PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Imagio Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   [ROM] Project: Teya 2.0.3 [23-Jan-2012] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137641)

bawaji 04-07-2011 06:43 AM

Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.7.0 [24-Mar-2011]

Jmart, Thanks a lot! Will try it out next time. Maybe that will take care of the abnormal and unique battery drain I am seeing.

dellmas 04-07-2011 01:33 PM

I planned to sell my Imagio so I hard booted assuming I would return to factory settings but Teya 1.6 is still on it. It wiped everything off but Teya. It didn't sell(naturally, the Imagio is crap)so I decided to use it til I can get the ThunderBolt at retail. I reactivated and put all my music back on the 4GB microSD card. It played one song and then the next song played but I couldnt hear it. I stopped and started the song. Still nothing. Tried a different song. Nothing. Rebooted and it played one song and again plays with no sound. I got pissed but decided to take a pic. The camera wont load. Its just all black soon as you turn it to the camera. It tried to focus on the black nothing and had an x over it saying something about the lens. I dont remember what it said. I rebooted. Camera worked normally. Took a couple pics fine. Played one song and then the next had no sound and the camera didnt work again. What kinda crap is that? If I have time I'm gonna flash to 1.7 and see if the problems persist. I just wanted to listen to some damn music. I'll be so glad when I can toss this phone in the trash can. I'll use my old LG Chocolate Touch to jam out for now i guess.

BRosenow 04-07-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellmas (Post 2081361)
I'll be so glad when I can toss this phone in the trash can. I'll use my old LG Chocolate Touch to jam out for now i guess.

I am truly sorry for your bad experience with your Imagio. You must recognize however, that there is a huge base of people who use the Imagio every day without problems. I listen to music, take pictures, send text and email messages and actually make phone calls - all without problems. In fact, I could do all of that with the ROM that shipped from the factory. Since JMart cooked Project:Teya - all of that, and more, has simply worked MUCH BETTER.

Now . . . if you are content to use your Chocolate - so be it, but if you want to figure out if it's a hardware problem or a software problem I suggest you re-flash your Imagio with the original ROM (which is available on here somewhere) and see how that goes. If it works and you are content with it - cool! If it works and you want to re-flash with Teya 1.7 for performance increase - that's cool too. If the original ROM does not resolve your issues - you may well have a hardware problem, and your intermediate move to the Chocolate on your way to a ThunderBolt was spot on.

Either way, I understand your frustration, but slamming the Imagio in general and Project:Teya in particular, is just wrong. In fact - they just WORK!

bawaji 04-07-2011 06:29 PM

dellmas,

You can obtain the original ROM from Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - XV6975. This is the page you are directed to from the Verizon Wireless Support Website. Download either the MR1 update or the MR2 update and update the ROM using the included exe file. This should bring your phone back to the original state when it was purchased from Verizon.

Hard reset will put the phone back in the state just after the latest ROM flash. It will not change the ROM to an "original" ROM.

dellmas 04-09-2011 01:15 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Dont get me wrong I'm not downing Project Teya in the LEAST. Project Teya is straight professional work. I honestly enjoy its look and style. I have also enjoyed watching it change and grow from only the few versions I used. If I recall correctly I installed versions 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, and now 1.7 as I stated I was going to update to resolve some issues which are gone now as I figured they would be.

I am however downing the Imagio. From stock and all four of those Teya versions the phone is unbearably slow. For example, I accidentally make an unwanted call. I hit End. The end button dims from red to gray indicating it's been activated and the phone just seems to lock up. It rings. Rings again. Rings again while I take the cover off to remove the battery to stop the late at night unwanted call I'm making. If I receive a text. All I can do is listen to my text tone and feel it vibrate. Once they are done it unlocks and I can continue to use the phone. Plus who pulls out the stylus for every text if all you do is text? I can't stand hittin the wrong letter while textin with my thumb and I dont really have large fingers. But I seriously doubt that last issue will resolve with a new phone. Anyway that's just a few things where the phone seriously lags out. On a constant basis that will REALLY piss you off. If those specific lag outs happened on stock I dont really remember but what I DO remember is I went with Project Teya in an attempt to speed the phone up.

So, once again I will be glad when I can chunk this Imagio. Hopefully within a week. Better yet I'll let one of you guys have it so you can see what I mean. I'm sure you would love to stick it behind your tire as well. I always assumed it was so slow because of it's processor and WM 6.5.

gpinc 04-09-2011 07:12 AM

I am sorry to hear that. But am also using Teya since 1.40 but never faced either this problem or any kind of serious problem. As my knowledge except 1.6 (battery drain) none of the Teya releases had any kind of problems. I am not sure you already did or not. Try to re flash the rom or use Task 29 before flashing. Sure it will fix the problem.

Mainly from my side as well as experts from this forum Project Teya is one of the best and fastest rom for windows mobiles. Even myself i am regular user of Energy rom and moved to Teya permanently because of easy, smooth, fast and greatest support from Jmart.

Project Teya Rocks

BRosenow 04-09-2011 11:26 AM

Dellmas, I'm sure that if I had the kind of response from mine, I would want to pitch it as well. I have not . . . and neither have others in this forum - I think there is something wrong with that device.

I hope you are thrilled with your ThunderBolt!

sonami 04-09-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellmas (Post 2082348)
Thanks for the replies guys. Dont get me wrong I'm not downing Project Teya in the LEAST. Project Teya is straight professional work. I honestly enjoy its look and style. I have also enjoyed watching it change and grow from only the few versions I used. If I recall correctly I installed versions 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, and now 1.7 as I stated I was going to update to resolve some issues which are gone now as I figured they would be.

I am however downing the Imagio. From stock and all four of those Teya versions the phone is unbearably slow. For example, I accidentally make an unwanted call. I hit End. The end button dims from red to gray indicating it's been activated and the phone just seems to lock up. It rings. Rings again. Rings again while I take the cover off to remove the battery to stop the late at night unwanted call I'm making. If I receive a text. All I can do is listen to my text tone and feel it vibrate. Once they are done it unlocks and I can continue to use the phone. Plus who pulls out the stylus for every text if all you do is text? I can't stand hittin the wrong letter while textin with my thumb and I dont really have large fingers. But I seriously doubt that last issue will resolve with a new phone. Anyway that's just a few things where the phone seriously lags out. On a constant basis that will REALLY piss you off. If those specific lag outs happened on stock I dont really remember but what I DO remember is I went with Project Teya in an attempt to speed the phone up.

So, once again I will be glad when I can chunk this Imagio. Hopefully within a week. Better yet I'll let one of you guys have it so you can see what I mean. I'm sure you would love to stick it behind your tire as well. I always assumed it was so slow because of it's processor and WM 6.5.

overclocking is your friend, meet him, enjoy him, use him...

dellmas 04-09-2011 07:46 PM

A 19 second clip.

My Imagio on a good laggy day.

sonami - What exactly are you using to overclock?

sonami 04-09-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellmas (Post 2082582)

sonami - What exactly are you using to overclock?

winmospeed is built into project teya, you just have to set the speed. i set mine to 710mhz, which is pretty fast and stable...