PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.1 Screenshots

Heres Some Screenshots Of Newest Rom Of 2.1 On My Device.

My HomeScreen with working Geolocation on Beautiful Widgets and New home Launcher And Side Buttons To Show Which Screen Your On.

The New "Waterfall/3D" Start Menu Which I Absolutely Love!

Proof. I am On 2.1 And Not A Home Replacement Or Fakes.

New Gallery Preview Of Folders Within The Gallery

Gallery Preview Of Pictures Within The Folder.

Calls and Texts/Notifications Work for Me. Only Thing Seems To Be Bugged Is KB backlight but i rarely ever seen mine come on as it was. Also has same lockscreen as 2.0.1

edit::
Things I've Noticed That Are Different.
*Default Messaging Now Has Voice Input Mic In OnScreen Keyboard

Last edited by z0mbiexx; 12-28-2009 at 12:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 2.1 Screenshots

2.1 is nice isn't it?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

besides the "Landscape" bug im really digging it. kind of miss home++ but i like the new start menu to much to not use it.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
besides the "Landscape" bug im really digging it. kind of miss home++ but i like the new start menu to much to not use it.
Not working? I haven't tried it yet myself.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

I have android envy.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
Not working? I haven't tried it yet myself.
No just uses the old app drawer/start menu and I like newer one.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

jbag is just getting started

what ROM is this and did you go back to the original droid version to root it?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First off, thanks for posting up the screen shots . Now for the questions
Do they have the GPS working in this version of 2.1 now, or is it still just the AGPS? Have you tried the google nav since installing 2.1? I'm guessing that Home++ isnt compatible with 2.1? (which makes sense because very few are running 2.1 yet) Have you noticed any apps not working with this version of 2.1? Is the speed faster overall like some early reports have stated? Camera improvements? What about the issue people were having with browser lag, is that still present in 2.1?

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbag View Post
what ROM is this and did you go back to the original droid version to root it?
i rooted my droid on 2.0.1 and made a nandroid backup and then today i decided to flash the new 2.1 rom when i seen they fixed GPS etc.... the rom link is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
First off, thanks for posting up the screen shots . Now for the questions
Do they have the GPS working in this version of 2.1 now, or is it still just the AGPS? Have you tried the google nav since installing 2.1? I'm guessing that Home++ isnt compatible with 2.1? (which makes sense because very few are running 2.1 yet) Have you noticed any apps not working with this version of 2.1? Is the speed faster overall like some early reports have stated? Camera improvements? What about the issue people were having with browser lag, is that still present in 2.1?
i rarely use my GPS other then beautiful widgets but that works within seconds of me adding it..

Home++ and Launcher++ work but they don't use the new waterfall type of start menu its just the same as using 2.0.1 but on a 2.1 rom.

i haven't really noticed any speed increases or lag with anything although the start menu and everything does load quite quickly and nice so its definatly a nice rom.

haven't tried my camera either...

as for app conflicts bettercut can't "Edit" shortcuts like market, messaging etc because they don't exist so what i did was just make some from the activity tab and it all works as normal.

Last edited by z0mbiexx; 12-28-2009 at 03:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the answers, I'm almost tempted to root now

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
amdroid 2.1, droid, screenshots