PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VOGUE CDMA 6900
Carrier: MOVILNET VENEZUELA

chborge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some Help Needed With Vogue Roms

Good afternoon everybody!!!!, (I live in Venezuela, my provider is movilnet, I own a CDMA VOGUE 6900 VOGU100, upgraded to EVDO REV A, gps activated with htc rom for sprint rom ver 3.03.651.4 radio version 3.42.30 protocol ver DCAAXAM-4350H)
The one who has helped me with my VOGUE (OMJ), is taking a break because of his loss (all of us are beside of him supporting sentimentally at this sad moment, not sure if it is written the right way, I hope you can understand what i mean).

My questions are:
1) Can a ELF rom, windows 6.1 spanish be flashed on the cdma vogue?

2) How can i extract the language files from a rom wm 6.1 to change it in the one im going to flash? (somebody told me it is in the mui files, but noy sure, and if it is right which should be de language code?

3) i`ve descripted the rom ive flashed, gps is working fine even with no internet access, (garmin works fine even with no phone service, terracrosser is also working fine), which rom is better than the one i`ve described above?

4) after flashing should the phone be relocked, what is the relocking procedure?

thanks in advance for your kindly help.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chborge is a n00b
Re: Some Help Needed With Vogue Roms

i`ve forgot to mention:

1) the rom above is CE OS 5.2.19208(build 5.2.19208.1.0.1)

2) i`ve got the movilnet ruu signed.nbh but it is for the titan, it is wm6, how can the PRL configuration or the curtomization file extracted to use it into a customized new rom for wm6.1, is it possible?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chborge is a n00b

Well, it seems like nobody has the answers, i'll keep waiting somebody knows about it.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1. no you can't do that
2. I'm not sure about
3. NFSFAN's ROM's are as good (imho)http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432487
4. after flashing the phone does not need to relocked...Only for warranty purposes would you need to relock your phone, when it is nessacary then just run .40 unlocker and flash back to the original stock ROM provided by your carrier...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chborge is a n00b

Thank you hooover for your answer, i`ll keep searching
Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ill answer what I can to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chborge View Post
My questions are:
1) Can a ELF rom, windows 6.1 spanish be flashed on the cdma vogue?
No, the ELF is GSM and the CDMA Vogue you described and the ELF are not interchangeable - stick with Vogue ROMs and you will be fine

Quote:
2) How can i extract the language files from a rom wm 6.1 to change it in the one im going to flash? (somebody told me it is in the mui files, but noy sure, and if it is right which should be de language code?
Not exactly sure, but what I read that sound correct, unsure on how to extract it though, perhaps checking over at XDA-Developers as well can shine some light or get you the proper Spanish files needed

Quote:
3) i`ve descripted the rom ive flashed, gps is working fine even with no internet access, (garmin works fine even with no phone service, terracrosser is also working fine), which rom is better than the one i`ve described above?
ROMs are a personal choice, if it is working why would you want something else than may cause you issues you dont currently have - basically if its not broke dont fix it, but if you really want a different ROM, look up the ROMs Vin, WhosDaMan and NFSFAN over at XDA are cooking up, very stable, fast and latest features as well as sys/xip additions as well

Quote:
4) after flashing should the phone be relocked, what is the relocking procedure?
Once unlocked and flashed to your custom ROM of your choice, there is no need to relock it unless your sending it back for repair/replacement and even then, a flash back to the latest Stock ROM from the manufacture will usually suffice as they will just repair it, wipe it, reload it and send it out as refurb anyway

Quote:
thanks in advance for your kindly help.
No probelm, hope it helps a bit

Detroit Doug

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

LOL seems Hoover beat me to it, though it wasnt showing any replies as I was writing this, weird ...

Detroit Doug
Old 05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chborge is a n00b

thank you detroit doug, thanks for your interest to help.
i`m still searching the way to do this and some other things, if i find something about this i`ll post it here to help others .
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue