PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ZUMA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this true about S2U2?

Ok so I have been having a few problems with my phone so I took it to a sprint store to see what they say about it. They told me all they could do is do a hard reset and see what happens after that. So I said fine do it (I have done it a few times and all it is, is a quick fix) but when they looked on my phone, they seen S2U2 running and they said that software that makes my phone look like an iphone voids my warranty. That Im luck that they are helping me becuase some sprint stores will not help someone if they have "software that makes a phone look like an iphone". They hard reset my phone and said dont use software that makes your phone look like an iphone. So my question is, is this true that S2U2 voids the warranty or are they just full of it? Also, if I put S2U2 back on and uninstill it before I give it to sprint, can they find out that I had it?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Is this true about S2U2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMA View Post
Ok so I have been having a few problems with my phone so I took it to a sprint store to see what they say about it. They told me all they could do is do a hard reset and see what happens after that. So I said fine do it (I have done it a few times and all it is, is a quick fix) but when they looked on my phone, they seen S2U2 running and they said that software that makes my phone look like an iphone voids my warranty. That Im luck that they are helping me becuase some sprint stores will not help someone if they have "software that makes a phone look like an iphone". They hard reset my phone and said dont use software that makes your phone look like an iphone. So my question is, is this true that S2U2 voids the warranty or are they just full of it? Also, if I put S2U2 back on and uninstill it before I give it to sprint, can they find out that I had it?

No one probably would answer this question b/c it's been answered a million times! Yes do exactly what you thought, uninstall before you go there!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

I'd ask where it says that in your agreement/bill/etc.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kdps105 is keeping up the good workkdps105 is keeping up the good work

I call shenanigans on this its total B.S. I would not bother with uninstalling it. It is software that you have a license to use and it doesn't modify the phone in anyway. Now I am a big Sprint supporter but those douche bags are full of s**t. Plus 1 for the post right above mine djheir I would ask them to show it to you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdps105 View Post
I call shenanigans on this its total B.S. I would not bother with uninstalling it. It is software that you have a license to use and it doesn't modify the phone in anyway. Now I am a big Sprint supporter but those douche bags are full of s**t. Plus 1 for the post right above mine djheir I would ask them to show it to you.

No it's not, at least in sprints eyes! Anything that doesn't come from the sprint store and their certified affiliates are considered third party apps and they will not help you with your phone. To sprint that's software mod, sprint does not offer S2U2 nor does it offer technical support for these programs.... when there's a problem with the software what do we do we come back to the forums and notify the creator of the software to come up with a solution. I don't agree with sprint but you do void your warranty! because it may be a problem with the phone do to the software installation and they haven't and will not train their tech for that (to much money).... Trust me I used to work for sprint. Your wasting your time if you think you can go to the stores and have this programs on and they'll work on it for you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
No it's not, at least in sprints eyes! Anything that doesn't come from the sprint store and their certified affiliates are considered third party apps and they will not help you with your phone. To sprint that's software mod, sprint does not offer S2U2 nor does it offer technical support for these programs.... when there's a problem with the software what do we do we come back to the forums and notify the creator of the software to come up with a solution. I don't agree with sprint but you do void your warranty! because it may be a problem with the phone do to the software installation and they haven't and will not train their tech for that (to much money).... Trust me I used to work for sprint. Your wasting your time if you think you can go to the stores and have this programs on and they'll work on it for you!
Now I call shenanigans on this as well, I used to go into my local Sprint store when I first got my Touch and they had no issue helping me with hardware or connectivity issues with S2U2 or any other software on the device including those that changed the theme or UI of the phone

The person goes in and it has a Stock ROM on it and it is displaying issues with connectivity or whatever they apps on it doesnt matter - what your saying is akin to buying a HP Laptop and because you installed a screen saver on it and now it wont read the CD ROM its warranty is voided and your SOL

I agree if it is a custom ROM on it and they wouldnt work on it - thats more than understandable, but the fact a app voids your warranty is bunk sounds to me the poster found a lazy tech that didnt want to be bothered with anything other than hard reset and send em away

BTW here in Las Vegas there is at least 3 stores that dont care if it is a custom ROM even - as long as its an actual hardware issue they take care of it

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

PacoJr67 is just getting started

according to the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act. OEMs or carriers (of any product, not just cell phones) are not allowed to void a warranty due to the use of any third party product unless they can prove that use of that product will damage the device.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 600...Mogul...Touch Pro...Touch Pro 2...Evo

Acedooncoon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Acedooncoon Send a message via Yahoo to Acedooncoon

All I have to say is....You might as well call that Sprint store a Diaper...because they are full of Sh*t...How they gonna say some dumb crap like that...One thing I have learned with sprint is that if there is sumthing wrong with ur phone...they FIX is a damn Hard Reset....they ALWAYS say that...then they wanna tell u that its the 3rd party apps that is causing the problem....I for one haved never been afraid of having to uninstall anything b4 going to the store....Tell them to have take ur phone and shove in up their Candy A**....lol
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

i have a touch pro, but i have a new rom installed on my phone as well as nearly every goody that most of us here use daily. i've went into multiple sprint stores and they all have helped me without question. truth of the matter is, most of the employees know less than we do when it comes to certain problems(at least from my experience). they've never turned me away for any reason that dealt with 3rd party apps. if they do...i threaten giving them a bad survey. now i know some of you will disagree with this practice, but as stated above, how can they deny us service when they don't know for sure that the 3rd party app caused any problems to our phones. i will sit there and handle it in a very diplomatic way. simply stated, the customer is NOT always right, but if you have a legitimate problem, they should help you, not try to give you a lecture about programs that they dont sell. trust me, stand your ground, don't get loud, or disrespectful, but make sure they know that you've never been treated worse when you came to them for help. corporate businesses get big payouts for survey scores, and it only takes one to make a perfect score drop to "not good enough" standards in the company's eyes.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

ZUMA is a n00b

Thanks for the help guys, I just want to know whats going on. Also, its a stock ROM, good thing I left it stock or that would have made them tell me more bull. I think I ran into some lazy workers, going to have to find anther sprint store. And again thanks for the help
O ya and I do not have any problem with software, that is not what I went there for. The problems Im having is late text messages, texts being sent out of order, phone freezing, and the killer one is my phone goes black screen nothing works and the only way to get rid of it is to take out the battery.

Last edited by ZUMA; 05-04-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue