PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj
Re: Hero Android Vogue - Near Perfect!!!!!!

ok then, so i have abandoned my attempt on the new hero build and have embarked on experiments and trial and error to resolve further suitabilities for android.. my end results will be posted after i get some more information and play some more.

1. when one installs Android and configures it for the first time, where does the information go? meaning when i set up a gmail account, or any other configuration is there a preference file or something that is created? if so where is it and what is it called?

2. when anything is downloaded from 'market' where does the information go?

i have found some success and stability in a 'hybred' build called simply 'mutt project' taking other folks labor and combining it with others, just as i continue to 'tweek'its a little pain steaking to resetup gamil and all the internet. if the information was placed somewhere and i didnt have to reconfig it would be awesome

thanks in advance

thanks in advance
Old 09-20-2009, 06:17 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

^ you need to understand that any of the android / hero builds available right now for the vogue are not perfect by any means. i do hear of a new image that may make our vogues run android almost nativity, it's called tattoo and i hear it supports qvga by default. so far i haven't had much luck using android on my phone every day, just to play with. my biggest complaint is with the battery life.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

yup, the HTC tattoo has a resistive, 2.8, qvga screen with sense UI and Android 1.6 donut. Its exactly what us Vogue users were waiting for. The rom dump has been provided and they are porting it for the Vogue as we speak!!

cant wait~!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
yup, the HTC tattoo has a resistive, 2.8, qvga screen with sense UI and Android 1.6 donut. Its exactly what us Vogue users were waiting for. The rom dump has been provided and they are porting it for the Vogue as we speak!!

cant wait~!!!

lets just hope it cures all of the ailments we seem to currently have.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Touch)
Carrier: Sprint

cb526 is a n00b

So I'm not the only one with woeful battery performance while using Android (and the Vogue isn't all that great in the first place in this department) ?

I'm thinking of picking up a higher capacity battery to see if I can run it full time. I prefer it that much over WinMo, despite the lack of a working camera.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:58 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb526 View Post
So I'm not the only one with woeful battery performance while using Android (and the Vogue isn't all that great in the first place in this department) ?

I'm thinking of picking up a higher capacity battery to see if I can run it full time. I prefer it that much over WinMo, despite the lack of a working camera.

yeah the battery life is much, much worse than in winmo. an extended battery will help out alot from what i hear. for your camera search the marketplace for fxcamera....problem solved!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

Ok, I have read till my eyes have bleed.
I loaded everything that I think i need and I am get up to the HERO screen and see the animation, then I see HTC animation, then a minute or two later, i see the HERO animation again. Its loops this over and over with the starting sound for HTC, but it never gets going.

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? How do I solve this issue?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

the two big things I ran into was making sure your default.txt has middi.width=320 middi.height=480 and possible also need to have the lcd.density=160(You should see the first two already in there just make sure numbers are right. Then add in the lcd.density bit after the height area.) Also make sure you have the resource pack extracted so you have the media folder in your root directory. This got me up and running though my touchflo still crashes if I try to use it.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

gere200 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
^ you need to understand that any of the android / hero builds available right now for the vogue are not perfect by any means. i do hear of a new image that may make our vogues run android almost nativity, it's called tattoo and i hear it supports qvga by default. so far i haven't had much luck using android on my phone every day, just to play with. my biggest complaint is with the battery life.
Wow.. if this happens then the XV6900 will rule all...who is developing this tattoo ROM anyway??
Old 09-26-2009, 09:33 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gere200 View Post
Wow.. if this happens then the XV6900 will rule all...who is developing this tattoo ROM anyway??

as of today over at xda alot of the android builds have been pulled due to googles cease and desist letter. it looks like this is the end for our vogues.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
android, buttons, hero, vogue, works