kbywg
Lurker

kbywg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Contacts Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulten View Post
Ok so i have my touch synced to my hotmail account and on my laptop i have the outlook plugin to sync my hotmail account.

i have a copy of my contacts on my outlook for back up so when my phone sync i get double contacts from syncing to the hotmail account and when i plug my phone to the laptop to sync.

is there anything i can do so i wont have to keep deleting double contacts? every time it sync's to either one.

what i have done:

when i do start / programs and go under activesync when i click on menu / options then uncheck contacts it gives me

to proceed activesync must remove all contacts synchronized to our device, i dont want to remove them from my device.

shoule i remove them from the device and let it sync to hotmail?
I have the same setup except I only sync Hotmail with my Outlook on my home desktop and my work laptop, not with my Touch. I use active sync to sync my contacts and calendar with my Touch. I use the above posts duplicate contacts when I have active sync issues but I also keep a backup of my contacts and calendar that I export with Outlook, on both computers. When there is a meltdown I can restore my Outlooks and active sync to my Touch again. Hope this helps. It has worked MANY times for me.
-Resco Explorer 2008 Registry, Contact Manager.
-SPB Pocket Plus, Cootek Touchpal keyboard, SBSH Calendar Touch, Home Screen PlusPlus UI, MemMaid, Mortscript, NikiSimFix, Modaco NoData, Sprite Backup, TCPMP, WVD, AC IMSelector, Nixie Tube Clock, Skyfire, Netfront.