PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Brand new Touch... what to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx10 View Post
thanks JJ .. trying it out now ... also ... once I install the custom rom ...can i still install apps ?? sorry if its an NOOOOOOOOBBB question ... just wondering ... also can i still download themes and customization apps ?? thanks again ... Jackie
Yes, you can install apps and themes. Your phone will work just like normal in this regard.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
go with touchpal if you are looking for a good SIP keyboard. there are lots of roms on here and they all have their strenght so you have to install them and try them out. they all have their little bugs. Dharveys rom is still the best and least buggy to me but that's just me. Whosdaman has a real good one too. I am checking into dettes soon.
hey man i see ur gonna try dettes... im using it now and it has been working flawlessly and is very quick.. so far i love it
Old 03-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900/ HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

Gparadox is a n00b

So Im using this website as a guide. http://arianhojat.com/files/phone/vx...ustom_rom.html

And I will unlock it using Coke. For Step 2. Flash a New Carrier Rom. Can I use the Official Verizon Wireless 6.1 Version?

And then for Step 3. Can I use a ROM I made using the Kitchen??

Do I ever allow Customizations to run if I do this?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeissomething View Post
So I just got a verizon touch brand new. Shelled out the whole 199.99 for the thing after I lost my 6700. I messed around with my 6700 some. I had 6.1 on it and such.

But this thing... it's alright. Right off the bat I'd enjoy a few things:

A decent full keyboard. I used a aquatint's and he had a full horizontal keyboard that automatically switched the orientation. It was pretty nice, but I can't seem to find anything like that around.

GPS...

Bluetooth object transfer.

A decent video player? TCPMP? WMP mobile codecs for flac?

I don't know, I'm kind of an idiot. What would you do with a shiny new touch?
Well first search then research more and if it ain't broke-f*** with it then f**** with it some more!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint

bob13bob is just getting started

1. Find and install a custom rom. if you don't know how make sure you do it carefully the first time. this link will get you started. You can google for a more thorough guide.

To choose a rom, i would go with one recently updated.
here's one

These custom roms will probably take care of the features you want most, and it's more stable and faster than choosing your features independently (they don't always play nice together)

once you find a rom you like

2. get a good keyboard
I would use touch pal or diamond qwerty keyboard discussed below. For people who've tried and learned many input methods these seem to be heavily suggested. Once you get used to them they are often faster than switching to full screen keyboards.
thread on best input method

3. Open up google maps application (most likely included with your custom rom) Check how fast your gps locks. If you are unhappy, there are threads depended on provider i.e. verizon on how to tweak gps. At least with sprint people are able to get under 10 second locks.

4. make sure you have a good web browser. I use this set up.link. It looks more complicated than it is, (especially if you don't have any problems), but it's very worth it. This set up has made my phone a lot more efficient at browsing.

Last edited by bob13bob; 03-11-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue