PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 02:53 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kitchen released

Got the usb mode switched by default now. Thanks Pizzaboy for finding those keys so quickly. So far today I've removed the favecontacts and I'm trying to get the hotspot app moved over.
I'll try to strip the rom down today and separate things out into the EXT section of the kitchen - the camera and LG phone canvas are on the chopping block this weekend. If anyone knows of a good graphics person, maybe we can get a revamp of the phone while I'm at it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 PM
VIP n00b

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Got the 3G Hotspot app working, and the LG phone canvas removed. Now to start on the Camera removal for size crunching.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Got the 3G Hotspot app working, and the LG phone canvas removed. Now to start on the Camera removal for size crunching.
Do you have something to replace the LG Camera app? I'd rather have a working camera app than no app at all.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 PM
VIP n00b

Nothing to replace it. This was a specific request from Cac2us, so I went ahead and did it, putting removed items into EXT's in the kitchen so I can easily reinsert them.

Got it done. Uploading a stripped ROM. It doesn't seem to be making much of a difference on the storage space - its like the space set aside for the ROM is locked, but it is clearing up used program space.

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 10-22-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-22-2011, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Nothing to replace it. This was a specific request from Cac2us, so I went ahead and did it, putting removed items into EXT's in the kitchen so I can easily reinsert them.

Got it done. Uploading a stripped ROM. It doesn't seem to be making much of a difference on the storage space - its like the space set aside for the ROM is locked, but it is clearing up used program space.
There's a 256MB ROM space and a 256MB storage space I think. This might just be something I assumed though.
Strip out all the non-needed things: demo pictures and videos and whatnot.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
VIP n00b

I've dropped over 40MB off the rom and the only thing that is changing the space used is the files that copy after the rom is flashed. I'm going to start working on these copy procedures and see if I can get us over 200mb with opera and mms installed.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
Do you have something to replace the LG Camera app? I'd rather have a working camera app than no app at all.
I was hoping for a way to turn the camera off and on through a reboot like the way the 6800 Mogul has that worked into the kernel. It recovers about 10 megs of RAM on it. Not sure what it would do for Fathom RAM wise.

I only use mine for a WiFi office device and would only use the phone or data if I had to report my primary line failed or MIA.

Not to brag or anything, but since I have to keep my wife (here in MT.) and her daughter (AZ.) happy, the family plan allows me to get a good deal on a new phone 5 times every 2 years. And as long as I buy from VZW, I can switch equipment without penalty. Son in law won't see an upgrade for his w755 until Jan. lol

So the 3.2 mp camera would only come in handy if I were using my office device at the exact moment that I needed to capture that perfect shot.
Otherwise either my Cannon PowerShot (3.2mp), i910 (iGo8 device 5mp), or my data line DInc II with 8mp, are always with me.
But I guess if I had to email a jpg of a receipt or something then it would be less trouble then shifting the micro sd card around and trying to use a WiFi file browser is a little bit more of a chore.

So until we can get nueROM to create a page pool kernel, and that might only work with htc, I guess omitting the camera would have to be tested to see if it would recover any RAM or not.
Probably less trouble to just keep it in.
Thank you for uploading the striped, I will flash and check it out...

How about that hardware keyboard function? The stock v7 I was running required that the FN or Shift key be HELD down while the other key was pressed. And double tap was useless.
This ROM rocks...

Well I better get back to building bulbs... Work at home IS a mixed blessing.

Enjoy...

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
I was hoping for a way to turn the camera off and on through a reboot like the way the 6800 Mogul has that worked into the kernel. It recovers about 10 megs of RAM on it. Not sure what it would do for Fathom RAM wise.
I don't think it would be useful for me to have that happen on my phone. I don't own a digital camera, and am constantly enjoying the idea of taking random pictures and sending them to people. My 8GB SD card has about 4GB of pictures on it... (at 3.2 Megapixels)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us
I only use mine for a WiFi office device and would only use the phone or data if I had to report my primary line failed or MIA.
Mine is my only working Verizon device. I've got a HTC TouchPro2 in my desk... but the screen and ditizer are smashed. It boots, but it's currently useless.
Quote:
Not to brag or anything, but since I have to keep my wife (here in MT.) and her daughter (AZ.) happy, the family plan allows me to get a good deal on a new phone 5 times every 2 years. And as long as I buy from VZW, I can switch equipment without penalty. Son in law won't see an upgrade for his w755 until Jan. lol
I'm stuck on the standard 2 year contract rotation... if I want to keep my unlimited data that is...
Quote:

How about that hardware keyboard function? The stock v7 I was running required that the FN or Shift key be HELD down while the other key was pressed. And double tap was useless.
This ROM rocks...
My replacement phone shipped with V7. There was a bug with the keyboard at times where the FN key wouldn't lock. I've had it happen on V7 plenty of times, but not once on V5. I haven't had it happen yet with my replacement, but I don't plan to keep it around long enough to find out. I'm planning to flash sometime tomorrow as long as I get caught up in my homework. Classes aren't the kindest to people who are trying to develop in their spare time and who happen to be trying to learn to develop for two different platforms willingly ( WM and WebOS) and also taking a class on a third platform (X86 ASM).

I'd love to have this stripped kitchen when it's working well... I've got plenty of mods that I can help with. If you can get the Arcsoft stripped out, I can provide proper Verizon MMS settings and the right files. (Right now, my V2 MMS almost works, as V3 was fatally flawed)
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 AM
VIP n00b

@cac2us: LOL that would make sense I guess, but I'm not that talented yet. I'll see just how much memory was saved with the camera and let you know.

@pizzaboy192: I'll clean up my kitchen a little bit and try to organize it so it makes sense, then upload... I'll probably just upload the OEM and EXT folders since those are the only 2 I've been playing in.

Update: Without the camera and camera drivers I had 85MB free on a clean boot. With the camera and drivers I have 83MB free on a clean boot... not much of a difference.

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 10-23-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm currently trying to find a way to disable the cdma half of the phone. My GF has the Fathom as well, but she is on t-mobile and it is annoying to keep getting asked to switch to global mode when she drops signal.

Here's some help for you when you're working on MMS:
1: Avoid the "hybrid" or the "GSM+CDMA" versions of Arcsoft MMS because they're biased towards GSM. They don't work for the Fathom as well as they should.
2: To pre-configure most of the setup on the phone, you'll need to set HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\<insert MMS Connection name here>\ConnectionVia to {D3B2D798-9E69-4B65-A75B-6DDFBECE143F}
That is the GUID for the Verizon connection. That will preconfigure it.
The alternate way of setting it up would be to hunt down a pre-kitchenized one that allows for all carriers, as it would allow Verizon and other carriers in a single selection. I think it was a feature of the EnergyRom series, but I'm not sure as my TP2 has never given me the chance to flash a ROM yet.

Last edited by pizzaboy192; 10-23-2011 at 11:23 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom