PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

_xv6800 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: google voice - who's got it and what do you think so far?

okay. dokey ... back to the topic at hand...

so no it isn't doing VOIP. If you read the doc above you can find out how to set up your droid to do VOIP although it is more involved than just downloading the voice app...

so the main thing for me at least is that it does give you free SMS capabilities
Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That still doesnt explain why I had better signal and clearer louder voice calls through Google Voice, maybe it was just in my head, but I called the same person 2 or three times switching back and forth between Gvoice and Verizon just to evaluate what I percieved to be a quality difference and the person on the other end said it sounded more clear to him as well :S. Just coincidence perhaps.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

i must be out the loop i still don't have a GVoice account :/
Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO(no 4g)
Carrier: The big red machine

goonygugle is just getting started

sorry about the earlier post, i was editing my post and kept getting phone calls so i just smacked a few buttons and hit sumbit. as long as you add your google voice number to your friends and family list you wont be charged for the phone calls. And as for using it with sms, it sucks because the messeges are not pushed but checked every 5 minutes and not to mention no mms. google voice has lots of potential but i have no real use for it yet.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i guessing im missing something info...........so i'll ask

is it free?

how does it work with using your own number? i wanna keep my Verizon number. i just basically want to use it since it has Visual Voice Mail.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg83 View Post
i guessing im missing something info...........so i'll ask

is it free?

how does it work with using your own number? i wanna keep my Verizon number. i just basically want to use it since it has Visual Voice Mail.
i set mine up with my own number but i don't have friends and family in my plan anymore since they switched me from alltel.. and its another $10/month to add it so i just deactivated the whole voicemail from google but it does allow it.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow! I never thought of it that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonygugle View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Bahjsjsjakaj
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Lol, no problem. It actually gave me a much needed laugh this morning. I use it just for voice mail right now. I was using YouMail before and honestly I think I liked it better. I switched once I got my invite and because it had free transcription. So far I'm not impressed with the transcription. I think in time it should get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonygugle View Post
sorry about the earlier post, i was editing my post and kept getting phone calls so i just smacked a few buttons and hit sumbit. as long as you add your google voice number to your friends and family list you wont be charged for the phone calls. And as for using it with sms, it sucks because the messeges are not pushed but checked every 5 minutes and not to mention no mms. google voice has lots of potential but i have no real use for it yet.

Last edited by arelas; 12-17-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
...So far I'm not impressed with the transcription. I think in time it should get better.
I actually get a good chuckle from some of the transcriptions of voicemails! Some range from humorous to totally unintelligible depending on the caller, length and message. I can usually get the gist but often have to listen and say "oh that's what they said!". Still it's nice to have the option to read OR listen.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: drod x
Carrier: verizon

jone216 is keeping up the good workjone216 is keeping up the good work

i have one google voice invite first person pm me with there email address get it
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid