PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Sulten is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contacts Question

Ok so i have my touch synced to my hotmail account and on my laptop i have the outlook plugin to sync my hotmail account.

i have a copy of my contacts on my outlook for back up so when my phone sync i get double contacts from syncing to the hotmail account and when i plug my phone to the laptop to sync.

is there anything i can do so i wont have to keep deleting double contacts? every time it sync's to either one.

what i have done:

when i do start / programs and go under activesync when i click on menu / options then uncheck contacts it gives me

to proceed activesync must remove all contacts synchronized to our device, i dont want to remove them from my device.

shoule i remove them from the device and let it sync to hotmail?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Contacts Question

I came across a thread about this yesterday which lead me to this thread. I will attach the program as well. I am not sure how to exactly solve your problem but this will ease the pain lol. I hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip Duplicate Contact.zip (71.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Elfin extended ROM
Carrier: Rogers

kbywg is a n00b
Re: Contacts Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulten View Post
Ok so i have my touch synced to my hotmail account and on my laptop i have the outlook plugin to sync my hotmail account.

i have a copy of my contacts on my outlook for back up so when my phone sync i get double contacts from syncing to the hotmail account and when i plug my phone to the laptop to sync.

is there anything i can do so i wont have to keep deleting double contacts? every time it sync's to either one.

what i have done:

when i do start / programs and go under activesync when i click on menu / options then uncheck contacts it gives me

to proceed activesync must remove all contacts synchronized to our device, i dont want to remove them from my device.

shoule i remove them from the device and let it sync to hotmail?
I have the same setup except I only sync Hotmail with my Outlook on my home desktop and my work laptop, not with my Touch. I use active sync to sync my contacts and calendar with my Touch. I use the above posts duplicate contacts when I have active sync issues but I also keep a backup of my contacts and calendar that I export with Outlook, on both computers. When there is a meltdown I can restore my Outlooks and active sync to my Touch again. Hope this helps. It has worked MANY times for me.
-Resco Explorer 2008 Registry, Contact Manager.
-SPB Pocket Plus, Cootek Touchpal keyboard, SBSH Calendar Touch, Home Screen PlusPlus UI, MemMaid, Mortscript, NikiSimFix, Modaco NoData, Sprite Backup, TCPMP, WVD, AC IMSelector, Nixie Tube Clock, Skyfire, Netfront.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue