PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kenk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Phone running slowly

I have an HTC Touch Sprint. It has windows 6.1 on it. No special ROMS and such. I did a hard reset few times because it kept on locking up. There seems to a huge delay from the time I push the key to type and for anything happen. Furthermore, I have been resetting the phone about five times a day. Should I take it into a Sprint store? The calls are being dropped, while I am talking. I heard they might give you a Sprint diamond, which I don't want. Does the Diamond even have an expansion slot for a card?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Phone running slowly

no sd card on diamond. try using memmaid memory cleaner. love that app. on all my phones. theres a free trial also. http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenk is a n00b

I tried using that program, but no change.Same things are happening. I also used SKTools.
Any other suggestions?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

flash to a diff. rom. plenty of them.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenk is a n00b

If I used a different ROM won't that void my warranty on my phone?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

they still have touch's to replace your phone with. I would try a new phone. Even on the stock rom, my touch was blazin fast, cooked ones just made it better. try an change...

[
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenk is a n00b

I went into a Sprint Store today. I had been on with tech support without any help at all. I had to do yet another restore of the entire phone. This was about the 5th time now. The phone this morning was acting horribly sluggish. The program list would populate at an incredibly slow speed. I could not type email or text. Additionally, I have programs on my phone that I have to use for school/work and I cannot have calls being dropped. Each time I have to restore these programs I have to call the company that provides them and issue me a new code. On the fourth time the guy who was providing me with my codes saw in the notes the number of times that I needed them and asked if I was using them on different phones. So, that is quite frustrating.
Every time after I did a complete restore to the system things would be fine for a few days, maybe less, and then they would return to the same ridiculously slow process.
Therefore, I decided that this kind of functionality out of a phone is just absurd. I went in Sprint store, they looked at it, and they told me nothing was wrong with it. They said they would give me the "benefit of the doubt" that I was telling the truth and order me a new one that could be in a few days. I explained my situation with not being able to miss calls or have them dropped, in addition to the need of certain programs. I was told, "the programs are not my problem." Furthermore, I was told, "what? Do you just want a new phone? Because we can do an upgrade but you'll have to buy it."
I was quite annoyed at this point. To add insult to injury, he said, he informed me, “well I am the boss and I can credit your account for the gas to get here.” I told him, no, that would not be necessary. That was not the reason I was in here. I was in here to get a working phone, not a new type of phone…just simply a working model of the phone I currently have. In addition, I already knew that the Diamond does not have an expansion slot, which will not work for me. I never even mention getting a new type of phone. I was hoping maybe he could check a different store to see if they had one in stock.
I just abhor the idea he thought I was in there swindling him. I am happy that I am getting a new Touch, but the way I was treated, I thought, was inappropriate and extremely unprofessional!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
they still have touch's to replace your phone with. I would try a new phone. Even on the stock rom, my touch was blazin fast, cooked ones just made it better. try an change...
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenk is a n00b

Does trying a different ROM void your warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
acs tester

just go back to stock if you send phone back. i dont even go to sprint store with flashed phone. no way, no how.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenk is a n00b

Can they tell if it has been flashed with a different rom? What ROM would you suggest using? Your personal preference and why it might be a good one to have. Also, if I do a hard restart, does it go back to the stock edition of the phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
just go back to stock if you send phone back. i dont even go to sprint store with flashed phone. no way, no how.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue