PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104806)

bikeandestroyx 01-05-2010 08:35 PM

Re: NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1463554)
ummm....sprint has the best lineup out there. the pixi, pre and hero/moment are all awesum phones. besides the fact verizon cripples all of their phones.

I'm pretty sure not one of verizons current smartphones are crippled, like the original touch pro/diamond.

clockcycle 01-05-2010 09:35 PM

https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e=

breakmyfootoff 01-05-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

ummm....sprint has the best lineup out there. the pixi, pre and hero/moment are all awesum phones. besides the fact verizon cripples all of their phones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1463568)
I'm pretty sure not one of verizons current smartphones are crippled, like the original touch pro/diamond.

Cmon bike, he's entitled to believe whatever he wants, even if it doesnt make any sense and isnt true :p:geek:

bikeandestroyx 01-05-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1463751)
Cmon bike, he's entitled to believe whatever he wants, even if it doesnt make any sense and isnt true :p:geek:

lmao, ive gotten pretty tired of WM lately how you liking android? This might be the phone that makes me switch, unless of course they get the hd2.

breakmyfootoff 01-05-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1463859)
lmao, ive gotten pretty tired of WM lately how you liking android? This might be the phone that makes me switch, unless of course they get the hd2.

I gotta say, Android has been pretty impressive. It seems like kind of a compromise between WM and iPhone. It has the ease of use and apps like the iPhone, but the customization and freedom of WM. I have mine rooted and I'm able to flash ROM's and such, but when it comes to using emulators and SDK to alter the registry myself there's still a lot of learing ahead (I've never used Linux before so it would be easier if you're somewhat familiar with Linux). I've yet to find anything I cant do with Android that I used to do with my WM phone, and it just works easier. The voice search and navigation is nothing short of amazing

banden 01-05-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

I will definitely add this to my list of facts.

Once the Nexus One is available on Verizon, i am almost certain my wife will be inheriting a Motorola Droid:)

x10guy 01-06-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Sprint may not have the big "exclusive" smartphones (ie. iphone, Nexus, and the Droid somewhat) but they do have a wide variety. (they do have the Pre but it isn't as big).

What Sprint does have is the best data plans. I'm probably in the minority but I'm not interested in paying and "arm-n-leg" each month for the latest exclusive phone. Over the course of the contract, it can be $500-$800 more.

x10guy 01-06-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1464009)
I gotta say, Android has been pretty impressive. It seems like kind of a compromise between WM and iPhone. It has the ease of use and apps like the iPhone, but the customization and freedom of WM. I have mine rooted and I'm able to flash ROM's and such, but when it comes to using emulators and SDK to alter the registry myself there's still a lot of learing ahead (I've never used Linux before so it would be easier if you're somewhat familiar with Linux). I've yet to find anything I cant do with Android that I used to do with my WM phone, and it just works easier. The voice search and navigation is nothing short of amazing

The ironic thing is that Sprint has a slew of new Android phones but they might actually be propping up their Winmo phones because all their android phones require their Everything plan. Many Sprint users on SERO or other legacy plans (like me) aren't willing to switch just yet.

Dr.8820 01-06-2010 02:03 AM

this whole thing is part of the never-ending saga. some people will argue for months about how great a phone is that they never touched or used, then get it and hate it. i'm not complaining though, it makes for good reading! personally, right now i have a device that operates on both cdma and gsm. i'm good lol!

x10guy 01-06-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1464287)
this whole thing is part of the never-ending saga. some people will argue for months about how great a phone is that they never touched or used, then get it and hate it. i'm not complaining though, it makes for good reading! personally, right now i have a device that operates on both cdma and gsm. i'm good lol!

+1 So true, so true. I think it is just human nature to complain about what we don't have. And then when we finally get it, we complain how we don't want it anymore. lol.