View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Nickles
Halfway to VIP Status

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are your top 5 apps?

1.) Astro File Manager.. essential, and the best one out there (i know, i downloaded and tried just about all of 'em!)

2.) Remote RDP - there is a free one on the market than has sounds and softkeyboard abilities disabled. purchase the key for full featured, however the free one is fantastic for my needs, and i can easily remote into my home PC from the office and control it. Love this program.

3.) Apps Organizer - this lets you assign 'tags' to your installed programs, and then group them in 'folders' on your home screen. Folders like Multimedia, Tools, Internet, etc.. (you can also create your own names). you open these 'folders' then all the Apps on your phone that you assign the cooresponding tag to, will appear. The Icons on Apps Organizer are very nice and clean. I'm a menu guy, and this thing is great.

4.) PDANet. Yep the free version (can you tell i don't like to pay for apps?). Tether through BT DUN and USB.. sweet.

5.) Bluetooth File transfer (from Medieval Software). This is a GREAT BT push app, that effortlessly allows me to FTP files back and forth to and from my droid and desktop via BT

6.) AndFTP. Nice full featured FTP app. I can connect to both of my personal FTP servers from anywhere, and transfer files.

7.) BeamReader - until i break down and buy Documents to Go, this is the best Free app for Reading Adobe PDF files. It does it flawlessly.

8.) GPSTest - from the same great folks at Chartcross who gave us the same program for us WinMo users as a primer app. This looks great on the Droid, and has all of the same features PLUS some. Compass, Speedometer, etc...

9.) Dockrunner - allows the Droid to go into Multimedia Mode, without the use of any dock

10.) i Music - haven't NOT found a single MP3 file i searched for yet. Saves them to iMusic folder on your SD card.

11.) MotoTorch LED - widget that turns on your Camera LED's for use as a flashlight. Awesome, and free.

I can go on, but who's counting ?
This post has been thanked 2 times.