PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hello Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomachead View Post
Wow, that's surprising as it's using the old verizon rom. But it's good for you because you can now go ahead and flash your rom and not worry about Verizon locking the GPS.

Someone who's unlocked a vogue can hopefully comment on the best way for you to upgrade the radio. I believe the only way to get a radio on the vogue is to flash a carrier rom, which includes a bootloader. So I'm not sure if it's best flash the SPL or the carrier rom update first. The other thing to know is that if you flash a carrier rom, then the splash screen will change. You can get it back to normal by creating a special rom which just includes a splash screen or by using the PPC Kitchen and building your own rom.

Are you referring to carrier.cab's - those are just installable cab files for integrating carrier specific settings and apps into a flashed generic ROM on a phone so you can use data, gps, phone on a specific carrier needing setup example "dcd Sprint Carrier 20090109.rar" (what I use as I am on Sprint when I flash a generic ROM

As far as upgrading the radio firstly you will need to unlock the phone
ImCoKeMan has a thread stickied to the top with a write up on the process just make sure to use the 2.31 version

Radio upgrades can come in base ROMs - search for "Vogue Radio ROM 3.42.50.rar" and flash that after you lock and before you flash your custom ROM of choice as it will then upgrade your radio to (in this example) 3.42.50 and then you soft reset the phone before customizations take place and then flash to the ROM you want

Hope that helps

Detroit Doug

PS just re-read it and your on verizon LOL I know Im tired now .. anyway do some research in the threads regarding custom ROMs and Verizon and GPS/MMS issues has there have been alot lately (far to many for my tired brain to re hash out here) and you can be prepared for any issues that may arise and have the needed settings, reg edits and cab files to hopefully make it upgrade a bit smoother for you

Last edited by detroit_doug; 04-17-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: verizon

infamousj012 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to infamousj012

first things first congradts on your new ppc; i've just recently learned myself of this site/modding thing and you'll be relieved to know, i've been at this for 1 week and already produced a working rom :]

good luck. && happy cooking.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tekno21 is a n00b

Thanks for the warm welcome, I just did some playing around and did some successfull Flash's I have to play around with them and find out which one I like the best I'm currently on the Verizon Radio 3.37.78 which seems to be the most popular.

Interesting though in my messinging section it only has the MMS and E-Mail options, the menu no longer contains the option for a regular text, is this normal?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue