PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Kitchen released

Just remember to make plenty of backups of your NV... I lost mine and am now in the process of waiting for a warranty to replace it.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
Just remember to make plenty of backups of your NV... I lost mine and am now in the process of waiting for a warranty to replace it.
Sorry to hear that... if there was any way I could help I would.

As far as my cooking goes, all I've done is removed the startup and shutdown animations from the rom. I keep looking at removing the crappy sms/mms program but I'm shying away from it right now... I'd like to get a little more warmed up, so thats probably gonna get pushed off til next weekend unfortunately.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

I was able to pull it by changing 4 keys in the registry of the ROM.
The simple way is to search for "Transport.exe" and replace four of the five. The one you don't want to replace is "Transportlocation" or something like that. There should be four in a cluster. Replace it with tmail.exe and you'll have standard SMS. Then bake in a standard Arcsoft client and you'll have it all gone. Delete ArcMSG.exe and it'll all go away.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
VIP n00b

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
I was able to pull it by changing 4 keys in the registry of the ROM.
The simple way is to search for "Transport.exe" and replace four of the five. The one you don't want to replace is "Transportlocation" or something like that. There should be four in a cluster. Replace it with tmail.exe and you'll have standard SMS. Then bake in a standard Arcsoft client and you'll have it all gone. Delete ArcMSG.exe and it'll all go away.
I'm gonna try to delete all files that will no longer be needed from the rom as well to save the space for the replacement Arcsoft that will get cooked in. If you have any ideas on that list of files as well it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Remove all the Verizon crapware. Visual Voice mail. Mobile Email, CityID, etc... That's alot of bloat that we don't need. Switching from Nuance to Microsoft Voice would be nice too.
Keep stuff like the LG Keyboard in as it's the only one that works with the weird keyboard layout.

EDIT:
You should also remove MyPhone as it's no longer in service.

Last edited by pizzaboy192; 10-16-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
VIP n00b

Update: I have a rom cooked with:
Removed -
- Startup/shutdown animations
- Visual Voicemail
- Mobile IM
- Mobile Email
- City ID
- Arcsoft Powermobia
Possibly more... I can't remember.
Added in -
- LG Volume
- Opera 10 final
- 4 column start menu grid
- PimBackup 2.8

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 10-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:58 AM
VIP n00b

I will try to share some of my roms that I made over the weekend when I get home from work tonight for anyone that might be interested.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Pull LGFavContactBack.exe or whatever it's called from startup. It's another pointless program running in the background to keep one of the LG features that is rarely used working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
VIP n00b

I was contemplating that one... I'll pull it.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

One other suggestion: this one fixes the Titanium so that you can easily install plugins:
search the registry for VeriHomeScreen and replace it with Titanium. You'll find it 3 places.
Then you might also replace the titanium.cpr files with the VeriHomeScreen.cpr ones if you prefer the floating selection bubble vs the fixed ones. (You'll notice this if you try a non-LG based Titanium setup vs the LG modified one on the Fathom.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom