PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: alltel

braymeck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are your top 5 apps?

http://androidanarchy.com/freeapps.html

All the apps listed here are great^
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Now that 'Pure Grid Calendar' works with Exchange Active Sync, I absolutely love it.

Up until the recent patch it wasn't compatible with the calendar I keep all my appointments on, so now that it's compatible I really like this widget. It has 3 calendar widgets: 4x2, 4x3, 4x4. Very nice and skinnable. A very polished calendar and fairly priced to boot. Currently there's an HTC Sense skin for it, but I don't think it will be available much longer.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:44 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

deleted

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-24-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would have to say:

1) ChompSMS - Beautiful app with popup notification, also allows the ability to respond to the message right from within the popup. As of the update a few days ago, also integrates MMS

2) CalWidget - Really nice calendar widget that lets you pick you size and really customize the look of the widget itself. Love the fact that you can remove the sizes you don't use from the widget menu

3) ShapeWriter keyboard -Works just like swype for the onscreen keyboard. You can really fly entering text with it.

4) Dolphin Web Browser - Already mentioned numerous times, quick, speedy, multi-touch capable

5) BlueRSS - Really nice RSS reader with a nice 4x1 widget bar. Looks classy and plenty functional, what more can you ask?
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

These will change as my preference moves with my activities. For this week it looks like:

1. Dolphin Browser - yup, this one is a keeper
2. Barcode Scanner - it's Christmas time, 'nuff said
3. Apps Organizer - everything on primary home page is under this
4. Voice recorder - just started using this to keep notes while driving
5. Documents to Go - I want something different but needed something quick for my work
Old 12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mshefke is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Fxcamera is awesome. Just downloaded it today. Other than that, dolphin browser, frozen bubble (addicting as hell ), yelp, and the stock power widget
Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont know if Ad Free (for rooted phones only) is already in this thread or not, but if it isnt it should be. Dramatically increased the browsers speed since it doesnt have to waste time downloading advertisements and it gets rid of ads in applications like the Cadillac ad in Pandora
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

I sent this list out to a couple co-workers who were asking after they got their new Droids.

Astro File Manager - This is basically like Explorer for Android. It's a File Manager, use it, love it.

Mobile Defense (BETA) - A must have app. It is a hidden app that lets you remotely trigger an alarm, see where your phone is through GPS, wipe the device remotely. Basically a great tool if your phone is lost or stolen.

Google Voice Amazing on this device. Seamless integration.

More Icons Widget - Free version lets you fit 3 shortcuts and the settings buttion in a 1x1 spot. The paid app lets you put 4 apps in a 1x1 spot. Basically a space saver.

iMusic - Lets you download free music based on music charts and website recommendations.

Apps Organizer - Lets you organize all your apps into categories then set shortcuts with custom icons to those app lists. (Games, Google Apps, etc.)

Dophin Browser - A must have for droid, it's a tab browser with pinch zoom. Lets you download youtube vids… pretty slick.

TV.com - Television shows streamed through 3G or Wifi to the droid. It is what it is.

Barcode Scanner - Scans barcodes, also scans the square barcodes you're likely to start seeing.

Bettercut - paid app that lets you Change the names and icons of shortcuts as well as create shortcuts to system processes.

Google Sky Map - too cool of an app. Like Google Maps only for the sky, point your phone at the stars you want to know the name of.

Nesoid - Paid app, NES emulator that works with standard NES Roms.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Dual Mount SD Widget (Requires Root) - This widget Modifies a setting that will allow you to mount your SD card to your phone and PC/Radio/ect at the same time. *Do Not Use android auto mount option*

totally useful.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

xScope browser has replaced dolpin for me, best browser imo.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid