PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TF3D HD port 2/18/09 update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836)

fat boy 01-12-2009 09:17 AM

TF3D HD port 2/18/09 update

2 Attachment(s)
To get the absolute best off your touch pro I recommed the energy rom......it is what I had always been looking for out of this thread, just unbelievable!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69545

XBOXmod/
Here is the developement of HD for the Sprint Touch Pro stock rom which includes the upgraded Weather and People Tabs, and the additonal Stock, Calendar, Sound, Comm Manager, and Call History Tabs for a total of 15 tabs. The FootPrints Tab is on the way. It also includes Tab editor, extended multi-appointment and other special functions that came with HD.

Updated feedback:
-My review and information is for the Sprint Touch Pro stock rom. This does run on some custom roms.
-IMO this is a great noob install, easy, picks up a lot of features and speed, there are numerous easy themes to install, and you don't have to flash or unlock your phone.
-the full HD port of TF3D is a LOT faster and smoother.
-the background4all tabs is pre-installed. there are a couple themes where background4all.cab will not work because of the old style clock.
-most, not all, of the customize cab and edits that worked for the stock TF3D also work for HD TF3D.
-Do NOT use the cab that installs all the US cities into the weather database, this will screw up your tab layout. Instead use the WeatherDatabaseEditor1.1.cab where you have to manually put each city in, then it will work fine. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...eatherdatabase
-In order to avoid a midnight shut down of TF3D uncheck today time out under settings.
-Basically if you want to uninstall you will need to hard reset and start over
-Again make sure you backup your stuff, especially if you're a noob, and be prepared to maybe have to hard reset. NO stupid comments about loosing information.
-I have posted STOCK themes for your pleasure, starting in post #696 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...902#post708902 and here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...610#post727610
-Here is the post with screen shot and links for the updated COLOR task bar icons http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...592#post680592
-Here is a link for some custom icon colors starting on post #999 i.e. neon, red, grey, blue etc. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...199#post758199
-In order to fix the weather tab use this link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57519 this makes all the graphics look and work perfectly i.e. the wiper during the rain.
-Here is a link for actions screens that will match your theme. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...595#post727595
-To change your text message font size on the fly see cab in post #258 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...231#post674231
-For those using different languages than english you need to install a language fix for the weather tab, it can be found here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57519
-Landscape is available in the new Touch Pro 2 port.
-Please try to read and search the thread before asking questions that have been answered. If you have a question or problem please try to be complete in what you are facing, list: Rom, phone, other installed software etc. Usually the problem is in the details so the quicker you list them the quicker it will get resolved. Use screen shots where appropriate.

HOW to install:
-Hard reset to stock rom strongly recommended!
-Turn off TF3D
-Install net cf 3.5
-Go to start/settings/system/power/advanced/ and uncheck all boxes. Go back later after full install and reset to what you want
-install XBmod HD MANILA V1.8.5 CFC.cab into device
-about a 10 minute install http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
-it will ask you to restart now, yes restart, wait be patient-its loading a lot more. You will see keyboard a couple of times and see a "Unable to Load" screen.....just wait and don't panic. This is NOT an "issue" or a "bug" it is what has to be done in order to use HD that was designed for a phone without a keyboard to be used on a phone with a keyboard.
-delete the My device/Application Data/HTC/databases/forecast_cache.db file BEFORE you use the weather tab.
-Go to the settings tab and click on "Customize Tabs" and you can turn on or off the tabs as you like and rearrange them.
-At this point your new TF3D HD should work perfect and before you load programs or customize go get familar with it, then you can begin to customize. Be aware that some customizations just are not compatible, in particular other 3rd party landscapes will SCREW this up!
-You will notice in task manager that you have an icon that is called "Start", this is Manila HD, if you close it you will close TF3D. I recommend going to start/settings/system/task manager and highlight and hold on "Start" and choose exclusive. This will remove it from the list and stop you from accidently closing it.
-You can now go back and correct your power settings to what you desire.
-Landscape is still usable but not as functional, particularly you can't move around in it. If you wish, you can now load the alpha landscape, I currently do not use it and would not recommend it. Make sure to turn off TF3D and then install.

Change log:
2/18/2009 - the Touch Pro 2 port is out but needs a lot of work here is the links. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58249 or at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493531

2/17/09 - 7 stock and 2 custom themes have been uploaded to be used on any phone using XBOXmod HD port

1.8.5 compressed
-2 appointment on home page 5 on scroll
-Weather tab pictures resized (thx Xefiant)
-call history tab fix
-comm manager tab fixed (real tab now, not linked to settings tab) thx NisseDILLIGAF
-audio tab (not linked to settings tab)
-rearrange tab show all tabs

How to install
-Disable TF3D today plugin
-Install attached 1.8.5 cab

1.8.1:
-Combined all current cab fixes and upgrades to one cab

1.8:
-Fixed stock tab thumbnail
-music tab list
-program tab list
New loader:
-new autoloader fix clock freeze
-install XBMOD autoloader.cab then reboot
-touch today screen & wait manila boot
(if it won't work this is related to netcf try to reinstall net framework 3.5 from here or remove netcf 2.00 )
if always won't work reinstall loader 0.4

-Fixed Clock Freeze for some roms, not Sprint stock rom

henbone11 01-12-2009 09:20 AM

Re: New TF3D HD port.

I just saw his post a little while ago. Looks good.

Baffles 01-12-2009 09:29 AM

Has anyone tried this out? Does it work as well as our stock from Sprint, or are there random bugs?

nico4k 01-12-2009 10:30 AM

I always liked the HD TouchFlo Better..so much nicer...

jmorton10 01-12-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico4k (Post 634585)
I always liked the HD TouchFlo Better..so much nicer...

Nicer in what way??

~John

cornelious2 01-12-2009 10:45 AM

installing it when it finnishes ill post results.

cornelious2 01-12-2009 10:49 AM

holy hell this thing is fast is this using tf2d as a base or something? the weather is stretched wierd btw.

fat boy 01-12-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 634527)
Has anyone tried this out? Does it work as well as our stock from Sprint, or are there random bugs?

I will be testing it on a Sprint Touch Pro stock rom and will give some feed back.

Edit: I will update the first post with feedback.

cornelious2 01-12-2009 10:54 AM

oh im using Y4J 4.0 currently btw If you don't mind having fat weather icons this is on seriously fast version of manilla.

chronster 01-12-2009 10:56 AM

I really like the ability to add and remove tabs without "hacking" the manila files. The Weather tab looks funky now tough. He should squeeze the width to even out the squeezed height.

Nice find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 634603)
holy hell this thing is fast is this using tf2d as a base or something? the weather is stretched wierd btw.

Faster than stock theme? What sort of differences do you see?

cornelious2 01-12-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 634615)
Faster than stock theme? What sort of differences do you see?

weather updates damn near instantly, no lag between tabs (except music but I have TONS of music on my sd card) just an overall snappiness. love the stock tab. background automatically is for all pages... just a well thought out port.

going to install the extra tabs in a bit.

chronster 01-12-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 634620)
weather updates damn near instantly, no lag between tabs (except music but I have TONS of music on my sd card) just an overall snappiness. love the stock tab. background automatically is for all pages... just a well thought out port.

going to install the extra tabs in a bit.

You say you get lag with the music on your sd card? Have you tried that SD card speedup cab?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48801

LilRico 01-12-2009 11:13 AM

I have been following the HD Manila port for months now, and it has always been quicker than the standard TF3D we've been used to. Back when I started testing it, it couldn't self load and the resolution was all messed up, but now we have the version xboxmod has finished. It has taken him a while to do, but the results are very promising. I already see this being in every ROM now. I have personally always wanted the stocks tab. Plus the extra tweaks xboxmod has added makes it even better then what HTC and TF3D was originally.

cornelious2 01-12-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 634631)
You say you get lag with the music on your sd card? Have you tried that SD card speedup cab?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48801

my music is fine, its just when it loads the names of all the files for the music tab it stutters for half a second. might have been an initial cache thing now even the music tab is fast.

chronster 01-12-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 634642)
my music is fine, its just when it loads the names of all the files for the music tab it stutters for half a second.

That sounds like my music tab prior to that cab i linked you to. I mean, after I installed it, its as if the music was preloaded and when I browse the artists and songs and all that stuff, it just shows up instantly.

cornelious2 01-12-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 634649)
That sounds like my music tab prior to that cab i linked you to. I mean, after I installed it, its as if the music was preloaded and when I browse the artists and songs and all that stuff, it just shows up instantly.

tried it, noticed no change. YFJ might have already included that in his rom.

darren.wlsn1 01-12-2009 12:02 PM

fatboy, nice find and thanx for testing for us. whats the uninstall process? just simple remove from programs?

shaun0207 01-12-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 634711)
fatboy, nice find and thanx for testing for us. whats the uninstall process? just simple remove from programs?

I wanna know this too.

Also, does this version of TF3D included the animations that wre removed fromt he stock Sprint version?

cornelious2 01-12-2009 12:14 PM

to uninstall just disable tf3d. uninstall programs, softreset and re-enable.

bboyneko 01-12-2009 12:18 PM

1) does it have the cool 3d transitions older TF3D had between tabs that HTC disabled recently? Because I re-enabled it and LOVE it. Would not want to lose that

2) Is there a way to fix the weather? Stretched out looks bad :(

cornelious2 01-12-2009 12:18 PM

Its funny I just switched to spb mobile shell yesterday and now this is running so smooth I am back on tf3d.

bboyneko 01-12-2009 12:29 PM

if anyone can post some video of this in action it would be appreciated

cornelious2 01-12-2009 12:33 PM

I'm at work, but if no one has posted any video I will try to get something up by around 8pm cst.

shaun0207 01-12-2009 12:44 PM

can some someone post the files in a Zip file for me? (Stupid job blocks cab file downloads)

topdawgn8 01-12-2009 12:50 PM

I'm having problems with this. I followed the instructions to install.

-Disabled TF3D
-Installed Manila Cab
-Restarted
-Installed Fix v2

And I keep getting this error when I launch the program from the programs menu:

"An unexpected error occured in StartManila.exe.
Select quit, blah blah blah..."

I'm running a stock sprint rom (the shipped version converted to 24MB pagepool)...any advice?

cornelious2 01-12-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 634794)
can some someone post the files in a Zip file for me? (Stupid job blocks cab file downloads)

in the xda link its already in rar format besides just download it with your phone.

cornelious2 01-12-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdawgn8 (Post 634805)

-Disabled TF3D
-Installed Manila Cab
-Restarted
-Installed Fix v2

Any Advice?

I never installed any fix just the cab file.

fat boy 01-12-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 634711)

Good question. I have turned off TF3D and then did an uninstall through settings. Unfortunately for me I can't get TF3D working at all yet with either the new or old version but I am working with the author and hopefully will have a solution or understanding why its not working on mine.

cornelious2 could you shed some light on why you think yours is working, are you on a stock rom?
Quote:

to uninstall just disable tf3d. uninstall programs, softreset and re-enable.

fat boy 01-12-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdawgn8 (Post 634805)

-Disabled TF3D
-Installed Manila Cab
-Restarted
-Installed Fix v2

I'm running a stock sprint rom (the shipped version converted to 24MB pagepool)...any advice?

I have the same error and tried the optional loader without any luck.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...creen01-10.jpg

cornelious2 01-12-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 634822)

cornelious2 could you shed some light on why you think yours is working, are you on a stock rom?

I am using YaY for juggs 4.0 I think he might have used the gsm version of manila since it came with a flip clock and the htc default background.

fat boy 01-12-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 634835)
I am using YaY for juggs 4.0 I think he might have used the gsm version of manila since it came with a flip clock and the htc default background.

Thats making a lot more sense,(I should've notice your post above) thanks. At this point till there is a better understand individuals with stock roms should wait.

Chef Ben 01-12-2009 01:06 PM

So I can only assume you will lose all manila customizations (sliders, icons, clocks). Is it possible to reload all those things once the switch to HD Manila has been made? Can anyone confirm this? Other than the speed HD doesn't seem to have much of an advantage over the regular TF3D.

I am using a Diamond with stock Sprint ROM but modded to hell and back.

Young_breedent 01-12-2009 01:08 PM

I have this installed on mighty's latest touch pro rom. I have to say that it is definitely a good idea but i would have to say i don't like it very much. It is obvious that most of this stuff was resized to fit our screens which gives it a cheap look. Also there are alot of bugs in this as well. TF3D just keeps closing. It is definitely smoother and much faster though. Just my 2 cents. I am going to stick with the TF3D i previously had until they fix the bugs and make this look a little more attractive.

afanaras 01-12-2009 01:28 PM

I just installed it on my HTC PRO (Sprint), running Juggalo TP ROM v0.06.03B and it seems to work fine. So far I like it but I wish there was a landscape option;

jmorton10 01-12-2009 01:44 PM

I don't quite get the attraction of this. The stock tab is kinda cool although there are way better options for stock tracking. Other than that, it is pretty generic black/white theme & a weather tab that doesn't look right at all. The other tabs can all be added to any theme, same with the customizations etc etc

The slider/icons etc are the same old black generic ones we all couldn't wait to change, the wallpaper is just a black screen, no landscape option etc etc etc

What am I missing?? Why would I want to switch to this?? I'm not trying to be a wise-***, I'm genuinely curious??

~John

fat boy 01-12-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 634950)
I don't quite get the attraction of this. The stock tab is kinda cool although there are way better options for stock tracking. Other than that, it is pretty generic black/white theme & a weather tab that doesn't look right at all. The other tabs can all be added to any theme, same with the customizations etc etc

The slider/icons etc are the same old black generic ones we all couldn't wait to change, the wallpaper is just a black screen, no landscape option etc etc etc

What am I missing?? Why would I want to switch to this?? I'm not trying to be a wise-***, I'm genuinely curious??

~John

I think that is a great question, for me I also have solutions for both the weather and stocks that are very nice and workable but I'd rather have the addition of having this in my TF3D. Also all reports say this is VERY fast, I like that. But most important for me personally is the home page multiple calendar extension, I've yet to see it so I might be disappointed but My hope is this really gives me better options for my calendar right in TF3D. Also having the additons to the contact tab and the additional tab edit tab is a nice addition.

CountryDevil 01-12-2009 02:09 PM

I can see some benefit to having this with the extra options. But I also agree that there are other options out there for the information and options being added. Wiht that said, the generic color option is not all that good.

If there were some sort of utility to create your own apps AND easily add them to a tab, I might go for this. But the customization is just not there yet.

I will wait and see what comes of this.

MadlyAlive 01-12-2009 02:19 PM

Uninstalled per the instructions, but I get XBmod HD MANILA was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?

Disabled, Soft reset, tried to uninstall, get the message.

Try to enable TF3D and it does not come up.

afanaras 01-12-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 635004)
I can see some benefit to having this with the extra options. But I also agree that there are other options out there for the information and options being added. Wiht that said, the generic color option is not all that good.

If there were some sort of utility to create your own apps AND easily add them to a tab, I might go for this. But the customization is just not there yet.

I will wait and see what comes of this.

I am very new to HTC PRO and to customizations, (I just managed to Flash a new Rom last night) and I agree with CountryDevil, I would love to have a utility that I can use to personalize my phone. I have to admit though that the TF3d HD is fast.

jmorton10 01-12-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 634973)
the home page multiple calendar extension, I've yet to see it .

I'm curious about that myself although I have an awfully nice calendar setup right now.

I use Pocket Informant (awesome app) & have it mapped to the calendar shortcut on the TF3D Home Screen.

~John