PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

weberdave1584 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy VX6900 GPS\Internet won't work after upgrade.

I had the vx6900 before; it was some time ago I got this phone. I recently got a replacement one from verizon. It came with the software version of 3.14 already loaded on it. Now I have done the same steps that I had done with my first phone with no luck. Verizon even replace this new one again and still the same results are happening. I ran the Coke unlocker, ran the official htc upgrade downgrading my software from 3.14 to 3.09. This upgraded the radio to 3.42. Once I run the manilla 2d rom the internet stops working and the GPS still isn’t' working. I think the internet is related to the proxy settings. Whenever I disable the proxy settings since I don't actually want to use them and they shouldn't be enabled it re enables it self once I leave the screen. I don't know how to get the settings to stick! How do I make the proxy settings stick? Why isn’t' the GPS working also? GPSViewer never sees anything....
Old 10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: VX6900 GPS\Internet won't work after upgrade.

Maybe take a look at these:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=991526 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78560 Hope those help! Also, did you use the 2.31 unlocker?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

weberdave1584 is a n00b

Yeah i never found anything like this! I'll give this a try. Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv9000 verizon
Carrier: page plus

juniorseau55 is a n00b

make a new connection, use the following format, yournumber@vzw3g.com password can be black or it can be vzw. make sure dialing is on #777
Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

weberdave1584 is a n00b

OK i believe i got the gps working, i got a signal and found a couple sats so were good there. Thanks a lot for that walk through. it helped a lot! i'm still having problems with my internet though. no matter what I do it says "Cannot connect for an unknown reason." I created a new connection used the cell line, #777, used the 10digitnumber@vzw3g.com password blank and vzw. same message.. I tried *228 option 1 and that will now succesfully run but still no internet. I guess i should mention that i am subscribed for it and it has worked before i started playing with the roms. Any ideas on this?
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

weberdave1584 is a n00b

HA HA! it's all working!!! no more problems. I had to do transfer my line to another phone and then back again. *228 and it fixed it. i'm so happy! Thanks again guys
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Oh Good!! Glad you got it working!!I was doing some searching to try to find something that might help and was going to post what I found but if you got it then I'll just save what I found for later! lol I have found some great info like this trying to help other users. Glad you got it working!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

jdb1981 is a n00b

Hello!

Quick question - I'm actually having the exact same problem, though I can't speak to the GPS aspect of it since I haven't tried that... Voice works fine, SMS works fine, and Data doesn't work at all...

When you used the online ESN switcher, did you need to change your plan or anything weird? The only phone I have available to swap to is an old Moto V3C, and the ESN switcher doesn't like going from smartphones to dumb phones... Also, it took me forever to get an Akey from VZW, and they actually called back today to complain that my phone still wasn't showing up on their end of things, but said it should be fine... I'm using the right connection settings, user name, password, and all that, it just flat-out doesn't work,tells me the "password or username is wrong."

Is it likely I'll need to go through the whole Akey song and dance again if I switch ESNs, and do you know if there's any specific reason WHY it solved your issue? Or does anyone else have any other suggestions for me? I'd rather not screw with things too much, considering all is well right now except data... Is it possible to just change some EPST settings and get this fixed? Oh, I should note: *228 doesn't work for me, either, it fails before Commit.

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by jdb1981; 10-27-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added note about *228
Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

jdb1981 is a n00b

Problem solved - I found to solution on xda here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423597

I just needed to call and ask for a DMU update, argue a little with the guy, and voila! The way I found what I needed was by searching for the actual error code (duh on my part) I was getting: "Error Code 11, PPP Connection error"

That brought the solution right up!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue