PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS for cricket service

You can try ##778# (NO SEND) if that doesn't work you can Also go to this link and down load and install the diagnostic tools cab.It has a EPST link in it. This is Ryanmogul6800's 4share site and I give him all credit for any program He provides.
Phone calls will go through 1X and data will go through EVDO.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 11-11-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Took out bad link
Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: Cricket

Kokgo20 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kokgo20 Send a message via Yahoo to Kokgo20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
You can try ##778# (NO SEND) if that doesn't work you can Also go to this link http://www.4shared.com/dir/13898363/...4/sharing.html and down load and install the diagnostic tools cab.It has a EPST link in it. This is Ryanmogul6800's 4share site and I give him all credit for any program He provides.
Phone calls will go through 1X and data will go through EVDO.
Hey Whitey 10tc
I read that u have touch working good on Cricket can you walk me threw
how to Fully Flash my touch to Cricket?
I will be so thanks full .
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokgo20 View Post
Hey Whitey 10tc
I read that u have touch working good on Cricket can you walk me threw
how to Fully Flash my touch to Cricket?
I will be so thanks full .
Thanks in advance.
You have a new message, let me know if you need anymore help or a custom cricket ROM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

dude420u is a n00b

hello guys i need some major help with my verizon htc tp flashed to cricket evreything works except the google maps only gets my location within 2200 meters wich dosent really help im not sure what to do evdo isnt avil on cricket phoens where im at yet but i do use the wi fi so mean my speed should be ok shouldnt it?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420u View Post
hello guys i need some major help with my verizon htc tp flashed to cricket evreything works except the google maps only gets my location within 2200 meters wich dosent really help im not sure what to do evdo isnt avil on cricket phoens where im at yet but i do use the wi fi so mean my speed should be ok shouldnt it?
There could be couple of things related to your issue
1st you may want to try a different radio in my local area there is one radio for the Vogue that gets better locks than others.
2nd Your signal from the towers as well as sats
you can try the following using QPST
Go to the GPS1 tab and uncheck all the boxes then recheck them.
then enter the following
pde ip address 117.29.223.11
pde port # 8080
pde transport IP
Position calculation mobile
Write to phone
close out
Then Registry edit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS
ServerPort = 8080
ServerIP = 172.29.223.11
EnableAGPS = 0
EnableGPSSmart = 0
GPSMode = 1

I would start with QPST and make those changes then proceed on to upgrading the radio.
cricKet does not officially support AGPS and they do not offer support for it, even though they do have it. They just haven't released it yet.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 11-11-2009 at 02:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

MrJodie is a n00b

JohnStewart, if no one has told you, yet, the reason you see the EVDO symbol change to a 1X when you're in a call is because Cricket doesn't allow you to use data and phone services at the same time. Only one service at a time, man. Did you get your GPS functioning? I'm working on getting my Mogul 6800 repaired and would like to know if it's worth it. If I can use GPS, then it's worth the $$$.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJodie View Post
JohnStewart, if no one has told you, yet, the reason you see the EVDO symbol change to a 1X when you're in a call is because Cricket doesn't allow you to use data and phone services at the same time. Only one service at a time, man. Did you get your GPS functioning? I'm working on getting my Mogul 6800 repaired and would like to know if it's worth it. If I can use GPS, then it's worth the $$$.
Yes you can use GPS with cricket on your Titan follow the Titan tutorial in my signature.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon/Cricket

pkopalek is a n00b

Whitey, where can I find the 38199 PRL?

The entire internet is void of it. I have a phone that I'm trying to extract it from, but it's an old Samsung that isn't playing nice with QPST, so no luck there.

*228 isn't working in my situation, which is why I'm looking for the PRL.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkopalek View Post
Whitey, where can I find the 38199 PRL?

The entire internet is void of it. I have a phone that I'm trying to extract it from, but it's an old Samsung that isn't playing nice with QPST, so no luck there.

*228 isn't working in my situation, which is why I'm looking for the PRL.
Ya I saw your posts on Ho-Fo but I haven't had any luck finding it either.
Why are you looking for it inparticular. Do you have a phone that's not OTASP'ing. Have you tried 1013 for OTASP.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon/Cricket

pkopalek is a n00b

Yeah OTA fail, big time. Cricket doesn't have a good reason for me, as to why. I've flashed other phones, and helped others move WinMo phones to cricket. Just no luck here.

I tried, literally, every Cricket .PRL in the Corolada database, and every other one I could find that seemed like others had success.

The phone receives texts, mirrored with the old phone that was using the service (if you turn on the old samsung qualcomm, you get the texts, just like the HTC), and if both phones are turned on, the call goes to the HTC, strangely. But calling out gives you the fast-busy signal.

I'm about to flash my old LG EnV, extract the PRL with LG Tools, then move the .prl to the HTC, turn it on, and hopefully not need to *228. 38599 and 38699 are newer than 38199, but you mentioned 38199 in one of your posts, so I decided to ask.

Was that a c/p from another post? If so, I'd quickly seek the OP to find it!

Thanks for your help anyway. It's really appreciated.

**edit***

This is the post where you have it listed: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=8
It's post #8 in this thread. I've been trying to Google hunt for where it came from. I'd love to find who has that PRL!

Last edited by pkopalek; 02-28-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue