it (before the raphael comes out, I have the mogul) At that particular time, someone knocked my phone out of my hand and now the on button is not in place with the housing. I have to stick something in the created hole and jiggle it to turn it on.

So now I'm trying to deiced whether I should bring it in to the sprint store (with insurance of course on my plan) and have them replace it, or put up with it for a couple of months and wait for a raphael replacement. The problem is if I wait water may go in the phone. If I get it replaced immediately I can sell the refurb that I get.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would go ahead and get it replaced. First of all, there are no guarantees that the Raphael will be released within a few months. Second, the mogul is not set to go end of life anytime within the next six months, so you can count on getting another one as a replacement.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Artanis is keeping up the good workArtanis is keeping up the good work

So ive been reading all day but noone has any information on the second camera on the face? Has anyone found any info for it?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

I'm curious, is it the type of screen like the Touch where you have to press or like the Iphone where you touch. For those of you that are familiar with the Iphone, you know what I'm refering to.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives