PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104806)

tokuzumi 01-07-2010 10:12 AM

Re: NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannawhat31 (Post 1465890)
I have sprint and personally I have 3g everywhere I go. N I cannot see how android is better than winmo. With apps like Skyfire, Opera Mini, Wisbar Advance, Nitrogen, etc I can never see myself switching.

It's one of those things where you just have to use it to understand. For me, I think it's mainly the capacitive screen, which, for me, is infinitely better than a resistive screen. I could never go back to using WM on a resistive screen. The HD2 intrigues me, however, I'm not going to T-Mobile (and I'm only 3.5 months into a new 2 year agreement).

*Disclaimer* Please note I am using my personal opinion, and not necessarily facts

MrObvious 01-07-2010 07:14 PM

I like the idea of a capacitive screen too.

breakmyfootoff 01-08-2010 04:33 AM

The capacitive screen is a big improvement. I think the thing I like about Android most is that it just works well, and I'm still able to dig into it and tweek it and personalize it. With WM, I HAD to tweek it and dig into it just to get it to work, and even then lots of things just didnt look polished like it does with Android and a lot of the things I could "tweek" it to do were kinda glitchy and unreliable. To me, WM was like an old car that I didnt want to get rid of because It was my first, and even though I loved, it I was always having to work on it to keep it going.

MoonZ*BabysH 01-08-2010 01:57 PM

:(

this blows monkey nuts, wish sprint would get this or something like it .

imtjnotu 01-08-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1470427)
The capacitive screen is a big improvement. I think the thing I like about Android most is that it just works well, and I'm still able to dig into it and tweek it and personalize it. With WM, I HAD to tweek it and dig into it just to get it to work, and even then lots of things just didnt look polished like it does with Android and a lot of the things I could "tweek" it to do were kinda glitchy and unreliable. To me, WM was like an old car that I didnt want to get rid of because It was my first, and even though I loved, it I was always having to work on it to keep it going.

thats the one thing i agree on is that android and the iphone just work....no real slow downs no soft resetting all the time no lag when opening texts or the dialer....

jcurley 02-27-2010 12:26 PM

Just read this on Gizmodo.com yesterday.

Nexus One Coming to Verizon March 23?

Yesterday we heard that a CDMA version of the Nexus One was approved by the FCC, and now Neowin has word from an anonymous Google employee that the Google phone will land on Verizon on March 23. That's the day the CTIA wireless convention kicks off and it's less than a month away; Perhaps a bit sooner than we'd expected, but certainly plausible.

shortbus182 02-28-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcurley (Post 1595284)
Just read this on Gizmodo.com yesterday.

Nexus One Coming to Verizon March 23?

Yesterday we heard that a CDMA version of the Nexus One was approved by the FCC, and now Neowin has word from an anonymous Google employee that the Google phone will land on Verizon on March 23. That's the day the CTIA wireless convention kicks off and it's less than a month away; Perhaps a bit sooner than we'd expected, but certainly plausible.

Already pushing it on google's nexus 1 website..https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e=