PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: CDMA

Sawley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to turn off phone radio and keep the data connected?

I have 2 questions please:

1. Can I turn off the phone radio without turning off the data connection?
Reason: I want to be able to turn off my phone so I don't receive calls but I still want to be able to use my mobile internet and/or tether.

2. Can I turn off all connections without my phone going into airplane mode?
Reason: To be able to use GPS in the US but my TT7 doesn't work in flight mode. I keep only the bluetooth connection on to avoid flight mode but this does drain my battery.

As always, I appreciate any comments or answers regarding these questions or any alternatives I can use...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Is it possible to turn off phone radio and keep the data connected?

Not sure is is possible to have the ratio off and the data connection on, but there is an application called callfirewall that is capable of blocking all incoming calls you might want to check it out, and i think you have to be connected to the internet to be able to use GPS of course i could be wrong...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawley View Post
I have 2 questions please:

1. Can I turn off the phone radio without turning off the data connection?
Reason: I want to be able to turn off my phone so I don't receive calls but I still want to be able to use my mobile internet and/or tether.

2. Can I turn off all connections without my phone going into airplane mode?
Reason: To be able to use GPS in the US but my TT7 doesn't work in flight mode. I keep only the bluetooth connection on to avoid flight mode but this does drain my battery.

As always, I appreciate any comments or answers regarding these questions or any alternatives I can use...
1. Not possible. Not on the vogue at least cuz it lacks wifi. Your data connection comes thru the phone radio..so no phone=no data.

2. i believe if you turn the radios off individually, instead of flight mode, that you can bypass it. i havent used a vogue in a while though...so this is in theory

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Sawley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
Not sure is is possible to have the ratio off and the data connection on, but there is an application called callfirewall that is capable of blocking all incoming calls you might want to check it out, and i think you have to be connected to the internet to be able to use GPS of course i could be wrong...
Actually I have heard of call firewall but I wasn't able to install it successfully... do I need to install something before it can work? The site mentions something like .NET Compact Framework 2.0. What is that?

About the GPS... it will work without data as I use it all the time. What I do is I start TT7 (thru astroGPS) and wait 5 seconds to get a lock, then I press the end button to minimize it, then I go to my communications and turn ON bluetooth and turn OFF all other connections (including "phone" and "data"), then I go back to TT7 and it works like a charm without any phone/data connection. Basically, it'll work without phone/data connection after it gets a lock on some birds...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Sawley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
2. i believe if you turn the radios off individually, instead of flight mode, that you can bypass it. i havent used a vogue in a while though...so this is in theory
I have tried this but the phone does go into airplane mode once I disable the last connection...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:43 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Talking Re: Is it possible to turn off phone radio and keep the data connected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawley View Post
Actually I have heard of call firewall but I wasn't able to install it successfully... do I need to install something before it can work? The site mentions something like .NET Compact Framework 2.0. What is that?

About the GPS... it will work without data as I use it all the time. What I do is I start TT7 (thru astroGPS) and wait 5 seconds to get a lock, then I press the end button to minimize it, then I go to my communications and turn ON bluetooth and turn OFF all other connections (including "phone" and "data"), then I go back to TT7 and it works like a charm without any phone/data connection. Basically, it'll work without phone/data connection after it gets a lock on some birds...

Yeah you have to install .NET Compact Framework 2.0 first here explains exactly what it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Compact_Framework
And you can download it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Have to install from your pc so your device has to be conected to the usb port.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue