PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Antenna Issue

Ok... I need help... I did something stupid and put a twist-tie in the external antenna port on the phone in an attempt to boost signal. Well, I pulled it back out and now the phone has little to no service on it's own. It's almost like there is a switch that is in the phone that turns off the internal antenna when you put something into the external port. So here's my question, how can I turn back on the internal antenna? Any Ideas?

Edit: I've tried soft-resetting a couple of times and taking the battery out... No results...

Old 02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Antenna Issue

Back up and hard reset.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Ok... I need help... I did something stupid and put a twist-tie in the external antenna port on the phone in an attempt to boost signal. Well, I pulled it back out and now the phone has little to no service on it's own. It's almost like there is a switch that is in the phone that turns off the internal antenna when you put something into the external port. So here's my question, how can I turn back on the internal antenna? Any Ideas?

Edit: I've tried soft-resetting a couple of times and taking the battery out... No results...
A twist-tie??? at least your honest about the level of an idea it was to do that LOL - just messing with you (had to expect someone to didnt ya?)

Anyway, what hole are you referring to?? there are only 2 holes on the HTC Vogue (Touch) on the bottom on either side of the mini-USB port if looking directly at it the left side is your microphone (I believe may be wrong there but I know its NOT an external antennae port) and on the right is the reset port for the tip of the stylus to go into

the only other places I could think of is to the far left on the bottom again and that for a lanyard to thread through - no damage could be caused there and then the Mini-USB itself and I would hope you didnt put it there, how thick was this twist-tie??? LOL

Either way, the only thing I can think of is that with the twist-tie you for some reason decided would work like an coat-hanger on a car radio for some reason were to be inserted in the previously mentioned 2 areas you probably shorted something out therefor no signal (be glad it even turns on) the other issue would be that perhaps a coincidence of the face in the comm manager your radio/phone is turned off (also known as airplane mode) check that, but Im betting you are going to have to come up with some good story on how it just up and stopped dialing out or taking calls and get your insurance (you DID at least get insurance right???) to replace it if the previous idea of hard-resetting doesnt help

Detroit Doug

Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Back up and hard reset.
Darn... I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that... Hahaha... Alright, I'll give it a try at lunch.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Detroit_Doug... The "hole"

Old 02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Look here , But you beet me to it . lol Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...63&postcount=3
Old 02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Re: Detroit_Doug... The "hole"
AHHH OK - I was hoping it was not on the outside, wasnt clear on where you put the twist-tie and I do have a co-worker with a Touch that attempted the same thing only with the microphone hole (for some reason this "engineer" as that is his title) thought that he could improve reception that way LOL

but like I said, hopefully you do have insurance or the phone is new enough as if checking the comm manager or the hard reset doesnt work, something might have shorted and you may want to replace it

Detroit Doug
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hard-Reset gave no results... So I guess I get to go to the Verizon store after work, and see what they can give me with my insurance... Lesson learned.

Last edited by sdlucky7; 02-26-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok... Verizon is replacing my phone under warrantee, although I have to wait to Monday to get it. They do not have any of the phones in stock, nor do any of the store in our area. In fact, the woman that I was dealing with had to call to Verizon to get one because their system would not let her order a referb one. As explained to me, this happens when Verizon is down to their last phones and about to roll out a new model... Diamond perhaps?

But yea... Lesson learned... And I get a 4 day time-out without my phone (till Monday night).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue