PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Vogue, Diamond, Touch Pro, Hero, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

michd is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC's 2010 Lineup

Did you guys forget that microsoft is launching 2 platforms. WinMo6.5.x is going to be the low end. Low specs just like the ones listed. Small screens and crappy processors. WinMo7 is the higher end. Snapdragon processors and capacitive screens. Maybe a few w/some big ass screens =-D. The only reason why I think there's no WinMo7 phones on this leak, cause Microsoft never officially announced it or HTC never got any pre releases of WinMo7 (If they did, we would have some custom wm7 roms floating around by now). So HTC couldn't put any WinMo7 specs out yet. So don't get all bent up. We can only wait to see what hits in the 2nd half of the year when WinMo7 comes out. Remeber, this is HTC's 1st half leak only!!

Last edited by michd; 12-06-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Reason why im depressed about it is the phones released by HTC in 1H 2010 usually are the ones that end up in the US in the 2H. Unless they are keeping it super secret.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
Reason why im depressed about it is the phones released by HTC in 1H 2010 usually are the ones that end up in the US in the 2H. Unless they are keeping it super secret.
They are probably keeping them super secret, I am not worried one bit. I am actually expecting great things from htc and microsoft in 2010.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Vogue, Diamond, Touch Pro, Hero, Evo

michd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
They are probably keeping them super secret, I am not worried one bit. I am actually expecting great things from htc and microsoft in 2010.
Agreed. Plus we have the HD2 coming in a few months.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I posted this on our front page and referred to this thread for forum discussions. Feel free to comment on the article and post your opinions in there too!

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2009/12/06/htcs-2010-roadmap/
Old 12-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Im kinda ok with all the phones they have cuz that mean I can wait a little longer with my TP2 since it still new.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

And this all says T-Mobile. How many phones they release to the USA will be limited I think, or completely different. Also the TP2 isn't doing that bad with sales so we shall see.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Doesnt really matter to me... next phone I buy wont be winmo anyways.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
In your opinion and others too I am sure. You never know what will happen in the future. WM has big plans for 2010 we hear
What good are plans if no Handset maker is going to carry it?

I agree with the previous posters. Winmo is really dying. Now it won't go completely away simply because Microsoft is behind it.

But it is no secret that HTC and other handset makers really don't like WinMo anymore... It's sad because many of us have spent so much time on Winmo, but Microsoft has really has so many misteps with their Mobile OS that it might be too late to recover.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only one I would think about getting is the Bravo, but I will just stick with the TP2 untill i see what hits in the 3Q. Plus, hopefully the hd2 doesn't go to Tmobile, that's the the only carrier I wouldnt switch to. But they could have atleast come with something a bit more appealing. I am much happy with my TP2, so a good wait is not an issue. But that line-up is diappointing.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives