PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Prefer a Very Basic ROM with Functionality to Add Cabs on the Fly
Yes - Strip it All Out and Provide Cabs for Stripped Out Pieces 7 46.67%
No - I Actually Like What You Have Incorporated into Your ROMs 5 33.33%
Maybe - Pear Back What You Have Included to Something Smaller 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.2

Morning all,

Sorry I have not been around here for awhile. I have been busy with the ROMs, but also with some things going on at home. I have a final preview of v2 for you to sample, as I am very close to GA of v2. Please let me know what you think.

A previous post indicated that there might be a problem with CHT affecting overall performance of the device. I have not seen this, so cannot comment, but the question posed is whether to remove CHT and let you add it at your will via cab. Would everyone prefer this?

21905 Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/chsx6rjA/21905_v2_Test.html

23569 Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/kjE5pEvF/23569_v2_Test.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Morning all,

Sorry I have not been around here for awhile. I have been busy with the ROMs, but also with some things going on at home. I have a final preview of v2 for you to sample, as I am very close to GA of v2. Please let me know what you think.

A previous post indicated that there might be a problem with CHT affecting overall performance of the device. I have not seen this, so cannot comment, but the question posed is whether to remove CHT and let you add it at your will via cab. Would everyone prefer this?
I for one would definitely prefer NO CHT. I love CHT -but mt device seems to overwhelmed by it. I am using a rom without it and it seems a lot snapier. But I would also add this - I will be switching back and forth between this rom and my own - so you do not have to cater to me.

thanks for considering.

Wouldn't it also be possible to simply post one with and one without?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

I took the test rom for a very short ride. Very nice. here's just a couple of things...

1) Wifi still didn't work for me. Probably not a big deal to most. But for me my phone is the only access to the internet - so I like both VZAM and Wifi to be functional bc sometime VZAM is just not very convenient.

2) HTC Messaging Client - I am not a real fan of it. I know this version is supposed to be better. And I didn't get to test it out. But For now, I just prefer Arcsoft.

But like I said, I didn't have the oppertunity to use it for a week (obviously). I will try to reflash and use it for a while to give some better input.

And as I mentioned - I would prefer not to have CHT - so it would be great to test a pre-release of V2 without CHT if that is at all possible.

thanks for all the work you put into making these a great experience.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I for one would definitely prefer NO CHT. I love CHT -but mt device seems to overwhelmed by it. I am using a rom without it and it seems a lot snapier. But I would also add this - I will be switching back and forth between this rom and my own - so you do not have to cater to me.

thanks for considering.

Wouldn't it also be possible to simply post one with and one without?
I have no problem in removing CHT but I do not want to get into the habit of maintaining multiple copies. Makes my life a nightmare. This is why I incorporated Sashimi into the ROM, so people can add their own cabs on the fly.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I took the test rom for a very short ride. Very nice. here's just a couple of things...

1) Wifi still didn't work for me. Probably not a big deal to most. But for me my phone is the only access to the internet - so I like both VZAM and Wifi to be functional bc sometime VZAM is just not very convenient.

2) HTC Messaging Client - I am not a real fan of it. I know this version is supposed to be better. And I didn't get to test it out. But For now, I just prefer Arcsoft.

But like I said, I didn't have the oppertunity to use it for a week (obviously). I will try to reflash and use it for a while to give some better input.

And as I mentioned - I would prefer not to have CHT - so it would be great to test a pre-release of V2 without CHT if that is at all possible.

thanks for all the work you put into making these a great experience.
I will check the Wifi issue, but you mentioned previously it was the Wifi router that did not work. Are you now saying that Wifi access does not work? Can you give me more to go on?

HTC messaging client is really working well for me. For those that complained about the small font you can increase the size of the font on the fly.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I will check the Wifi issue, but you mentioned previously it was the Wifi router that did not work. Are you now saying that Wifi access does not work? Can you give me more to go on?

HTC messaging client is really working well for me. For those that complained about the small font you can increase the size of the font on the fly.
I am sorry. For me, the Wifi does not turn on. So, if I just turn on Wifi in the Com Manager it does not turn on. Which of course means that also the Wifi router does not work.

I could live with HTC Messaging - but MMS wasn't working for me. And I do want MMS to work. Does MMS work for you? I know there is a work around if you don't want to use the HTC MC- but I hate the "disable HTC MC .cab" bc it screws up your unread message count.

And again - I did not get a chance to test this substantially. The Wifi was an issue with the last test build. It did not work this time the first go around. So I assumed that it was still an issue and did not invest any time in trying to resolve it on my own as basically it would be a lost cause for me. Hopefully someone else will report.

I am going to try and test the rom better - but have just been unable as of yet. So I will try and report again on my experience.

I can say I like the rom bc normally I am using 60%-70% of my resources whereas with my own I am using 70%-80% of my resources - big difference on the Imagio. Without CHT the rom would be even lighter.

thanks for everything. your efforts are appreciated.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I am sorry. For me, the Wifi does not turn on. So, if I just turn on Wifi in the Com Manager it does not turn on. Which of course means that also the Wifi router does not work.

I could live with HTC Messaging - but MMS wasn't working for me. And I do want MMS to work. Does MMS work for you? I know there is a work around if you don't want to use the HTC MC- but I hate the "disable HTC MC .cab" bc it screws up your unread message count.

And again - I did not get a chance to test this substantially. The Wifi was an issue with the last test build. It did not work this time the first go around. So I assumed that it was still an issue and did not invest any time in trying to resolve it on my own as basically it would be a lost cause for me. Hopefully someone else will report.

I am going to try and test the rom better - but have just been unable as of yet. So I will try and report again on my experience.

I can say I like the rom bc normally I am using 60%-70% of my resources whereas with my own I am using 70%-80% of my resources - big difference on the Imagio. Without CHT the rom would be even lighter.

thanks for everything. your efforts are appreciated.
Ok I sort of see what you are talking about, and I think I understand why this is. Instead of activating Wifi via Comm Mgr I would like you to do the following:

1) Go to Start\Programs\Settings\Connections\Wi-Fi.
2) Check "Turn on Wi-Fi" and then select Wireless Networks.
3) If you do not hide your SSID you should see it listed in the Wireless dialog. Select your wireless SSID, and it will walk you through connecting to it.
4) If you hide your SSID you will need to add it first, so select Add New from the Wireless dialog, and it will walk you through adding your SSID.

You should be connected to your wireless once you finish.

What I tried first was to activate Wifi via Comm Mgr, but according to the dialog it never activated. Is this what you are seeing also?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

All,

I have fixed the Wifi issue. I will be posting another update later today, so keep an eye for the updates. This fix had to do with the WLAN name in the Comm Mgr. Whitestone devices use a specific WLAN name(BCMSDDHD1). If you use a Comm Mgr. from a diff device then its possible the WLAN name is not the same.

I will update this posting with the updates once they are validated and uploaded. This will be the last preview, as I am just about ready to release v2.

Steve
Old 07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Hello Steve - just wondering - are you going to post it with CHT? Or without CHT? I know it would be more consistent for testing versions to keep it with CHT - but I would sure like to test your rom without CHT.

thanks for keeping up the good work.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Hello Steve -

I have been keeping my eye out. I even added "instant notification by email" to my subscription. I am currently using my own rom made with the Dr's kitchen. But like i said- your's seemed to use less system resources. So I would like to try it again especially since you said you worked out the Wifi bug. Anyways - no big deal really. Just wondering. I may go ahead and wait for the official v2 since you said you are that close to releasing it (but probably not). Once you start flashing - it's like you just got to test it -even if it is just for a couple of hours and then you can switch back. ha ha. I guess I need to get a life.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 07-11-2010 at 06:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development