PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Imagio Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   [ROM] Project: Teya 2.0.3 [23-Jan-2012] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137641)

sailorcanfly 03-15-2011 05:35 PM

Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.6.0 [11-Mar-2011]

the best battery span is for Teya 1.4 version. could you please check why the batter life of 1.6 is not as good as in 1.4 . thanks

jlh11364 03-15-2011 06:25 PM

Jmart,

Just wondering if you fixed the MS Office sync problem. I cant wait to try, but need to confirm first.

Thanks,

jmart518 03-15-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phone1 (Post 2067692)
I'm loving this ROM. I am having a problem with receiving MMS videos they show up as a slide show any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

This won't be an easy fix, I went back through every Teya release and it has been this way from the get go (I never get video MMS, so I didn't notice). This is making troubleshooting extremely difficult, I have been on it for the last two days! I will definitely keep working on it and hopefully it will be solved by next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by citop (Post 2067746)
tried 1.5 and 1.6. a couple of questions:
1. handwriting and pinyin input method in 1.6 is missing
2. mms manual configuration instead of using the automatic config.

1. The handwriting is not included in the WWE HTC keyboard, only the CHS version
2. Automatic MMS config only works for Verizon and it should configure itself on first boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pm_mazur (Post 2067864)
Well I've tested some aspects of the ROM and here are the issues I found. iManager icon doesn't seem to launch neither does Whip2Snap (which I'm careless about lol). I've sniffed out a poor quality over the bluetooth audio when it comes to hooking up the speakers. I'm hearing static when it comes to playing audio. when phone is in idle, the static is gone. I'll look up further into it.

Also whoever mentioned about My phone... Google it and you'll find the cab available on the microsoft website. If you still have trouble I'll send you a cab or direct link to the site

1. Whip2Snaps shortcut is targeted to the wrong location, it is fixed for the next release. I haven't had a problem opening iManager, however there is a problem with iManagerConfig. This is not an issue with the ROM, but the program itself. The creator knows and is working on it.
2. I don't use bluetooth very often, so I haven't noticed this. I will look into it

================================================== ========

Other things:
1. I have had really good battery life with 1.6.0. Those having poor batt life, please keep an eye on running programs in ArkSwitch. Keep me posted if your battery life still continues to be less than you would expect. Please note: by default, the weather auto download is enabled and backlight is set fairly bright.
2. Third post [Addons] has been updated with the removed packages from 1.6.0.

Teya Updates:
1. I have a new Sys 29017 and I have started cooking with it using a completely new kitchen (I'm loving it!). As soon as I get everything dialed in, I will get Teya 1.7.0 out.
2. Fixed CHT state indicators

citop 03-15-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2069143)
1. The handwriting is not included in the WWE HTC keyboard, only the CHS version
2. Automatic MMS config only works for Verizon and it should configure itself on first boot.

thanks for your response. i want to know,
1. how to use CHS version keyboard?
2. how to configure MMS manually? for i dont find an entry to do this.
3. is there a mms client program to open mms? seemed mms can not be opened.

bonsaicommando 03-16-2011 12:24 AM

Other things:
1. I have had really good battery life with 1.6.0. Those having poor batt life, please keep an eye on running programs in ArkSwitch. Please keep me posted your battery life continues to be less than you would expect. Please note: be default, the weather auto download is enabled and backlight is set fairly bright.

just because of issuses with battery with 1.5. I made sure I started out with a full battery ...i charged it up...flashed it let it run all customisations then let it charge again to 100, then reset the phone- plugged it in again; it read 93% so i let it charge back to 100 I repeated this cycle again and then it stayed at 99 this is after over an hour of further charging since it originally said 100%. is this battery memory? are we really ever charging our phones all the way.... battery life is sweet gets me through a day and home to charge thats what I need......and I dont think this has been mentioned but the browsers on the past 3 teya roms have given me the best web experience on a winmo device yet= really quite fast thanks again

jmart518 03-16-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citop (Post 2069173)
thanks for your response. i want to know,
1. how to use CHS version keyboard?
2. how to configure MMS manually? for i dont find an entry to do this.
3. is there a mms client program to open mms? seemed mms can not be opened.

1. Unfortunately you can't, it is not included in this release. By popular demand, I reverted back to the WWE version.
2. To be honest, I am not sure how to set up messagaing for your carrier. Hopefully there is another Teya rom user that has the same carrier that will help out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonsaicommando (Post 2069193)
Other things:
1. I have had really good battery life with 1.6.0. Those having poor batt life, please keep an eye on running programs in ArkSwitch. Please keep me posted your battery life continues to be less than you would expect. Please note: be default, the weather auto download is enabled and backlight is set fairly bright.

just because of issuses with battery with 1.5. I made sure I started out with a full battery ...i charged it up...flashed it let it run all customisations then let it charge again to 100, then reset the phone- plugged it in again; it read 93% so i let it charge back to 100 I repeated this cycle again and then it stayed at 99 this is after over an hour of further charging since it originally said 100%. is this battery memory? are we really ever charging our phones all the way.... battery life is sweet gets me through a day and home to charge thats what I need......and I dont think this has been mentioned but the browsers on the past 3 teya roms have given me the best web experience on a winmo device yet= really quite fast thanks again

I have noticed this as well, it seems to have always been this way (I think there was actually a thread a long time ago about the lack of battery charge).
This is my routine:
1. Unplug my phone when it is supposedly fully charged (LED will be green)
2. Re-plug; LED is now orange again
3. Once LED is green (usually around 10-15 min) I unplug and re-plug. LED will be orange again
4. Repeat step 3 a few more times

On a side note:
I received a couple donations without screen names, you know who you are and Thank You!! If you don't mind, shoot me a pm so I can thank you directly.

I hope you are all enjoying Teya 1.6.0!

pm_mazur 03-16-2011 01:01 AM

Did anyone try out Teya 1.6 and used yahoo mail? My hotmail account works fine but yahoo has problems connecting

citop 03-16-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2069197)
2. To be honest, I am not sure how to set up messagaing for your carrier. Hopefully there is another Teya rom user that has the same carrier that will help out.

I know all the parameters to setup messaging, but can not find out which tool to use to configure it. It seems that the config is automatically done during machine starting up and there is no way to customize afterwards.

phone1 03-16-2011 05:04 AM

Thanks for all your hard work it makes using the phone fun again.:notworthy:

bonsaicommando 03-16-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citop (Post 2069213)
I know all the parameters to setup messaging, but can not find out which tool to use to configure it. It seems that the config is automatically done during machine starting up and there is no way to customize afterwards.

try this...if you have the settings you should be ok..diff device same os
MMS Settings For T-Mobile HTC HD2 On AT&T Network just exchange w/your mms settings