PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Imagio Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   [ROM] Project: Teya 2.0.3 [23-Jan-2012] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137641)

sonami 04-02-2011 03:09 PM

Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.7.0 [24-Mar-2011]

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2078449)
Here you go, install to device and soft reset, I haven't tested so please report back.

Install this cab by Mike and soft reset. You will need to go into Teya [Portal] after the reset and re-configure your MMS (just press the configure button)

the mms fix worked, the no rotation did not work, it still rotates on its own...

gokudre 04-03-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2075345)
I

Lost another one to the dark side...:cwm10: Just kidding buddy, congrats on your new purchase!

lol "the dark side" love it. So far so good over in android land. i see ur still hard at work pumpin out project teya. My brother didnt want my imagio so its just sitting here. ill flash 1.8 when it comes out just to test it out ... =)

Anderz72 04-04-2011 04:33 PM

First off, thank you so much for this ROM jmart. Project: Teya is truly awesome.

My only real issue I've come up against is syncing to Exchange server. Has any one else had issues with this? The only thing I've seen in this thread are issues with certificates. That's not exactly my issue.

When I flash the stock MR1 ROM, I can setup my Exchange account no problem (no certificate req'd). Once I flash Project: Teya it keeps giving "Error Synchronizing", even though the exact same settings are being used.

I verified both v1.4 and v1.7 have this same issue. I've tried EVERYTHING (including picking brain of network/Exchange admin at work). This is just the ROM flash, no extra cabs or config going on. Any ideas, or known issues that I somehow missed?

Regardless, thank you again jmart....this thing gives me hope I might be able to have a work phone that's actually fun to use!

gpinc 04-05-2011 08:42 AM

Hi Jmart,

There is any way you can add/include a tool like Task29 for your rom. So that way every time we flash Teya rom that tool will zap the phone rom and flash new rom. That way we can keep away any kind of glitches. We can make sure nothing is left from previous rom flashes.

Just my thought. I am not expert like you to make a call.

Your Project Teya rocks.

:notworthy:

BRosenow 04-06-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anderz72 (Post 2079597)
When I flash the stock MR1 ROM, I can setup my Exchange account no problem (no certificate req'd). Once I flash Project: Teya it keeps giving "Error Synchronizing", even though the exact same settings are being used.

I verified both v1.4 and v1.7 have this same issue. I've tried EVERYTHING (including picking brain of network/Exchange admin at work). This is just the ROM flash, no extra cabs or config going on. Any ideas, or known issues that I somehow missed?

I can't shed any light on what your problem IS . . . but I can tell you that I have synched with my Exchange server in every Teya ROM from 1.3 through 1.7 and have never had any problems. I put in my email address and password, and it autodetects my settings and I am good to go. Never any cert problems or anything else.

What version of Exchange Server are y'all running?

jmart518 04-06-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonami (Post 2078710)
the mms fix worked, the no rotation did not work, it still rotates on its own...

K, I am thinking that it won't be possible with a simple cab. I can try a different route tonight, I will post it as soon as I verify that it works. I will definitely add a toggle for this in 1.8.0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpinc (Post 2079844)
Hi Jmart,

There is any way you can add/include a tool like Task29 for your rom. So that way every time we flash Teya rom that tool will zap the phone rom and flash new rom. That way we can keep away any kind of glitches. We can make sure nothing is left from previous rom flashes.

Just my thought. I am not expert like you to make a call.

Your Project Teya rocks.

:notworthy:

I agree, Task29 and Task29 often, but I won't include it because Barin has already made it so much easier with his tool. You can find it HERE
It is an amazing update tool, you can save all your .nbh's in its folder and then select them before flashing. There are also options to Task29 and Task32 (flash only the splash or radio only). Let me know if you need help with it, I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks BRosenow for confirming that exchange is in fact working for you. I was getting a little worried since I don't use exchange nor do I have anyway of testing.

bawaji 04-06-2011 07:27 PM

Jmart, Since there is a big warning in red at the beginning of the post, can you please detail the procedure?

Do you put the whitimg.nbh file in the folder, start the utility and select "Perform task 29 only" and check the "Restart utility when Task 29 completed", wait for it to complete, and then select "Regular RUU (Task 29) " and pick the whitimg.nbh file?

Or do you just pick the first option "Regular RUU (Task 28 ) " and pick the whitimg.nbh file and it does the Task 29 before installing your ROM?

Have never done Task 29 before and would not like to brick my phone by inadvertently doing something wrong! :)

Thanks!

jmart518 04-06-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bawaji (Post 2080918)
Jmart, Since there is a big warning in red at the beginning of the post, can you please detail the procedure?

Do you put the whitimg.nbh file in the folder, start the utility and select "Perform task 29 only" and check the "Restart utility when Task 29 completed", wait for it to complete, and then select "Regular RUU (Task 29) " and pick the whitimg.nbh file?

Or do you just pick the first option "Regular RUU (Task 28 ) " and pick the whitimg.nbh file and it does the Task 29 before installing your ROM?

Have never done Task 29 before and would not like to brick my phone by inadvertently doing something wrong! :)

Thanks!

Sure buddy, it's really easy with his utility!

1) Put your .nbh (or as many as you would like) in the folder containing "WhitestoneAdvancedRUU.exe"
2) Open "WhitestoneAdvancedRUU.exe"

3) If planning on Task 29:
1a) Select "Perform Task 29 only" and check "Restart utility when Task 29 completed"
2a) The rest will look familiar and just flash your phone.
3a) As soon as your phone resets, press and hold the volume down key. This will bring you to the multicolored bootloader screen.
4a) After you press finish, the utility will restart
5a) Select in the drop down menu whichever .nbh you want to flash and select "Next"
6a) Everything should look very familiar from here on out

or

3) If you are planning on just flashing:
1b) Select in the drop down menu whichever .nbh you want to flash and select "Next"
2b) Everything should look very familiar from here on out"

Let me know if you need any more help

bawaji 04-06-2011 11:44 PM

Jmart, thanks! Just to be sure, I do not disconnect the phone form the computer between steps 3a and 4a, correct?

jmart518 04-07-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bawaji (Post 2081098)
Jmart, thanks! Just to be sure, I do not disconnect the phone form the computer between steps 3a and 4a, correct?

It actually doesn't matter, but I usually leave it plugged in because I flash immediately after.

Also I forgot to mention, if you miss the chance to press the volume down key after the reset to access bootloader, you can just remove the rear cover and press the reset button and keep the volume down key pressed.