PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid, HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

GRTK_Brandon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to Droid, coming from WM.

Edit: Oops, must have posted this right after you posted. Glad you got it working, and no problem.

Yeah, things on Android are a bit different than Windows, but I definitely think Android is awesome!

Last edited by GRTK_Brandon; 11-25-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome to the Android invasion . Glad to see your issues have been resolved already. BTW, if you go ahead and set up the folders in your sd card like GTRK_Brandon suggested for option 2, it will save you some grief in the future and make things easier for you. I have a "media" folder, then within that I have "video" "audio" and "pics" folders. you can divide it further in each of those like having a "movies" and "clips" folder in video, having the "notifications" "alerts" "ringtones" and "music" in the audio and so on. Thats what seems to work really well for me so far. Dont hesitate to ask questions, there are many of us that have already been digging really deep into the Droids capabilities

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

i am a convinced convert as well. I had the VZW version of the Sprint Titan for 2 years.. I loved absolutley everything i could accomplish with WinMo.
as i sit here and type this, 2 full weeks into the Droid, i can now officially tell you i can do everything on this bad boy, that i did on the Titan.

Remote Desktop, FTP, tether, shazam, LED Flashlight, MS Office doc viewer/editor, you name it.
I am a believer and love the fact there is an open market for development (not that WinMo wasn't, but the Android Market is especially handy and fun to browse through)

I even learned today there is an app that will allow you to turn your camera button into a program launcher for any other app you want.. with the titan, there were several hard buttons, that i had customized to different things.
thats the only thing i miss on the Droid... that, and there is no hard END CALL button...

still, glad i made the move.. am looking into Rooting soon, and can't wait to see some custom rom efforts.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
I even learned today there is an app that will allow you to turn your camera button into a program launcher for any other app you want.. with the titan, there were several hard buttons, that i had customized to different things.
thats the only thing i miss on the Droid... that, and there is no hard END CALL button...
Really? What?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 11-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Yeah, the only hardware buttons on the Droid are the volume rocker, power, and camera. if you want to END a call, you have to do it via the software - on screen.
Very annyoing, especially it you butt-dial by accident.
then you have to open up the phone (again, by using a soft button, and then click 'end').

I have read many posts where people's proximity sensor doesn't seem to work correctly. the droid will actually go blank while the phone is against your ear..
so when you take the phone down, to end a call, or input some digits to check your voicemail, or whatever, it is supposed to automaticaly come back on you you can control your screen.

so if it's really dark outside or you are in a tunnel or something, and you take the phone down and try to end the call, you have to hope the phone pad will 'wake-up' so you can end the call.. if not , there is no way to hang up !!!

annoying.. believe it or not, i spent way too much time deciding between the Droid and the Eris.. because of this very feature.. the Eris has hard phone buttons. the droid does not.....
Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No, I meant what program to change the camera button?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

oh. DUH. sorry... it's called 'Button Shortcut'...... and it's free
Old 11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
oh. DUH. sorry... it's called 'Button Shortcut'...... and it's free
Thank you.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue & apache

mr4r4n is becoming a great contributor

i think the change is fun, i went from the apache(xv6700) and vogue(xv6900) after playing with the imagio & pro2 i wasa disapointed in the direction that wm is taking, the change to android is a different one, the first payed app i supported was doc to go, however i am still looking for some things to help the transition like music with a eq and a good video player? any other wm peeps that has joined the droid movement done anything or got anything that has helped your transition? if so please elaborate
Old 11-26-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

Don't forget Google voice. I just finished setting up personalized greetings for a few people on my list. It makes the android OS!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid