View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
jdb1981
Lurker

jdb1981 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VX6900 GPS\Internet won't work after upgrade.

Hello!

Quick question - I'm actually having the exact same problem, though I can't speak to the GPS aspect of it since I haven't tried that... Voice works fine, SMS works fine, and Data doesn't work at all...

When you used the online ESN switcher, did you need to change your plan or anything weird? The only phone I have available to swap to is an old Moto V3C, and the ESN switcher doesn't like going from smartphones to dumb phones... Also, it took me forever to get an Akey from VZW, and they actually called back today to complain that my phone still wasn't showing up on their end of things, but said it should be fine... I'm using the right connection settings, user name, password, and all that, it just flat-out doesn't work,tells me the "password or username is wrong."

Is it likely I'll need to go through the whole Akey song and dance again if I switch ESNs, and do you know if there's any specific reason WHY it solved your issue? Or does anyone else have any other suggestions for me? I'd rather not screw with things too much, considering all is well right now except data... Is it possible to just change some EPST settings and get this fixed? Oh, I should note: *228 doesn't work for me, either, it fails before Commit.

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by jdb1981; 10-27-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added note about *228