PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM
Carrier: Verizon

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home++ FTW

If you are all looking for a great Home app, look no further. Home++ is a free app and it works great. The Developer has fixed previous bugs and is extremely responsive to bugs if you notify him. I haven't had to notify him for any. I have tried nearly all of them except for the paid apps cuz I am cheap. This has not given me any problems and I have the 4 pages filled up. Also, if you want the cool weather widget, use Beautiful Widgets, it was a paid app, but for 1.43, it was well worth it. Let me know what you guys think?
EDIT:12/6
New update is available. You can now add up to 7 screens. Also you can semi customize the toolbar at the bottom. It supposedly fixed some bugs that we had causing F/C as well. This developer is awesome and listens to our needs.

Last edited by KaliKilla; 12-07-2009 at 02:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Home++ FTW

Thanks for the input, I hadnt really heard much about that one

Edit: I've been trying this home replacement for the last 30 minutes or so, and I gotta say, it's by far my favorite of all the Home replacement apps AND IT"S FREE. For those of you that have been wanting a static wallpaper image that doesnt slide with the icons, its in this home replacement . It also doesnt seem laggy like the other home replacements, and instead of hitting a wall at the end of the pages, it just loops back around.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-30-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid, HTC Imagio

GRTK_Brandon is just getting started

I've been using this Home app for the past few days. I purchased and used GDE for about a week, but the app is too unstable for the Droid. Constant force closes. I have yet to run into any problems with Home++. I sit at a steady 81m ram while this is running with a handful of widgets.

It hides the notification bar at the top and gives you a sliding panel of icons at the very bottom of your screen. The icons themselves give the phone a nice look and are relatively small. When the icons are scrolled to the left you have Phone, Search, Menu, Favorites (browser faves), the app's own task manager, and your notifications. When you slide it to the right you get wi-fi, volume, battery, and signal along with the time and date. If you long press your notification button at the bottom it brings your notification bar at the top, and hides it again when you long press it from here.

This Home app also offers support for potential animated widgets. It comes with an analog clock, a flipping digital clock, and a flipping date widget. The flipping widgets are definitely inspired from HTC Sense's clock widget, but are more basic, smaller and have minor aesthetic changes. Weather is not included in the clock widget either.

The Home has 4 screens as mentioned previously in the thread, however you'll need to reconfigure your wallpapers to accommodate the 4th screen. The wallpapers I have to fit the Droid's default Home background resolution is not wide enough. I can see where each of the picture's sides meet in the middle of the 4th screen.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

dearls1 is a n00b

I too have been using home++ for couple days now and am liking it alot
I like the smoothness as well as hiding the top notify tray. Just need to find nice
program to show better email/text notify widget or something with stock icons seems just to be the light flashing and thats it, need the icons to show number of texts/emails be perfect. tried ex assistant but didnt like the look on screen.
But yeah home++ is nice looking and so far a keeper to me
Old 12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

I tried this today for awhile and liked it. I have not yet had any of the bugginess that I have had with GDE.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

jbag is just getting started

giving it a go, will report what i find
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid

jc1409 is a n00b

This is very nice -- seems to be developer updates on regular basis to address problems. Every once in awhile I'll experience some lag when going to Home, but can't tell if it is from home++ or other app. I've been using this for a few days now -- works well for me with beautiful widget clock/weather.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

For some reason I get lots of force closes with this one (almost everytime I go back home from an app). This sucks because Home++ is my favorite home replacement so far and I've tried almost all of them (dxTop, PandaHome, OpenHome, GDE). Even with the ForceCloses, I'm still using it. If none of you have them then maybe its another app I have causing the problems...
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had a handful of FC's in the 3 days I've had it on mine, but definitely not enough to make it a problem. I hope the developer stays with it on this one, I really like it. We need some dev's making themes too[-o<
Old 12-03-2009, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

Yeah I hope it gets themes eventually.

I removed panda, thinking maybe it was conflicting but that didn't do much, I still get FCs quite often. Maybe it has something to do with one of the widgets I have setup. The only ones I have are Moto Torch and "Digital Clock Widget"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid