PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

cinnr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Can I restore my phone to the way it is currently setup just by restoring an SPB backup? I.e. use the following process:
1) full backup with SPB Backup to storage card
2) flash to new ROM
3) install SPB Backup
4) restore full backup taken in step 1 above

thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Hmmm thats interesting. I make sure I do close anything that is left open. At present my Imagio is sitting at 73%. I have the following loaded on my Imagio:

Iffy DisableTVIcon
.Net 3.5 CF
Phone Fusion Voicemail Plus
PsShutXP
TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy
TF3D Landscape Activation
TCruz Clean, Clear, and Colored v3

Going to uninstall everything I can live without for a period of time, which in my case is just about everything on this list. Voicemail Plus is prolly the only thing I really need. I am then going to give it a day and see if the mem stabilizes. I will then add one app a day and see how it goes.

Steve
Might want to try Timmy likes to click lower RAM - ShareMemSize .cab along with the Dynamic Resource Proxy .cab .
You can find Lower RAM-ShareMemSize.cab on page #1 of the Imagio Registry Tweaks thread , post # 9.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Yes. You can restore from an SPB Backup after you flash the rom. Worked well for me.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Could be coincidence but it seems that since I flashed to this ROM, my email preview tab just shows the email header and "Click to view message." Anyone else having this problem?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Imagioman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
If I decide to go back to the stock ROM where can I find it? Is there a chance I can brick my phone doing this?
I assume the restore to stock flash process is the same -- download, connect the phone via USB and run the file?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Might want to try Timmy likes to click lower RAM - ShareMemSize .cab along with the Dynamic Resource Proxy .cab .
You can find Lower RAM-ShareMemSize.cab on page #1 of the Imagio Registry Tweaks thread , post # 9.
Just a heads up, the Lower RAM-ShareMemSize cab and the Dynamic Resource Proxy cab are the exact same thing. Also, they will not help if you are using Sense 2.5. For some reason the registry settings do not stick and it will revert back to default after a soft reset.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 02-08-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post
with this new ROM installed, is anyone noticing that there weather on the homepage is defaulting back to "My Location" alot.

Weird, and I do have everything set up correctly.
Mine is doing this also...and when i do a soft reset, the data connection is always on. Im not sure why. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_roey View Post
Could be coincidence but it seems that since I flashed to this ROM, my email preview tab just shows the email header and "Click to view message." Anyone else having this problem?
Mine did this too, with imap gmail. I switched to Exchange gmail, and it now shows the full message.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=jmart518;1550940]Just a heads up, the Lower RAM-ShareMemSize cab will not help if you are using Sense 2.5. For some reason the settings do not stick and it will revert back after a soft reset.[/QUOTE

I am using 2.1 now because it is a lot faster on my phone. Are there any problems with Lower Ram on 2.1 ? My memory stays between 52-58% most of the time so I really do not feel I have a leak compared to the stock rom.
Anyone working on the My Location weather problem ? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

Oh man something went sideways. I used the fully executable method with USB cable. It worked great. Then I installed the full system SPB backup I saved right before flashing the ROM. The setup looks the same, the memory is much lower, but I can't make a call or receive a call, zero call history, no nav buttons on the bottom of the call history screen, cannot connect to Windows Mobile Device Center (shows red X and say Error).

So I'm thinking now I need to hard reset into this new ROM and start installing CABs one by one rather than using the SPB Image, right?

Please remind a relative newbie how to hard reset this beast. Thanks guys and gals!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development