PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ashghan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device unrecognized by Windows XP SP2

I've just bought myself an HTC Touch, which I couldn't be happier with. However, upon attempting to connect the device to Activesync 4.5, neither of my computers (both XP SP2 completely updated as of time of post) will even recognize the device. After some fiddling around I can finally get an error message to the tune of
"The device has mulfunctioned or is not working properly. Windows cannot access this device." (not verbatim, but that's the gist).

ANY IDEAS would be very welcome, as I can't see what I could possibly be doing wrong and I can't track down any advice that will fix this issue. I also have not come across anyone else with this issue for this specific device.

(PS. I've already fiddled with the "advanced network capabilities" checkbox in USB to PC settings, but to no avail.)

HELP!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
if u can try it on another computer or get a usb hub and try it then. if it works then it is probably ur usb drivers or hardware.
i have a few uneducated guesses:
what about updating ur usb drivers? I know that some usb devices dont work on certain motherboards. although i doubt that is the cause.

what about the plug and play service running. click start/run type services.msc see if plug and play being on helps. should be set to automatic. also right click and start it. then plug in.

i have had problems with dell computers using a certain motherboards with Intel usb ports. cant remember but it was like 82810 or something that wasn’t compatible with certain USB drives.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

ashghan is a n00b
Angry

I've now tried it on 5 WinXP SP2 computers. Same message on all of them: "...Unregognized/malfunctioning device" (paraphrased) and no acknowledgement from Activesync at all... I've also tried every USB setting and physical setup that one can think of. What now? Faulty Touch, perhaps?

Last edited by ashghan; 09-26-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue