PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is This Guide Any Help
Yes, Thank You SOOO Much! 61 70.93%
Not Really, I Have Many Questions 9 10.47%
Kinda . . . 11 12.79%
Your Stupid For Doing This 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Sero 50

stinkbud is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android On Vogue - n00b Guide

i tried xrom2. looks great, but I cant turn on the bluetooth let alone find my earbud. Any ideas?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Carrier: Sprint

tdehner is a n00b

SO what do I do if it keeps looping back to the hero screen??
Old 08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Threadstarter

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdehner View Post
SO what do I do if it keeps looping back to the hero screen??
I can't remember exactly how I fixed this. Which build are you trying to use?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900

tdehner is a n00b

Ive tried 4 different ones now. Ive also tried removing everything from my storage card and just having only the files needed for android in the root. Same results, looping back to the hero screen. Im using a 4gb mem card. Ive read that I might have better luck with a smaller one so ill try that next i just have to go pick one up. In the meantime do you have any recomendations for builds I could try? I just want it to work now!!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Threadstarter

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdehner View Post
Ive tried 4 different ones now. Ive also tried removing everything from my storage card and just having only the files needed for android in the root. Same results, looping back to the hero screen. Im using a 4gb mem card. Ive read that I might have better luck with a smaller one so ill try that next i just have to go pick one up. In the meantime do you have any recomendations for builds I could try? I just want it to work now!!
I use a 4GB card. I use the Hero Package listed on the first page of the guide and haven't had any problems. Make sure EVERYTHING is off the storage card except for the zip package. Unzip to the storage card and only the storage card (NO sub-folders). Sometimes I have to make sure my phone has a usb or charger plugged into it or it will not properly unzip the System Image file.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

All the HERO builds I've tried have frozen within a day of installing, and a 1.5 I installed last night restarts the phone randomly. Just not having much luck with ANDROID, which is a shame because it really is a great platform.

A question for those who have used ANDROID a while. Should you always let the build create its own data.img, or can you use the same data.img with any build?

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

plemen is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
All the HERO builds I've tried have frozen within a day of installing, and a 1.5 I installed last night restarts the phone randomly. Just not having much luck with ANDROID, which is a shame because it really is a great platform.

A question for those who have used ANDROID a while. Should you always let the build create its own data.img, or can you use the same data.img with any build?
Hmm - I carry over the data.img when upgrading the same build. For example for mssmison's rogers builds I use the same data file with each upgrade; I use a different data.img for xrom but when xrom upgrades I continue to use the same xrom data.img. I use it as my day to day OS (rogers build and now xrom) without any issues.

I did run into an issue where things were flakey - it was caused by trying a new hero build almost every day - deleting files, adding files, resets, etc. It turned out I had corrupted my sdcard - I formatted my card and put on the appropriate files and everything now works super stable.

Last edited by plemen; 08-30-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

plemen is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbud View Post
i tried xrom2. looks great, but I cant turn on the bluetooth let alone find my earbud. Any ideas?
You need the appropriatte rootfs.img and zimage to turn on bluetooth. Also keep in mind bluetooth is still a work in progress.

Here:

http://vogue-android.googlecode.com/...s-26-08-09.img
http://vogue-android.googlecode.com/...Image-26-08-09
Old 08-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

trippinnik is a n00b

Wow, have to say running Android 1.5 is great. Reminds me I love this phone, but Windows Mobile bites. I haven't gotten the bluetooth to work yet, and I'm hoping to find out how to get it to sync with my Linux desktop (a little more important now that I have to turn it off to take out the memory card).

No more lag when typing. Probably one of the worst parts of WIndows mobile was trying to type an email with the touch keyboard always lagging / freezing so it was so slow to type an email. Fonts look great and the sync setup to Google stuff is so easy.

Can someone point me in the right direction for sync information? I saw I need adb.zip but it looks like files that run on the windows PC?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

trippinnik is a n00b

Quote:
What is your card formatted as FAT16 or FAT32? I made a 1GB partition on my 8GB card and made it FAT16. I'm nor sure yet if I can add another 2nd partition (ext2 or FAT32) and have it recognized in Android yet, but you could try that.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
android, guide, hero, noob, vogue