PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyXbiT View Post
i'm tired of microsoft, and they deserve to get destroyed by both the iPhone and android.
You make it sound so sexy.
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

papped is a n00b
Don't worry, if anything the Touch will get it first and someone will be forced to port it.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor
native threaded SMS :rool:: i cant wait till it comes out, we dont need the rom just rip the threaded sms out of it
Old 12-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
...we dont need the rom just rip the threaded sms out of it
lol, i welcome updates to the OS. WM6 is a buggy, leaky POS. I'll take the SMS and all the fixes along with it.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

tavella is a n00b
I hate to be negative, but why would Sprint push WM6.1 to the Mogul when another device will released with this OS. Example, Motorola Q vs Motorola Q9c. The Original Q can support WM6, but none of the providers wanted to supply it as it would have lowered the Q9 sales.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

jpurv is a n00b
The thread over at Howard Forums indicated MS specifically mentioned the Mogul:

"Scheduled for availability in the second quarter of 2008, System Center Mobile Device Manager allows administrators to provision and manage smartphones, and lets users access enterprise applications residing behind the firewall, according to Microsoft. The software will require brand-new Windows Mobile phones, or updates to selected older devices, the company says.

Assuming the "update" referred to is in fact one and the same as the new Windows Mobile release, a guide of compatible phones already released by Microsoft reveals those that will be first to receive the operating system upgrade. They are the AT&T Blackjack II, AT&T Tilt, HTC Advantage, HTC Mogul, HTC Touch, Motorola Q Music 9m, Palm Treo 750, Samsung SCH i760, T-Mobile Wing, Verizon SMT5800, and Verizon XV6800."

I know it's not the same as a promise, but it's at least encouraging.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavella View Post
I hate to be negative, but why would Sprint push WM6.1 to the Mogul when another device will released with this OS. Example, Motorola Q vs Motorola Q9c. The Original Q can support WM6, but none of the providers wanted to supply it as it would have lowered the Q9 sales.
b/c customer dissatisfaction sucks if you're in the business of selling things. nobody that sells things wants to sell things once. they want to sell things a lot. eventually people catch on. and, if they catch on to you raping them in their sleep, you're screwed. and, with the intertubes being what they are, you'll catch on faster than you would otherwise. if you're looking.

if you're not, you deserve to be screwed. that's capitalism, my friend
Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ah, my... thanks, I needed a laugh today!

You meant to say, "Surely the rom hackers will include WM6.1 in their kitchen, once they get a kitchen for the mogul"

I just know you did.
My thoughts exactly! How did you read my mind?

Funny thing...is that reading the BGR yesterday, my first thought wasn't will Sprint push this to us, rather it was I wonder who will port it first?!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Is that threaded SMS on the screenshots!!!???!!!???
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurv View Post
The thread over at Howard Forums indicated MS specifically mentioned the Mogul:

"Scheduled for availability in the second quarter of 2008, System Center Mobile Device Manager allows administrators to provision and manage smartphones, and lets users access enterprise applications residing behind the firewall, according to Microsoft. The software will require brand-new Windows Mobile phones, or updates to selected older devices, the company says.

Assuming the "update" referred to is in fact one and the same as the new Windows Mobile release, a guide of compatible phones already released by Microsoft reveals those that will be first to receive the operating system upgrade. They are the AT&T Blackjack II, AT&T Tilt, HTC Advantage, HTC Mogul, HTC Touch, Motorola Q Music 9m, Palm Treo 750, Samsung SCH i760, T-Mobile Wing, Verizon SMT5800, and Verizon XV6800."

I know it's not the same as a promise, but it's at least encouraging.
Encouraging, yes. ETA? Only Sprint knows, and based on previous "promises (Rev A anyone) you can't count on them to deliver. It is nice to know that the Mogul hardware will be able to handle the updated OS. However, it is more likely that someone will hack it for us before Sprint will ever push it to us. But....stranger things have happened...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Check this out!

Surely, Sprint will push the 6.1 Update to us Mogul users, right? Isnt this OS update rumored to be a Q1 2008 release? Ahhh, just in time for GPS/Rev. A. Things are lookin up folx.
Yeah, right.. if history repeats itself, which it always does, the only way we'll get 6.1 is to hack it in ourselves...
-mark
Old 12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

SyXbiT is a n00b
we all know that Sprint never gets anything right.
they downright suck. my mum cancelled her service 5 months ago, and keeps getting bills.

most of us would bail in a nano second if it wasn't for sero

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives