PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: Sprint to announce wimax phone jan 6th?

I just talked to an online rep and was asking them about the ls680 and the person i talked to played dumb and acted like they didn't know what i was talking about but that they would check into it. later, I thanked them for their time and they said again that they would look in to this new lg phone but that it sounded like it would be windows mobile. strange being that the screenshot shows android and in the entire conversation i didn't mention windows mobile even once.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
so i've been reading articles on the net about sprints release at ces and while sprint did tout that the jan 6th presentation would be the hot spot for the entire event they are supposed to have another thing going on tonight with brooke shields and some new phone. i'm guessing it's an android device called the prada3 but either way, photos have leaked from an actual sprint store screenshot. http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...prints-system/
what do you guys think? any chance they were just teasing us last night?
http://www.wmexperts.com/tags/brooke-shields

Maybe the sky isnt falling. I was pissed yesterday, but remembered this. Also as much as I want a new snap dragon I like not wasting money on service. While a new phone on sprint will force me to end my 30.00 sero plan I will hold out until they get one. 30.00 x 4. $120.00 a month for 4 phones with data and everything else. I have saved so much money having sprint for the past few years, they have earned some loyalty from me. I guess I respect them enough to say that. then again I am not a what have you done for me today kind of guy.

then I will switch to the 42 x 4 family plan with a 15% law enforcement discount and get great coverage, great data at a great price. $35.00 a month x 4. Sorry but Have fun paying more at tmobile or verizon. I cant afford to waste hundreds more per year and in some cases upwards of 600 a year extra per phone to have a hd2 or nexus one with worse coverage. Or in Big Reds case a hell of a lot more money.

Last edited by ahbroody; 01-07-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbroody View Post

Maybe the sky isnt falling. I was pissed yesterday, but remembered this. Also as much as I want a new snap dragon I like not wasting money on service. While a new phone on sprint will force me to end my 30.00 sero plan I will hold out until they get one.

then I will switch to the 42 x 4 family plan with a 15% discount and get great coverage, great data at a great price. Have fun paying more at tmobile or verizon. I cant afford to waste upwards of 600 a year extra per phone to have a hd2 or nexus one with worse coverage.
Did you look at the date that was posted? It was posted on Dec 23. I lot can change from then till now. I hope you're right but I can't get my hopes up anymore with sprint. Everytime I give them the benefit of the doubt they let me down.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Does anyone know when LG's press conference at CES is? Want to make sure to look out for any new updates.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahbroody is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
Did you look at the date that was posted? It was posted on Dec 23. I lot can change from then till now. I hope you're right but I can't get my hopes up anymore with sprint. Everytime I give them the benefit of the doubt they let me down.
its only been 2 weeks since that was released and it specifically states 1/7/2010 brooke shields event. So I am going to hold out hope. I really want a snap windows mobile phone. I am not a big android guy so I am going to hold out. for winmo and snap on sprint. May switch my wife over to a android but not sure.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Does anyone know when LG's press conference at CES is? Want to make sure to look out for any new updates.
it was yesterday morning

Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbroody View Post

Maybe the sky isnt falling. I was pissed yesterday, but remembered this. Also as much as I want a new snap dragon I like not wasting money on service. While a new phone on sprint will force me to end my 30.00 sero plan I will hold out until they get one. 30.00 x 4. $120.00 a month for 4 phones with data and everything else. I have saved so much money having sprint for the past few years, they have earned some loyalty from me. I guess I respect them enough to say that. then again I am not a what have you done for me today kind of guy.

then I will switch to the 42 x 4 family plan with a 15% law enforcement discount and get great coverage, great data at a great price. $35.00 a month x 4. Sorry but Have fun paying more at tmobile or verizon. I cant afford to waste hundreds more per year and in some cases upwards of 600 a year extra per phone to have a hd2 or nexus one with worse coverage. Or in Big Reds case a hell of a lot more money.
why not go with 30 x 4 plan with 15% law enforcement discount?

I have 3 SERO lines, 30 x 3 = 90 with a 20% state government discount. So effectively I'm paying a little over $75 a month. Anybody who says you can't get discount with sero, don't tell me you can't, because I get it every month.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

There's always next month for the mobile world conference which is a big cell phone event... I guess?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
7:30pm according to this website, if you're talking about the joint one with Sprint:

http://www.611connect.com/blog/merbe...dsets-ces-2010
Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahbroody is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
why not go with 30 x 4 plan with 15% law enforcement discount?

I have 3 SERO lines, 30 x 3 = 90 with a 20% state government discount. So effectively I'm paying a little over $75 a month. Anybody who says you can't get discount with sero, don't tell me you can't, because I get it every month.
I honestly was to lazy to go in. I tried it once and the rep was brain dead so I left the store and forgot. To be honest I felt kind of weird I mean 30 is an awesome deal. $25.50 is insane. Also I read some where you could not stack it and never bothered to check after that. Guess its time to go try again today. When you think there are people paying 90.00ish for similar plans.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives