PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 08:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

calebt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

thank you Maxtcee for asking that, I guess I was not clear in the way i asked other then radio and sys is it worth uping to this. or just wait for hspl
Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I never had issues with 3G in past. So I cant comment on that. I have had others comment about how the Radio did give better reception, and that the SYS did run smoother, with less lag.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedi2034 View Post
I flashed this rom to my phone, and truthfully i dont like it as well...it seems to me like it is running slower...maybe it just needs some time. im gonna try it over night to give it a chance..so far, the only thing i have noticed, i can hear better on it..i was going to go into the registry and increase the volume, but this one is already set at 5 unlike the shipped rom that was set on 2.
huh. my experience is the opposite. this sys runs much faster/smoother without any tweaks compared to the old rom. I have more memory without tweaks then before ~ 60% @ boot. it also seems like i have more free internal storage @ 148mb with a couple apps installed already. i do not remember what i had before but maybe someone knows.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
if you dont mind me asking whats new in radio and sys can you post some ss
Visually nothing has changed. Radio will affect everyone differently but considering the problems people have had with data I would assume this radio is meant to address them.

the new sys in my opinion is better then the old one but others may disagree. cetainly 6.5 has come a long way and we started with a pretty old version of it. basically i would suggest flashing unless you really don't want to reinstall everything again. might as well get used to it though with hspl testing getting closer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for your input i beleive the old rom was at 180 somthing currently im running the 2.5 sense being that were getting a blizzard this weekend i might try it out and see if it adresses any kinks in 2.5
Old 02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Anytime you install cabs that large wiht has many files for 2.5 it is going to cause issues. if you look at the number of files 2.5 uses to run everything the way it should, the amount is unreal. And so personally I dont do it for that reason, Because it is going to be taxing on the device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Conflipper , can you fix the new update file so us dummies can just download it and flash it ? ? PLEASE ! ! I just can't get it to work . THANKS
Old 02-05-2010, 09:44 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Anytime you install cabs that large wiht has many files for 2.5 it is going to cause issues. if you look at the number of files 2.5 uses to run everything the way it should, the amount is unreal. And so personally I dont do it for that reason, Because it is going to be taxing on the device.
well its some thing for us to play with with till hard spl comes out this way we can leave you alone and not nagg you over and over
Old 02-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Conflipper , can you fix the new update file so us dummies can just download it and flash it ? ? PLEASE ! ! I just can't get it to work . THANKS

I second this request...

Conflipper, 3 quick questions:

1) do I have to put the phone into bootloader before I run this. Is this the right instructions to access bootloader:

To access bootloader mode on imagio, do the following:

-Power down device.
-Press and hold the "-" volume key (volume down NOT up).
-Power up the device, release volume key once bootloader mode has shown on the screen

2) Do I need to rename this file at all when I put it in the RUU folder

"Whitestone_WIMG_VERIZON_WWE_3.04.605.7_RS_2.25.00 WVL_NV_VZW_1.94_1112_PRL58005_Ship.nbh"

3) Is this the correct Overall instructions to flash properly:

* Just put you Imagio in (tri colored screen) Boot loader mode. SEE ABOVE
* Connect the usb to your computer.
* Run the file (which is an .exe file) from your computer.
ROMUpdateUtility.exe in RUU folder

Last edited by slumpey326; 02-05-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:00 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

Download and Double click to install.

If you are doing the other method,
you can just copy the file into the RUU folder. no need to rename anything,
plug device into USB port and PC
double click the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
And follow the prompts.

This will be just like flashing a regular rom.

I have now changed that so you can just load up the .exe that I have posted above, and it will be just like an official ROM.

Last edited by conflipper; 02-20-2010 at 10:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development