Thread: Antenna Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
detroit_doug
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Antenna Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Ok... I need help... I did something stupid and put a twist-tie in the external antenna port on the phone in an attempt to boost signal. Well, I pulled it back out and now the phone has little to no service on it's own. It's almost like there is a switch that is in the phone that turns off the internal antenna when you put something into the external port. So here's my question, how can I turn back on the internal antenna? Any Ideas?

Edit: I've tried soft-resetting a couple of times and taking the battery out... No results...
A twist-tie??? at least your honest about the level of an idea it was to do that LOL - just messing with you (had to expect someone to didnt ya?)

Anyway, what hole are you referring to?? there are only 2 holes on the HTC Vogue (Touch) on the bottom on either side of the mini-USB port if looking directly at it the left side is your microphone (I believe may be wrong there but I know its NOT an external antennae port) and on the right is the reset port for the tip of the stylus to go into

the only other places I could think of is to the far left on the bottom again and that for a lanyard to thread through - no damage could be caused there and then the Mini-USB itself and I would hope you didnt put it there, how thick was this twist-tie??? LOL

Either way, the only thing I can think of is that with the twist-tie you for some reason decided would work like an coat-hanger on a car radio for some reason were to be inserted in the previously mentioned 2 areas you probably shorted something out therefor no signal (be glad it even turns on) the other issue would be that perhaps a coincidence of the face in the comm manager your radio/phone is turned off (also known as airplane mode) check that, but Im betting you are going to have to come up with some good story on how it just up and stopped dialing out or taking calls and get your insurance (you DID at least get insurance right???) to replace it if the previous idea of hard-resetting doesnt help

Detroit Doug