PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HSPL] Imagio / WhiteStone Hard-SPL

Here is another that worked successfully for me to tether and HSPL at the same time...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538874

HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing

Start the internet sharing before you USB for Active Sync. Worked for me.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

schomberg is a n00b

After unlocking my phone and dialing *228 to update roaming I noticed the dialer screen showed "SPL Unlocked". Does anyone think that info gets back to Verizon causing any problems down the line like warranty (after relocking and flashing back to stock). Do they monitor this stuff and give you any kind grief for messing with your phone?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schomberg View Post
After unlocking my phone and dialing *228 to update roaming I noticed the dialer screen showed "SPL Unlocked". Does anyone think that info gets back to Verizon causing any problems down the line like warranty (after relocking and flashing back to stock). Do they monitor this stuff and give you any kind grief for messing with your phone?
It shows unlocked even with the original verizon hspl. I think it has to unlock briefly for the update over the phone via #228. Maybe someone else can confirm, but thats the way I understand, so no worries.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

Cbreze, you beat me to it. You are 100% correct. I noticed that before and made a mental note of it. It always says that for some reason. Actually someone asked a question months ago if that meant the phone was unlocked (thats how i remembered it). It's funny how I remember little things like that but can't remember important things.......
Old 03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Any word on the relocker?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

So, I am thinking of jumping on the ship, and unlock - load ROM. I have a few questions, as I can't seem to find an answer after checking out this post and a few others.

These custom roms are made by individuals based on thier personal prefrences, like a custom car designer. Which chef has a track record of creating ROMS for a 50/35/15 gaming / texting / calling phone? I currently have a butt load of games on my phone, and text crazy to wife and kids, and finally use it to make calls. I check stocks daily, as well as my Phoenix Coyotes, and of course PPC and XDA. So I need a ROM that allows me good speed for games, stable texting, and internet quickness.

When I flash in the new ROM, if I need any service, I need to return ROM to stock, or just get the relocker?

Internet connection, I keep hearing about tethering. Have no idea what that is. I would do this flashing on my home laptop, which has internet connection via wireless modem to the home desktop. Is that more than enough? And the internet connection is wicked stable, and strong enough where I can use it at the next block.

The unlocker program, would that come with the custom rom, or do I need to get one from somewhere else?

I think thats enough noob questions for now.

I love my Imagio, but like the look of TF3D 2.5, so am willing to take this step. So one last question, can I brick this phone and make it absolutely unusable, or just loose everything on it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

Ugh, sounds like I could go for really new interface but under 100% stable, or stay with 100% stable but old interface......Is it normal for these issues to be so prevelant? Are these typical bugs in new programs / ROMs that eventually get addressed and corrected, or just some of the little 'quirks' that we have to live with?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker

junaitari is a n00b

I was showing a guy in my office my unlocked & flashed phone and since he has the same phone, he wanted me to do his. Problem is, when I tried to unlock, I was given a message saying I had already unlocked a phone and couldn't unlock another one.

Do I need to donate to be able to unlock his?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaitari View Post
I was showing a guy in my office my unlocked & flashed phone and since he has the same phone, he wanted me to do his. Problem is, when I tried to unlock, I was given a message saying I had already unlocked a phone and couldn't unlock another one.

Do I need to donate to be able to unlock his?

I can't help you with a different solution BUT just so you know the same exact thing happened to me. I just donated the $4 and i worked perfectly. I was going to donate at the end anyways. But if you don't want to donate, someone told me it may have been because of anti virus or a not good internet connection. My internet is great here so I don't think it was that. Maybe it was the anti virus. But $4 and you don't have to worry about it. (or at least I hope it was 4 bucks-it was some other form of currency-maybe Euros????)
Old 03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post
Ugh, sounds like I could go for really new interface but under 100% stable, or stay with 100% stable but old interface......Is it normal for these issues to be so prevelant? Are these typical bugs in new programs / ROMs that eventually get addressed and corrected, or just some of the little 'quirks' that we have to live with?

they get fixed but it takes time. Some of these ROM makers don't even have our phone (thats how goos they are). They cook a ROM and ask us to tell them whats wrong and they fix as needed. Eventually they will be close to 100% stable. And more and more people will come out with ROM's. So you either have to play the waiting game or jump in and live with the quirks.....(yes, I know the "waiting game" sucks!!!!!!!!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development