PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
+1 So true, so true. I think it is just human nature to complain about what we don't have. And then when we finally get it, we complain how we don't want it anymore. lol.
it does look like a nice phone, but people will actually leave sprint just to chase down a phone on another companies network lol! then hate the phone or the coverage or the monthly charges, then want what they gave up in the 1st place lol. whatever company gets it, watch how many "there's something wrong with my phone" threads pop up lol! my wife is not into phones like me, but i got her a moment. that thing gets worse battery life than my tp!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Sprint may not have the big "exclusive" smartphones (ie. iphone, Nexus, and the Droid somewhat) but they do have a wide variety. (they do have the Pre but it isn't as big).

What Sprint does have is the best data plans. I'm probably in the minority but I'm not interested in paying and "arm-n-leg" each month for the latest exclusive phone. Over the course of the contract, it can be $500-$800 more.
I'm with you on this 100%. aside from a few minor things, I'm doing the same thing I probably would on a nexus one that I'm doing on my touch pro. And unlike most people. somehow I'm still on an original first gen touch pro without defects. My contract is up soon, but I'm in no hurry to get a new phone. Gonna let it pan out and see what's compatible with my sero and go from there.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:33 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What cracks me up is how everybody gets so personal about defending their carrier, as if they founded the company or something lol. I use Verizon because they have the best 3g coverage everywhere I go, and they had the phone I wanted. I really couldnt give less of a damn about Verizon as a company. If sprint had better 3g coverage and the phone I wanted I would be on Sprint, even if their plans were more expensive than Verizons.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
What cracks me up is how everybody gets so personal about defending their carrier, as if they founded the company or something lol. I use Verizon because they have the best 3g coverage everywhere I go, and they had the phone I wanted. I really couldnt give less of a damn about Verizon as a company. If sprint had better 3g coverage and the phone I wanted I would be on Sprint, even if their plans were more expensive than Verizons.
that may be your perogative, but for me, i like not being ripped off an arm and a leg for something that i think shouldn't cost so much. cost factors in as much as service to me, and obviously, if i'm going to go with a carrier who i think provides those services that meet my costs, i want that company to succeed. nobody wants to stay on a sinking ship. also, maybe it's a by product of history, but i feel like sprint gets a bad rep for things in the past. this company has done a lot to improve itself and those things deserve to be weighed upon. many sprint users probably feel that way if you ask them. you mostly hear about the negatives, never the positives.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thats exactly it though, I'm not getting ripped off. Yes, I'm paying more, but I'm also getting better 3g coverage and the phone I wanted that isnt available with any other carrier. I would be willing to pay more than I'm paying now to a different provider if that provider offered even more complete 3g coverage and a phone that I wanted. We just have different priorities. When we go to the lake, my buddies with Sprint and AT&T dont have 3g, but I do.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 01-06-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thats exactly it though, I'm not getting ripped off. Yes, I'm paying more, but I'm also getting better 3g coverage and the phone I wanted that isnt available with any other carrier. I would be willing to pay more than I'm paying now to a different provider if that provider offered even more complete 3g coverage and a phone that I wanted. We just have different priorities.
Yeah, it really comes down to priorities. From my perspective,
It's hard to say what's considered better 3G coverage. about a year ago, Gizmodo did a Coast to Coast 3G test, and Sprint came out on top in the most cities, and at least was very close to the other leaders in the cities it lost concerning 3G. This past summer, PCWorld/PCMag (can't remember which one off the top of my head) did an independent test across the US and Sprint was marked as most reliable. When you compare 3G map area, I'd say sprint's network coverage in areas worth comparing are almost on par with Verizon. Seriously who really needs 3G out in the middle of a nevada desert (for example), in most scenarios. Yet just because Verizon's 3G map has a little bit more 3G coverage in an area I most likely will never travel to, it's better? Or, it's better in certain cities vs other cities?

Given these things, in my opinion, I would be getting ripped off paying more for what I would say is comparable service when I can get it a lot cheaper. You're right about the phone, I may not have the phone selection I want at the moment. But at least I'm saving my money, which is a priority to me, and I have faith that the company will sooner or later give me a phone that I want. Because sooner or later, someone is bound to offer the same services at a cost that meets my expectations and then I can get the phone I want with it. Until then I have a phone I picked that can do a lot of the same functions the new phones offer.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:44 AM
That guy with the axe

Right, it's definitely worth the price for me, I'm at the lake a lot because I'm on my Fire Dept. Scuba Rescue team and Verizon is the only carrier with 3g coverage out there. I also spend a lot of time traveling and with Verizon I usually have 3g on the road, even out in the middle of nowhere. If there was a provider that had 3g coverage EVERYWHERE in the US, I would be willing to double my plan price for that kind of coverage. I travel back and forth between Lubbock Tx and Midland Tx a lot and Sprint doesnt even have 3g in either one of those cities, much less on the highway between them.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 01-06-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

let me get some more popcorn, i love a good read! funny that stuff like this will go on for a couple more months! the only ones laughing are the cell companies!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ha ha. You are doing the same thing that cracks you up.... defending your carrier. You have it because it has the best 3G coverage for you.

Also I don't think we are necessarily defending our carriers. We are just indicating why we are using it.
You chose your carrier because of coverage, while others choose based on other reason such as price. It's all the same.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Right, it's definitely worth the price for me, I'm at the lake a lot because I'm on my Fire Dept. Scuba Rescue team and Verizon is the only carrier with 3g coverage out there. I also spend a lot of time traveling and with Verizon I usually have 3g on the road, even out in the middle of nowhere. If there was a provider that had 3g coverage EVERYWHERE in the US, I would be willing to double my plan price for that kind of coverage. I travel back and forth between Lubbock Tx and Midland Tx a lot and Sprint doesnt even have 3g in either one of those cities,
There he goes "Defending his carrier again..." LOL.

J/K. Seriously, that's totally understandable. People choose their carrier for various reasons.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives