PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Home++ FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
i want to be able to remove the task killer button since i use "auto task killer" to turn off selected tasks when my screen goes off.
Which task killer are you using? I haven't seen that option on the ones that I've tried.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
I have this insalled and am using one of the default wallpapers. Because of the loop around in screens, the wallpapers need to stich together nice. I'm using the green and yellow one with the green android logo in it. Does anyone have a .jpg/.png of this? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'd like to change the yellow to a more pleasing blue.
Just want to make sure you know you can change your preference to NOT scroll the wallpaper as you change screens. Maybe that might not help you but it's allowed me to use wallpaper that isn't ready for multi-screen use.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

I noticed this and mentioned it to the dev via email:

When Home++ takes a screenshot, it saves it as a jpg file. I tried to open it in both Photoshop and The Gimp and neither would open it. They were giving me errors. So then I uploaded it to flickr and it took it no problem. So I figured I would right click / save as from flickr and use THAT version in Photoshop/Gimp. I saved it and it saved as a png! So then I had an idea. I took the original screenshot (jpg) and changed the extension to png and Photoshop/Gimp open it up with no issues whatsoever.

So the bottom line is: Home++ saves png screenshots as .jpg files.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh and in addition to being able to remove the task killer icon, I wish you could remove the Notifications icon also. Since I am in the "limbo" situation, I sometimes prefer to have the Notifications bar at the top which makes the icon useless to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardobus View Post
I noticed this and mentioned it to the dev via email:

When Home++ takes a screenshot, it saves it as a jpg file. I tried to open it in both Photoshop and The Gimp and neither would open it. They were giving me errors. So then I uploaded it to flickr and it took it no problem. So I figured I would right click / save as from flickr and use THAT version in Photoshop/Gimp. I saved it and it saved as a png! So then I had an idea. I took the original screenshot (jpg) and changed the extension to png and Photoshop/Gimp open it up with no issues whatsoever.

So the bottom line is: Home++ saves png screenshots as .jpg files.
i noticed that about the screenshots too. and renaming to png does fix all the errors in compatibility. hopefully next update just saves em as png period.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Just gonna throw this out there:

Does anybody else get the feeling that battery life is less with Home++ active?

I had first installed it 2-3 weeks or so ago and got that feeling back then. It wasn't doing much for me so I uninstalled and seemed content with the battery life again. So recently I've been seeing all the activity the dev has done since my first trial, many happy customers such as y'all, so I tought I'd try it again. I like the functionality for sure but I'm getting that feeling again that my battery is dropping too fast.

I realize it may be due the fact that I'm playing with my Droid more as I customize the screens and such but I can't shake the feeling. If I'm the only one then I can accept it as "just me".
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It has seemed like I've had less battery life lately. I'll have to keep tabs on it to be sure though because I checked it last night before I plugged it in and it still showed 60% left after 10.5 since the last plug in, which is pretty good. I didnt really throw any heavy usage at it yesterday either though.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-16-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The battery usage screen actually lists Home++ but as of now its only at 2%. Display is up at 43% and Phone idle is 15% and cell standby is 13%. Those are my highest. I don't think Home++ could do that much damage at 2% but who knows.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:43 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardobus View Post
The battery usage screen actually lists Home++ but as of now its only at 2%. Display is up at 43% and Phone idle is 15% and cell standby is 13%. Those are my highest. I don't think Home++ could do that much damage at 2% but who knows.
+1, mine is at 2% as well.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

my battery is always seeming to be good and i have my stuff re-sync and re-update as fast as possible. -shrugs-

i think some more things would be nice is being able to remove the application button. giving the use of app organizer don't really need the button on the strip. and having the "Fave contacts" also be able to just open the actual contacts page even tho its like 3 tabs away from favorites.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid