PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.5 23569 05/12/10

Just wondering... if anyone that tried the new 1.5c release if the messaging problems were fixed? i.e. message tab would not update to current message and when composing a message the words would hide themselves.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Just wondering... if anyone that tried the new 1.5c release if the messaging problems were fixed? i.e. message tab would not update to current message and when composing a message the words would hide themselves.
The messaging problem is an issue with Sense 2.5 not Drellisdee's ROM. It will not be resolved until HTC releases a fix.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydr View Post
The messaging problem is an issue with Sense 2.5 not Drellisdee's ROM. It will not be resolved until HTC releases a fix.
If that is the case then there must be a fix for it because I have tried at least 3 other ROMs running 2.5 and have not seen this issue.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

chrbrown30 is a n00b
Calendar Item on Home Page not updating

I installed 1.5c and noticed this AM that the calendar item on my homepage was still saying "TOMORROW:" for an entry that clearly was this morning. After syncing with ActiveSync, the problem went away.

Is anyone else seeing this? Next time I will also try a soft reset to see if that clears it up. (Launching the calendar to see my appts didn't resolve the home screen issue, is a workaround, and is slightly less convenient.)

Thanks,
CB
Old 06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cjm2576 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm2576 View Post
Installed it clean last nite, loaded smooth as butter and I was back up-and-running in no time. So far it's been quick and stable. Confirmed the FB albums are working now. Slacker appears to be updated. I haven't tried making a new footprint yet.

Thanks for this awesome ROM. You single-handedly saved this phone for me.
Ok so I've been running it for a few days now and I have run into several instances where it appears Sense is hanging and a couple times where I've had to pull the battery. My frustration reached the point where I did a factory reset and then had Sense hang on me shortly after getting the phone up and running again. All I had done was set some personalization (disabled some tabs, set my ring tones, and set the logins for FB and Twitter). FB is not set to auto update 'cause I know that causes sluggishness and hangups.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

My experience with 1.5c is that yes, the Facebook album thing is fixed. However, the Tasks application still lacks the ability to set reminders for tasks. It's like it is just missing the calendar completely.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
If that is the case then there must be a fix for it because I have tried at least 3 other ROMs running 2.5 and have not seen this issue.
I have tried every single ROM offered in this forum and any of them that were using the new HTC messaging client had this issue.

You do know that a ROM can run sense 2.5 but not use the newest HTC messaging client right? or did you not read up on this before posting..
Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm2576 View Post
Ok so I've been running it for a few days now and I have run into several instances where it appears Sense is hanging and a couple times where I've had to pull the battery. My frustration reached the point where I did a factory reset and then had Sense hang on me shortly after getting the phone up and running again. All I had done was set some personalization (disabled some tabs, set my ring tones, and set the logins for FB and Twitter). FB is not set to auto update 'cause I know that causes sluggishness and hangups.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
I was experiencing this. In my case, it was Swype that was causing me all the problems. It is a great keyboard, but it just doesn't play nicely with Sense.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydr View Post
I have tried every single ROM offered in this forum and any of them that were using the new HTC messaging client had this issue.

You do know that a ROM can run sense 2.5 but not use the newest HTC messaging client right? or did you not read up on this before posting..
So no, I didn't know that. And no, I did not read up on this before posting.. because when I searched for how to FIX the messaging client I did not seem to find anything. Never thought of searching for how to DISABLE the messaging client. Never the less, I think I have found a way to disable it and I thank you. However, it still does not seem to fix the message tab problem (doesn't automatically advance to new message).

As a side note, (and no disrespect to the chief) but why, if the HTC messaging client seems to be broke, would he still cook it up in his ROM? I mean, as you said yourself, all the ROM's "were using them..."
Old 06-08-2010, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I assume he cooks it in because he likes it, seeing as he clearly states this is a ROM for his personal use that he is sharing.

and there is a way to disable HTC messaging. in face i posted it in this very thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

AND!!!! Drellisdee even posted a build with NO htc messaging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development