PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is this true about S2U2?

According to the fine wording in Sprint's policies, changing the registry or modifying the OS does void the warranty. Even HTC and Palm will tell you that.

Now, that does not mean that every Sprint store will follow that--it just means technically they can deny you service until you hard reset that bad boy.

And to be honest, if you are going to Sprint for help (hardware) you should hard reset to dispel any ideas about your software being the culprit--because we all know it usually is anyways.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMA View Post
Thanks for the help guys, I just want to know whats going on. Also, its a stock ROM, good thing I left it stock or that would have made them tell me more bull. I think I ran into some lazy workers, going to have to find anther sprint store. And again thanks for the help
O ya and I do not have any problem with software, that is not what I went there for. The problems Im having is late text messages, texts being sent out of order, phone freezing, and the killer one is my phone goes black screen nothing works and the only way to get rid of it is to take out the battery.
find only the corporate stores, they are the ones that care big time about surveys. good luck with everything.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
According to the fine wording in Sprint's policies, changing the registry or modifying the OS does void the warranty. Even HTC and Palm will tell you that.

Now, that does not mean that every Sprint store will follow that--it just means technically they can deny you service until you hard reset that bad boy.

And to be honest, if you are going to Sprint for help (hardware) you should hard reset to dispel any ideas about your software being the culprit--because we all know it usually is anyways.
LOL thats hilarious - by that mentality just using your phone, setting up an email, changing the ringer voids the warranty as they all include reg edits let alone configuring backlight or a power setting - you cant tell me they include the very software that would void your warranty??
Good luck making that stick LOL

Sounds too much like something that would incur far more trouble than its worth - look up a class action against most the big OEM computer companies regarding restore disks and see how well that BS worked LOL

Detroit Doug

Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i was at a sprint store and watched the gifted sales people tell a guy buying a tp that the light sensor was a front facing camera. i just left and shook my head.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

The "techs" at the sprint store probably did not know how to use the phone with s2u2. It is such a complex software.... let me see slide to unlock huh? S2u2 is a great software. It does not modify the stock os or ROM permanently. As long as you dont modify the stock rom you feel free to add what ever you want to that phone dont be scared to trick out your phone. There is so much fun stuff you can do to that lil device. Just be sure you know what ur adding before you do it.

Of course you gotta go back to stock if ur having probs with the phone and want the "experts" to help you out via warranty claim. But a hard reset will do that all the time with the stock rom.

Im just glad to see the da at sprint are on par with vzw. vzw lost all cred in my book and i was planning a switch to sprint but now...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: bell

commandant83 is a n00b

this is the kind of thing that is really annoying. on one hand i understand that it's a pain for their techs to have to figure out how to use each phone a customer brings in taking into considerations the abundance of software. However, on the other hand, them attempting to suggest what was mentioned earlier is nonsense and that is why it will not be found in the user agreement. Because afaik i dont even think its within their legal range to ban all "non provider approved or created" apps.

either way, i just have one question that stems from the aforementioned, if they dont want you to download apps, downloading music and videos are also apparently frowned on, then what are we supposed to use these huge data plans they offer for ? only email ? cuz thats just unrealistic. not everyone here is the ceo of microsoft and we dont get thousands of emails a day. you guys feelin what im sayin. so clearly its not John McCain that was supposedly out of touch, its all these mobile providers that are not on the same page with their subscribers.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: Verizon

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

I found that early in the game that the techs would say if you have 3rd party software that it is causing the problem. Well no thats not the problem. I ALWAYS do a hard reset before I even go in the store. I never give them the option.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I'm glad I'm on Verizon. They don't pull that kind of stuff. They told me that they do not care if you flash a custom ROM or anything. I even went in with a WM6.1 on my Apache. The guy was reading the versions and said, "Oh that's nice". Then they replaced the phone. He said, "you bought the hardware, it's yours to do as you please".

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
I'm glad I'm on Verizon. They don't pull that kind of stuff. They told me that they do not care if you flash a custom ROM or anything. I even went in with a WM6.1 on my Apache. The guy was reading the versions and said, "Oh that's nice". Then they replaced the phone. He said, "you bought the hardware, it's yours to do as you please".

Exactly what the Sprint techs tell me as well - its yours go to town on it...
Hell, some of them want my 6.5 ROM I have on it now and everyone of them want my backgrounds LOL

Its just like the little stickers they used to put on OEM PC's that stated "by breaking this seal your void your warrenty" yet then they put the directions on the website with how to add or remove hard drives, CD ROM, ram, etc - that got shot right the F down in court fast LOL

Detroit Doug
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue