PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104806)

imtjnotu 01-05-2010 05:18 PM

NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring

sprint has let us down again
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/05/v...n-spring-2010/

x10guy 01-05-2010 05:29 PM

Re: NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring

Why would you think Sprint let us down?
Google probably went to Verizon first.

imtjnotu 01-05-2010 05:38 PM

because every other carrier is getting great phones while sprint thinks the pre and hero are good enough lol

x10guy 01-05-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtjnotu (Post 1463094)
because every other carrier is getting great phones while sprint thinks the pre and hero are good enough lol

Apple went to Verizon first with the iphone- they got rejected and then to ATT
Google (I'm guessing) went to Verizon first.

If Sprint actually had an opportunity to get these phones and rejected them, I can see your point. But they didn't.

Sprint is simply not as large as the Big two. Now you can indirectly blame them for shooting themselves in the foot with the Nextel fiasco but blaming them for Google's own decision, doesn't make sense.

snowplow54 01-05-2010 06:01 PM

sprint's gonna have a lot of catching up to do, they have a a decent selection, but nothing that can stand up to phones like the HD2, Nexus one, or Iphone.

x10guy 01-05-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowplow54 (Post 1463159)
sprint's gonna have a lot of catching up to do, they have a a decent selection, but nothing that can stand up to phones like the HD2, Nexus one, or Iphone.

Maybe it's the case of the strong getting stronger and the weak getting weaker...
If you were Google or Apple, and had to pick one wireless company to go with, I'm sure most of us would make the same decision.

acts 01-05-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1463251)
Maybe it's the case of the strong getting stronger and the weak getting weaker...
If you were Google or Apple, and had to pick one wireless company to go with, I'm sure most of us would make the same decision.

if you were google, you would pick more than 1 wireless company. if you're going to give t-mobile a shot, and verizon (and go through the trouble of doing a CDMA phone), why would you not give the phone to sprint as well?

they allow for an unlocked version to go to ATT with no 3G. it's not hard to do an unlock for sprint (and with 3G).

that's my opinion anyway

ajac 01-05-2010 07:24 PM

lol and sprint does have an announcement this week remember!! THE LG SUPER PHONE lol I doubt it will be anything special personally... after the nexus announcement the lg one will be forgotten.

x10guy 01-05-2010 07:25 PM

I think when you are releasing a totally new smartphone you want some sort of control at least in the beginning to make sure the introduction goes smoothly. Having it on multiple carriers and multiple networks at the same time at the very beginning could lead to problems.

Plus I wouldn't doubt that Verizon agreed to some sort of financial benefit to Google.

fixxxer2012 01-05-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtjnotu (Post 1463094)

ummm....sprint has the best lineup out there. the pixi, pre and hero/moment are all awesum phones. besides the fact verizon cripples all of their phones.