PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: cricket

JohnStewart3814 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS for cricket service

okay evreryone imma noob who just had his htc touch unlocked and switched over to cricket i hvae google maps on my phone but my GPS doesnt work it says i have to weak a signal does anyone know how i can solve this
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: GPS for cricket service

Well, you can try to change your radio version. That might help but I am curious what kind of signal you are getting. Are you getting 2 bars or more? Are you getting the Ev symbol or the 1x symbol? If you are getting the Ev symbol you should have a strong enough signal for gps to work. Try opening up Google Maps directly following a soft reset after the phone has finished booting and see if you can get a signal. Also try downloading bing and see if you can get a gps lock with it. It is free as well. Good Luck!! You'll get it!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can use QPST to change the following GPSone setting.
pde ip address 172.29.223.11
pde port # 8080
pde transport IP
Position calculation mobile
or Registry edit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS
ServerPort = 8080
ServerIP = 172.29.223.11
EnableAGPS = 0
EnableGPSSmart = 0
GPSMode = 1
If this helped hit the thanks if not let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I forgot to ask what ROM you are using are you running a custom ROM or a stock Verizon Sprint or Alltel. That can make a difference.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

the registry edit didnt work at all and i have a 1x at the top of my screen now as far to the rom im using im clueless because i went and had my phone flashed at some store around my way everythng works on my phone but the gps
Old 09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bing was unsuccessful as well
Old 09-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

If you are only getting 1x and not getting EVDO then that may be why you are not getting a lock. Try calling your carriers 800 number and talk to tech support. Maybe they can help you troubleshoot your problem and make sure you have the correct settings entered. Or like I said earlier if you change your radio version you may get a stronger signal which will help gps.Call tech support first and try that. I'm sure it will be a free call.Then think about changing the radio.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStewart3814 View Post
the registry edit didnt work at all and i have a 1x at the top of my screen now as far to the rom im using im clueless because i went and had my phone flashed at some store around my way everythng works on my phone but the gps
I can help,I have 2 touch's on cricket and they work perfectly.

Do you know if it's a Verizon ROM? Verizon OEM ROM's cripple GPS.

To fix the 1x problem try looking at this post by Ryanmogul6800 on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492824 it sounds as though you are not authinticated for EVDO. (easy process)
For GPS I would recommend using QPST and changing the GPSone setting I mentioned above . As the other member recommended you can call cricket, but I don't think they will be much help they do not have good customer support for flashed phones and will most likely give you the spill that they only guaranty talk and text nothing more. Also please try the following
http://www.4shared.com/file/12269007..._5_2_3_22.html this is ryansmogul's mms/wap fix cab and It works great.

Also you can try this google maps that Ryan has packaged with astro GPS luancher.
http://www.4shared.com/file/11293605...AstroWM65.html

Check the GPS
start menu, settings, connections, external GPS,
com 4, hardware port none, baud rate 4800, advanced manage GPS automatically checked.
also do you have a program on your phone called GPS veiwer. If so open it COM Port 4, Baudrate 4800, open Gps, cold start, then Gps status.

To figure out the ROM go to start settings system device info.
It should read like this
Rom version 3.08.66.1
Rom Date 6/28/2008
Radio version 3.42.30
Protocol version
Hardware version 0001
PRL version 38199
PRI version 2.01_011
Browser version
ESN
Also if its a verizon OEM ROM You may need to to reflash the RADIO and ROM to get the GPS working.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Almost a VIP

any luck on your GPS EVDO issues?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

im making some progress i checked out that thread and did the *228 and instanly got the evdo but everytime i go into a phone call it resorts right back to 1x or when i try to connect with my google maps... my phones not letting me do the ##778 call button thing all that happens is it makes the phone call and i get the hang up and try again voice over.... im almost there any suggestions folks thanks by the way guys
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue