PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

ehanhan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint to announce wimax phone jan 6th?

For some great reason Greensboro and the surrounding areas are test sites for Wimax.. We already have it so go ahead with it Sprint!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

im with ehanhan, i live in Raleigh and travel to Charlotte on the weekends and almost all of my route is covered by wimax

however its going to be a big deal breaker if they dont put out a decent phone like say an HD2 or say an android phone with a snapdragon chip

i'll be babying my TP2 till the announcement, and then putting it up on ebay and finally getting a REAL upgrade
Old 01-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedninja View Post
im with ehanhan, i live in Raleigh and travel to Charlotte on the weekends and almost all of my route is covered by wimax

however its going to be a big deal breaker if they dont put out a decent phone like say an HD2 or say an android phone with a snapdragon chip

i'll be babying my TP2 till the announcement, and then putting it up on ebay and finally getting a REAL upgrade
Yeah it's a shame that t-mobile gets this nexus and we're here stuck with the tp2...i want an android... i'm gettin bored with WM
Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Hopefully we'll here something about 6.5
Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Engadget has sprint's press conference today set for 7:30pm pacific time. Rather inconvenient for us on the east coast. I probably won't find out what's new till tomorrow morning.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
Engadget has sprint's press conference today set for 7:30pm pacific time. Rather inconvenient for us on the east coast. I probably won't find out what's new till tomorrow morning.
Thats. only 1030 eastern time, so what time do you go to bed? im assuming youre not in high school anymore, even then thats still wouldnt be too late. even if i worked at 4am, i would have to hear this. not so much as i want a wimax phone, i just really want the hd2 and im hoping this is it. if its an android or a clamshell phone, then i will be highly upset.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Thats. only 1030 eastern time, so what time do you go to bed? im assuming youre not in high school anymore, even then thats still wouldnt be too late. even if i worked at 4am, i would have to hear this.
Haha, I spent the past few days expecting to hear any sprint news today at around noon, I was just saying it was annoying that it won't be till tonight, and I will probably fall asleep and not end up checking till morning.

Anyhow... I'm really hoping there are more than just LG phones represented tonight. Also, what do you guys think are the chances these phones will be available right away? Will we have to wait till 4 months from now for whatever they show off tonight?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-104...html?tag=mncol

Sprint started today off by announcing that the Moment will get a broadcast TV chip set in the future enabling it to get broadcast TV signals for free with no additional cost on your plan.

Could be perceived as a couple things...one, they are in fact focusing on next generation high speed data and pitching as much technology as possible, warming us up for a bigger sort of network announcement later....or they're doing what they always do and focusing on only somewhat useful technology, the likes of which most people will never use. If their "big announcement" is going to be about enhancing multimedia features on their already existing network, them I'm buying the Nexus One TOMORROW.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

It would make sense for an LG phone to have a television chip as LG is pushing its ATSC M/H standard. This would probably only receive video from broadcast stations sending this specific stream for mobile use which I don't think is widely used yet.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

My guess is Sprint's big announcement has something to do with LG stating their phones will be shipping with winmoblie 7. http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/..._campaign=feed

This has little bearing on what I am interested in...A decent android phone. I think I would crap myself if they announced The Htc Bravo on Sprint. We can only wait and see.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives