PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TF3D HD port 2/18/09 update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836)

fat boy 02-02-2009 08:51 AM

Re: TF3D HD port 2/1/09 update

Quote:

Originally Posted by detarx (Post 683807)
No matter what i do when i folow all steps i cant get the landscape to work. Please help

Read post one, its an alpha release and you probably wont be able to use.

fat boy 02-02-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixxy (Post 683882)
so i just installed the compressed cab and i must say i am COMPLETELY astounded. I've been following this project since day one, and this version is BY FAR the MOST RESPONSIVE and most bug free. The size is almost half and im extremely impressed. Everything works....so far, so no bugs to report. (except the red slider, buy thats known)

Thanks for this feedback please let us know in a couple of days what you think

fat boy 02-02-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverD16y71996 (Post 683847)
issues noticed.
1 on start up i get 2 diferent typed of keyboards
2 tf3d tell me it unable to start ft3d but then starts automatically.
3 clicking the calender tab dosent open the calender app.

1. yes that is supposed to happen
2. again read post 1 that is supposed to happen
3. that has always been the way this tab works

fat boy 02-02-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 683827)
any word on getting rid of the ids crap on the weather screen?

Yep, install exactly like post 1 on a stock rom and you will have no problems

fat boy 02-02-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 683822)
running pretty good except landscape...big note with the xboxmod i tried the personalizer again and poof I can still receive picture mail...yeaaaa.

thanks for this feedback

schettj 02-02-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 683627)
Here is the compressed version of the new release. This should not only take up less space but run smoother and faster. I have not used it but it is exactly the same as the 1.8.1 cab and the 1.8.5 cab combined and compressed. If anyone uses this please leave feedback.

Working fine here. No complicated install either - just unchecked TF3d in today, installed cab, restarted. Works. Clearly snappier then the non-compressed version. Nice!

bjeremi 02-02-2009 09:41 AM

Yeah I had to go ahead an uninstall it because of the lack of landscape. Besides that it was freaking aswsome. I loved the stock tab. I couldn't seem to get it to unistall either without the hard reset.

amart79196 02-02-2009 10:34 AM

excellent work!!

fat boy 02-02-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 683980)
Working fine here. No complicated install either - just unchecked TF3d in today, installed cab, restarted. Works. Clearly snappier then the non-compressed version. Nice!

You still had to install the additional tabs cab...right?

fat boy 02-02-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeremi (Post 683993)
Yeah I had to go ahead an uninstall it because of the lack of landscape. Besides that it was freaking aswsome. I loved the stock tab. I couldn't seem to get it to unistall either without the hard reset.

Thanks for the feedback, I think the landscape just isnt going to be a reality till HTC comes out with another version. It seems there really isn't the ability to uninstall like before.

schettj 02-02-2009 11:00 AM

So, this CFC version is mostly perfect (except for landscape, as we all know)

If you want to change the clock, get your favorite clock, CFC compress it or not, and copy it into \Windows (stop/start TF3d before/after change)

If anything you do messes up your backgrounds 4 all (ie, you get the white square in the corner on other tabs) just re-install the bg4all cab - this one works for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1223945516

So here's mine now:

http://media.shozu.com/cache/portal/...c8a82/67108893

Thanks again (here and at xda) for this!

schettj 02-02-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 684080)
You still had to install the additional tabs cab...right?

Er, no. I just installed the cfc cab file. I installed it over my existing (previous) install.

fat boy 02-02-2009 11:46 AM

Re: TF3D HD port w/landscape 1/28/09 update

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by badutahboy (Post 678820)
Here you go... I'm talking about the color of the tab on the slider bar...

Mine:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...y/Screen01.jpg

Yours:
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/Screen14.png

Here ya go, this works for me perfectly using Total Commander. Make sure you are using the "Select all" feature under "show" (because some of the files may be hidden) and make sure you are copying the manila files to the windows folder and NOT the zip file!

ZEROpcs 02-02-2009 01:16 PM

414 replies... Wow... I love this; however does anyone have this working in the Sprint stock look? With the wallpaper only on the first tab, the curtains on and the neon look?? Either the glass flip clock or the Sprint neon clock is cool...

I am curious...

henbone11 02-02-2009 03:34 PM

this is fantastic. I finally had a chance to install this and play around with it. wow I am just saddened that HTC did not include this tf3d with the TP. even the ability to go to the settings tab and manipulate tabs on the fly is great. everything works great. every tab works great. I added all possible tabs and everything works perfectly. I will be adding this to my gf's TP and telling my friends that own one to "upgrade" to your HD tf3d. I cant thank you enough. :)

DAMBRO24 02-02-2009 03:53 PM

mine is very slow i am using a custom rom is that maybe why,, is everyone here that it hasnet slowed down your phones been using the stock sprint rom with this upgrade?

fat boy 02-02-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMBRO24 (Post 684666)
mine is very slow i am using a custom rom is that maybe why,, is everyone here that it hasnet slowed down your phones been using the stock sprint rom with this upgrade?

You are probably right but it might not be your custom rom it may be other software or just the way its set up. best to start from a hard reset..............but there have been reports that it runs better on some custom roms.

schettj 02-02-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpcs (Post 684348)
414 replies... Wow... I love this; however does anyone have this working in the Sprint stock look? With the wallpaper only on the first tab, the curtains on and the neon look?? Either the glass flip clock or the Sprint neon clock is cool...

I am curious...

It should be doable. Get the sprint theme, install it, install the clock you want, install and then uninstall the bg4all cab I linked to above to "remove" bg4all... should do it.

You could use the cfc compressed version too - once its just the way you like it just copy out all the windows/*_manilla files onto your windows desktop and compress them using the cfc_gui app over at xda, then copy them back for a little speed bump/space savings.

I'm not gonna go though all that though :p

schettj 02-02-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMBRO24 (Post 684666)

I'm running stock. Did you do the registry tweaks in the http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730 Essentials sticky? That really helps TF3d performance on any rom (some custom roms may already do theses)

bjeremi 02-02-2009 06:01 PM

I loved this HD manila but why would your really want to use it without the landscape feature? Doesn't really kill it for most people? Or are you guys just doing some sort of work around. Is there a way to get the stock tab without using this?

fat boy 02-02-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeremi (Post 684950)
I loved this HD manila but why would your really want to use it without the landscape feature? Doesn't really kill it for most people? Or are you guys just doing some sort of work around. Is there a way to get the stock tab without using this?

I might be missing something because I dont use landscape much but if I want to text in landscape with the keyboard I open message in portrait then open the keyboard the the message is in landscape for me to use the keyboard and send. You basically just can't move around freely, everthing has to start from portrait, which is good by me. So you still can use landscape and keyboard.

m3evo 02-02-2009 06:15 PM

yea is there a cab to add just the stock tab to the original ?

fat boy 02-02-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3evo (Post 684986)
yea is there a cab to add just the stock tab to the original ?

I don't know how many times its been posted in this thread that NO you can't just get a single tab, HD is built different than the standard TF3D. So unless someone builds a new stock tab for the standard TF3D it can't be gotten without taking the whole package.

schettj 02-02-2009 06:20 PM

No. They are features of manillia HD, so you need to be running the HD version of the .exes/ dlls

Stocks (and better people tab) or landscape. You are the decider!

bjeremi 02-02-2009 06:30 PM

Whoops my bad fat boy. I thought I had read through most of this thread but I didn't see that. Yeah I see what your saying about starting out in Portrait. I guess I move around a little bit in landscape as well and it got a little frustrating.

fat boy 02-02-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeremi (Post 685021)
Whoops my bad fat boy. I thought I had read through most of this thread but I didn't see that. Yeah I see what your saying about starting out in Portrait. I guess I move around a little bit in landscape as well and it got a little frustrating.

Very understandable, I really wish it could be put in for those who need it, trust me I've done a LOT of testing and hard resets to see if it could get done....very frustrating. Hopefully not too long and HTC will provide what we need.

chuque 02-02-2009 07:15 PM

I think I'll be trying this out, the people tab looks like a real improvement (not a huge fan of the one I have now) as far as landscape about the only time I use the keyboard is after I have opened a txt or e-mail so I think I should be ok there.

I D/Led the ppc-kitchen and made a rom form that, any thing I should be aware of going into this ?

thanks !

henbone11 02-02-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 684974)
I might be missing something because I dont use landscape much but if I want to text in landscape with the keyboard I open message in portrait then open the keyboard the the message is in landscape for me to use the keyboard and send. You basically just can't move around freely, everthing has to start from portrait, which is good by me. So you still can use landscape and keyboard.

I dont use landscape much either, basically only when typing. I dont have much reason to slide open the keyboard unless im ready to use the keyboard. as far as your question about landscape, thats how I have been testing it and it works just fine that way. start whatever prog in portrait then slide open and keyboard works just fine.

bog3nator 02-02-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuque (Post 685135)
I think I'll be trying this out, the people tab looks like a real improvement (not a huge fan of the one I have now) as far as landscape about the only time I use the keyboard is after I have opened a txt or e-mail so I think I should be ok there.

I D/Led the ppc-kitchen and made a rom form that, any thing I should be aware of going into this ?

thanks !

yes there is, it takes about 20 min to install so just be patent and it will hang on 75%ish for alittle white so just be patent. other then that it is 1000000% faster even after i tweaked standard tflo3d. it is awsome highly recommend!

henbone11 02-02-2009 08:24 PM

I think it took me about 10 min to install, like OP said. I wonder if people are seeing big differences in install time.

bog3nator 02-02-2009 08:31 PM

for me installing the non compressed version it took about 30 min..i just did a hardreset and just finished installing the new 1.8.5 cfc version and it installed in about 7 min!

i will update in a few min on if the performance between the 2 seem different.

edit: ok i just started playing around with it and it does seem alot faster and smoother with the cfc version.

Blitzed26 02-02-2009 10:44 PM

Re: TF3D HD port w/landscape 1/28/09 update

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 684164)
Here ya go, this works for me perfectly using Total Commander. Make sure you are using the "Select all" feature under "show" (because some of the files may be hidden) and make sure you are copying the manila files to the windows folder and NOT the zip file!

You the man. It worked!

Thanks!

Blitzed26 02-02-2009 10:49 PM

It just started doing this.

WiFi just turns on all by itself after I make a call and hang up. I have to go to the comm tab to shut it off. Happens everytime now. Will do a soft reset now to see if it stops.

chakde 02-03-2009 02:17 AM

If you are only interested in the people tab only, then you could also try the HDPeopleTab.cab available at xda to acheive the same results. I am presently running it on my Telus Diamond with no problems and gives me the extra buttons below the picture of the favorites for one click access. I am running Juicy 4.4 ROM and have had no issues with it. One of these days I may be bold enough to take a leap to the entire HD Manilla, but for now I like some of the customizations that I have and the landscape that I use for my emails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuque (Post 685135)

thanks !

fat boy 02-03-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzed26 (Post 685557)
It just started doing this.

WiFi just turns on all by itself after I make a call and hang up. I have to go to the comm tab to shut it off. Happens everytime now. Will do a soft reset now to see if it stops.

This has happened to me once

fat boy 02-03-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakde (Post 685932)
If you are only interested in the people tab only, then you could also try the HDPeopleTab.cab available at xda to acheive the same results. I am presently running it on my Telus Diamond with no problems and gives me the extra buttons below the picture of the favorites for one click access. I am running Juicy 4.4 ROM and have had no issues with it. One of these days I may be bold enough to take a leap to the entire HD Manilla, but for now I like some of the customizations that I have and the landscape that I use for my emails.

This is huge, could you please provide a link. If anyone with a stock sprint rom tries this out could you please leave feedback as to how it works and I will post on the first page. This will help a lot of people. thanks for this info.

fat boy 02-03-2009 09:18 AM

Here is a link to the HDPeopleTab.cab. It is in post #12 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=474188&page=2
and for a compressed version see post #32

Heres another link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=475611

In this link they also mention a landscape and stock tab!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3239410

If anyone uses any of these on a stock touch pro rom please post back.

smotrs 02-03-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 686132)
This is huge, could you please provide a link. If anyone with a stock sprint rom tries this out could you please leave feedback as to how it works and I will post on the first page. This will help a lot of people. thanks for this info.

Doesn't work on a Stock Sprint TP, tried both CAB's.

Disabled TF3D, Installed CAB (restarts), Restarted TF3D. Switch to People Tab, Title shows up at top of screen, Menu Buttons (Btm Lt, Btm Rt) show whatever the previous Tab was. Only the normal background shows in the middle of the screen.

I posted similar on the XDA website also.

WarChild 02-03-2009 12:05 PM

any word on the IDS crap from the weather being fixed yet???

fat boy 02-03-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 686473)
any word on the IDS crap from the weather being fixed yet???

It isn't broken unless you didn't install exactly like the first post, or you're using a different rom, or you're using a different language.

If you're using a different language then yes there is help just let me know what language. All other reasons need to install as the first post.