PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874/235XX - May/3rd/10th [Build 1.9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvalme View Post
Really? That's strange. Well let me describe the situation maybe then you'll be able to replicate.

For the sake of the scientific method I just did a hard reset. The version that I am flashing is

1.9 MyCleanImagio - 21874 - Customized Build - Verizon

The only thing the I've done is to connect to my company exchange email.

Now I've have replicated the problem, even if I send myself an email. I will get an alert that an email has arrived, but the email preview will not update, unless I scroll away from the email tab, then scroll back

It will show the the previous email as the latest email, unless I scroll away and back. I noticed the same thing in the 1.8 version.

It's not that big of a deal, just a few more scrolls when your having an email conversion. It doesnt compare to the time saved with this really fast ROM
Thank you for taking the time to describe it... I still cannot replicate it on my phone, I do sync with an exchange server as well (along with two pop3 accounts and hotmail)... to me it seems, this might be particular to the exchange server you use and MyCleanImagio... I'll continue to try it out, if you use a third party task manager, please add Tmail.exe to the "exclusion" list (to not terminate tmail.exe)... thank you very much!

Donations
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Can your Android icon cab be installed on its own, or is it part of a set of taskbar cabs?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Can your Android icon cab be installed on its own, or is it part of a set of taskbar cabs?
Yes, can be installed on it's own... and should be compatible with other roms for the Imagio too, build 21XXX.. (again, it should)...anyway, the cab can be uninstalled...so it's just a matter of trying ..., please remember that some policies were changed on MyCleanImagio to make "modding" easier... (the themes available for MyCleanImagio may not be compatible with all other roms due to the different packages used on it... as far as taskbar icons, should be no problem... may not be compatible with builds 235XX due to shellres.192.dll, the 235xx is a more "complete/sophisticated" (lol) dll compared to 218XX, so if you install the taskbar set, it may goof up some icons on 235XX, again its a matter of trying...)

Last edited by adortab; 05-21-2010 at 05:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

marcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuffmarcvalme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
Thank you for taking the time to describe it... I still cannot replicate it on my phone, I do sync with an exchange server as well (along with two pop3 accounts and hotmail)... to me it seems, this might be particular to the exchange server you use and MyCleanImagio... I'll continue to try it out, if you use a third party task manager, please add Tmail.exe to the "exclusion" list (to not terminate tmail.exe)... thank you very much!

Mystery Solved More Questions Remain

Ok After about a dozen or so hard resets and a completely unproductive day at work. I finally found the culprit behind the email tab not refreshing itself. As strange as it may seem the culprit is DEFINITLEY the memory card.

Here is the conclusion after testing this for hours:

For some strange reason if the phone is boots up ( from a soft reset ) with the memory card inside. The email tab on the sense UI will not refresh unless you scroll away then scroll back.

If the memory card is removed then the phone is restarted, then the memory card is inserted after the phone has completely booted up. The email tab will operate and refresh as it should.

To guarantee that there aren't any file on my memory card causing this really strange issue, I inserted my 8 gig card into my PC and formatted it. The strange issue was still there.

I have tested it over and over the memory card is definitly the problem.

Can anyone shed some insight as to what exactly could be causing this? This definitly did not occur with the stock VZW rom that we all hate.

This is a really really strange one. It happens accross 2 replacement Imagios so its not unique to my phone. I have no other memory to test, but after formatted my memory card ( a full format, which detest bad sectors ) I doubt that the memory card is the problem.

Can anyone replicate?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

Ok After about a dozen or so hard resets and a completely unproductive day at work. I finally found the culprit behind the email tab not refreshing itself. As strange as it may seem the culprit is DEFINITLEY the memory card.

Here is the conclusion after testing this for hours:

For some strange reason if the phone is boots up ( from a soft reset ) with the memory card inside. The email tab on the sense UI will not refresh unless you scroll away then scroll back.

If the memory card is removed then the phone is restarted, then the memory card is inserted after the phone has completely booted up. The email tab will operate and refresh as it should.

To guarantee that there aren't any file on my memory card causing this really strange issue, I inserted my 8 gig card into my PC and formatted it. The strange issue was still there.

Can anyone shed some insight as to what exactly could be causing this? This definitly did not occur with the stock VZW rom that we all hate.

This is a really really strange one. It happens accross 2 replacement Imagios so its not unique to my phone. I have no other memory to test, but after formatted my memory card ( a full format, which detest bad sectors ) I doubt that the memory card is the problem.

Can anyone replicate?
... That's freaking weird! Never heard or had seen anything like that before! Hahahaha....try one thing... a few posts before, I added a cab to revert/change some policies... There was another user that had a problem with 1.9 trying to sync with an Exchange Server, that cab solved the issue...

Here is the link to the cab:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1273031306

If that doesn't work... then I suggest you to pick another rom to use... or maybe someone else could help you with that... sincerelly, I cannot replicate it... and never had a problem with SD card....

Last edited by adortab; 05-21-2010 at 09:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Imagio

wanablikhm is just getting started

Quote:

Can anyone replicate?
Sometimes it is not a problem with either the memory card or phone, simply a hardware conflict that is present only with those particular pieces of hardware. You could get another memory card, same brand, specs...etc. and as long as it is not made from the same batch will not have that issue.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Imagio

wanablikhm is just getting started

Adortab, just out of curiosity...what are you working on now?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanablikhm View Post
Adortab, just out of curiosity...what are you working on now?
On the Leo (HD2) version... and on a final version of MyCleanImagio together with the kitchen, etc... the Imagio is great... but the Leo is a windows phone, on my point of view the way it supposed to be,... specially with this new rom 2.13 from T-mobile... same software almost that we see on MyCleanImagio, but fast, no lags (and i really mean it.. fast and no lags), lots of memory available (650mb of storage available and 32% memory usage after boot, peaking at 40%), huge screen, etc, etc, etc, after the Leo, there is no frustation about speed!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Lurker

seltrus is a n00b

Long time lurker, first time poster [EDIT2] Using Plain not Light [/EDIT2]

First of all, adortab, this ROM is really great and smooth. It's exactly what I have been looking for (1.9 CHT 1.6.1 21xxx Plain VZW). I did find a couple small issues with it that you might want to know about.

Segoe Light CAB (only font cab installed) from repository garbles the fonts in Opera. I'll be testing Segoe full next, but just so you know. [EDIT] Segoe Full doesn't have this issue and looks better anyway. [/EDIT]

There is a small graphical oddity when you are on the Browser tab--there is a small rectangle around the middle four tab icons which looks cool, but it isn't on any other tabs that I'm aware of, although I disable many default tabs. Personally, I like it and think it should be everywhere, but maybe the default should be plain.

I installed the glossy black taskbar icons and the 3G and Battery icons did not change. I considered installing the sdk certs package, but I didn't see this in your notes, so I figured I'd just report it.

All of these should be repro on 1.9 CHT 1.6.1 21xxx Plain VZW fresh flash with just Segoe Light and Glossy black installed. I haven't installed anything else; just sync'ed with exchange and myphone.

Great ROM, glad to see you are spreading the love to HD2 users as well

Last edited by seltrus; 05-23-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

I am using the 1.9 Verizon Plain and having the same problem with the taskbar icons. Same exact ones - only the Color Default set.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development